My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: eBid v3 Snag List

If they are getting the same as me, its like jolting, when I move the scroll bar down the side of the page with my mouse. Its not a smooth action... if that makes sense

Battersea, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View rainbowcraft's Feedback (+2067)
    All-About rainbowcraft
    View rainbowcraft's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sat246
    If they are getting the same as me, its like jolting, when I move the scroll bar down the side of the page with my mouse. Its not a smooth action... if that makes sense

That's the one....

It's ONLY on the Home Page here....it's not moving smmothly when I scroll. Like it temp freezes, then unfreezes, then freezes, then unfreezes....all the way down or across the page.
    Last edited by rainbowcraft; 25th March 2006 at 08:22 PM.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by val4xx
    1. Just clicked the 'send payment reminder' box in AAL area-and I have no idea if anything happened? can we have a 'done' message or something similar displayed
    A log row is made to the AAL stating a reminder has been sent

2.There is no option to 'mark as unpaid' - in this case an unverified buyer has tried to pay via pppay - but failed. I do not accept pppay payments from unverified users so i want to mark it unpaid.
    We envisage users entering details such as "User not paid after 14 days" or similar into the "Mark as Paid" entry

3. on another auction I am trying to 'mark as paid' but am getting a message that the system wants 'details'. Can we remove this requirement for sellers please, it's ok to be there for those that want to make payment notes- but for volume sellers it's just taking up time
    If you enter a comment about the payment/non payment then it can be viewed by both parties to stop futher questioning.

4. The 'mark as shipped' box is also producing an error message wanting the seller to enter details. can this be changed so that no comment is required- or how about a drop down date box?
    As above, leaving a non-empty entry will allow for less confusion for both parties.

5. report as non paying bidder button. exactly the same error message comes up- wants details. What details??. when i do try to 'add some details' it tells me i cant report as a non paying bidder until i've sent three reminders! Actually i've already sent more than 3 reminders via my own email- but there is no way to reflect this.
    3 payment reminders are currently required and a "Mark as Paid" entry before a NPB can be reported.

6. Apparently only one payment reminder can be sent every 24 hours. Looks like i'll be busy sending reminders for the next 3 days then It would have been helpful if we'd been warned about this so we could make sure any older cases were fully marked up as non payers .
    Input as to how we can perfect the AAL is appreciated, we will listen to everyone's comments and act when we feel an agreement on to the specifics of each part is reached.. This is a beta version and changes are inevitable
    Last edited by gazza; 25th March 2006 at 08:02 PM.
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rainbowcraft
    3 reminders is too many. I'd give it TWO, tops.

The buyer gets:

EOA notice
    Invoice from Seller

Then, if they are a NPB, they should get:

Payment reminder (only allowed after X days)
    Final payment reminder (allowed after a further X days)
    NPB strike (report allowed after a further X days)

That means the buyer has FOUR chances to pay/make arrangements with seller before being reported. Also, you could allow the system to send further OPTIONAL reminders at the seller's discretion. Forcing more than 2 onto sellers (eBay only have the ONE, and that's when you file a dispute) lengthens the process and ties stock up in an otherwise *dead* transaction.

A NPB will still be a NPB whether you remind them once or 10 times.
    EOA notice
    Invoice from Seller
    these are the same email sent from eBid
    eBid.net

All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

8. My defaults. EBID store category drop down menu showing blank- no categories available to select from so i am unable to try setting up a second default template
    Acknowledged, checking now.

G
    eBid.net

All-About rainbowcraft
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza
    EOA notice
    Invoice from Seller
    these are the same email sent from eBid

EOA isn't an invoice - it doesn't give all the details of payment methods etc. It just gives the seller's address and recommends PPPay. So the seller sends a full invoice - which is ESPECIALLY needed for multiple/combined purchases.

All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Another snag
    7. Earlier today (pre V3) i edited an auctioin to add a photo and selected the 'gallery' option

http://uk.three.ebid.net/perl/auctio...7-0&mo=auction

I've just spotted in the EBID 'my money' area that I have been charged a featured fee for this- i'll email support separately for a refund. I've tried to edit the auction to ensure no further 'featured' fees are taken on auto repost- but the edit screen comes up as 'normal auction edit' and does not show me the screen where i selected 'gallery'. Also I've noticed thet my auction is not showing in my EBID store- the drop down 'ebid store cateogy' box shows no categories to select. ( i have 30 categories).

i'll be back later with more snags no doubt!
    Refund has been made, checking on this.

G
    eBid.net

Quote Originally Posted by gazza
    By juddering do you mean the screen is actually moving whilst you are not touching your mouse?

Just re-tested store details updating, all seems fine, can you give us more details. Ensure you are clicking the "Update Store Details" button to save your choices

Yes the screen has jumped a few times whilst in my ebid & looking at catagories

Just tried to updat my store again and the update details button is not doing anything (no reference to it leading to another page)
    Tried another button on the same page (the review frontpage status button) and this did not work & came up with this

Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator, you@your.address and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.34 Server at uk.four.ebid.net Port 80

Hope this helps

Gazza. Can we not have a counter in our stores, so we can see how many people are looking in our stores?

All-About rainbowcraft
    Forum Posts

In My eBid, in the Buddy Points section, where it sets out the BP awards, it says:

Referring a Buddy span

What does "span" mean?

Thread Information