eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: eBid v3 Snag List

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default eBid v3 Snag List

We would appreciate any input as to bugs that show up when using our updated software, please leave a message below with specific URLS and details of the problem encountered.

Many Thanks All
    Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Battersea, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View rainbowcraft's Feedback (+2067)
    All-About rainbowcraft
    View rainbowcraft's Listings
    Forum Posts

Could we have "Report as Non-Performing Seller" in the AAL drop-down of items you've BOUGHT?

Thanks

-----

We'll tinker with this idea.
    G
    Last edited by gazza; 25th March 2006 at 07:33 PM.

this is what my ebid screen looks like, same with the listings. Hope I have done this right!

--------

This is a cache problem, looks like yours is being very stubborn, we can only suggest you keep refreshing.

G
    Last edited by sat246; 24th December 2006 at 08:39 PM.

Hi Gazza,

I marked an auction as paid (AAL) & received an email informing me that i'd done it, i don't like this, i knew i'd done it as i was here at the time lol.
    I looked at 'my emails' & couldn't find a box to uncheck for this option.
    I'd prefer not to get an email every time i mark an item as paid.
    Regards, Ann.

-------------

We'll be adding AAL emails to the My eMails list to allow opting out as it seems they are not liked by some.

G
    Last edited by gazza; 25th March 2006 at 07:35 PM.

My auctions, good prices, fair p&p.

Laughing is good exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello

First snag to report is that EBID went down without warning- and no temporary page was put in place to announce maintainance. If the site is being taken down again could you please make sure some kind of temp page is available.

I've discovered some nice things, there's room for some more but hopefully they're on their way

Snags

1. Just clicked the 'send payment reminder' box in AAL area-and I have no idea if anything happened? can we have a 'done' message or something similar displayed

2.There is no option to 'mark as unpaid' - in this case an unverified buyer has tried to pay via pppay - but failed. I do not accept pppay payments from unverified users so i want to mark it unpaid.

3. on another auction I am trying to 'mark as paid' but am getting a message that the system wants 'details'. Can we remove this requirement for sellers please, it's ok to be there for those that want to make payment notes- but for volume sellers it's just taking up time

4. The 'mark as shipped' box is also producing an error message wanting the seller to enter details. can this be changed so that no comment is required- or how about a drop down date box?

5. report as non paying bidder button. exactly the same error message comes up- wants details. What details??. when i do try to 'add some details' it tells me i cant report as a non paying bidder until i've sent three reminders! Actually i've already sent more than 3 reminders via my own email- but there is no way to reflect this.

6. Apparently only one payment reminder can be sent every 24 hours. Looks like i'll be busy sending reminders for the next 3 days then It would have been helpful if we'd been warned about this so we could make sure any older cases were fully marked up as non payers .

I'll be testing out a few more of the options later this evening so i'll post again later

All-About rainbowcraft
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by val4xx
    is required- or how about a drop down date box?

5. report as non paying bidder button. exactly the same error message comes up- wants details. What details??. when i do try to 'add some details' it tells me i cant report as a non paying bidder until i've sent three reminders! Actually i've already sent more than 3 reminders via my own email- but there is no way to reflect this.

3 reminders is too many. I'd give it TWO, tops.

The buyer gets:

EOA notice
    Invoice from Seller

Then, if they are a NPB, they should get:

Payment reminder (only allowed after X days)
    Final payment reminder (allowed after a further X days)
    NPB strike (report allowed after a further X days)

That means the buyer has FOUR chances to pay/make arrangements with seller before being reported. Also, you could allow the system to send further OPTIONAL reminders at the seller's discretion. Forcing more than 2 onto sellers (eBay only have the ONE, and that's when you file a dispute) lengthens the process and ties stock up in an otherwise *dead* transaction.

A NPB will still be a NPB whether you remind them once or 10 times.

All-About rainbowcraft
    Forum Posts

I don't see any option to send an invoice (or combine purchases) through eBid, or any eBid checkout system.

Wasn't this talked about for V3?

All-About HannaHolly
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by val4xx
    Hello

First snag to report is that EBID went down without warning- and no temporary page was put in place to announce maintainance. If the site is being taken down again could you please make sure some kind of temp page is available.

I've discovered some nice things, there's room for some more but hopefully they're on their way

Snags

1. Just clicked the 'send payment reminder' box in AAL area-and I have no idea if anything happened? can we have a 'done' message or something similar displayed

2.There is no option to 'mark as unpaid' - in this case an unverified buyer has tried to pay via pppay - but failed. I do not accept pppay payments from unverified users so i want to mark it unpaid.

3. on another auction I am trying to 'mark as paid' but am getting a message that the system wants 'details'. Can we remove this requirement for sellers please, it's ok to be there for those that want to make payment notes- but for volume sellers it's just taking up time

4. The 'mark as shipped' box is also producing an error message wanting the seller to enter details. can this be changed so that no comment is required- or how about a drop down date box?

6. Apparently only one payment reminder can be sent every 24 hours. Looks like i'll be busy sending reminders for the next 3 days then It would have been helpful if we'd been warned about this so we could make sure any older cases were fully marked up as non payers .

I'll be testing out a few more of the options later this evening so i'll post again later
    I now have 15 emails from ebid titled 'payment details entered- thats 15 too many! please switch this off

Another snag
    7. Earlier today (pre V3) i edited an auctioin to add a photo and selected the 'gallery' option

http://uk.three.ebid.net/perl/auctio...7-0&mo=auction

I've just spotted in the EBID 'my money' area that I have been charged a featured fee for this- i'll email support separately for a refund. I've tried to edit the auction to ensure no further 'featured' fees are taken on auto repost- but the edit screen comes up as 'normal auction edit' and does not show me the screen where i selected 'gallery'. Also I've noticed thet my auction is not showing in my EBID store- the drop down 'ebid store cateogy' box shows no categories to select. ( i have 30 categories).

i'll be back later with more snags no doubt!

All-About HannaHolly
    Forum Posts

8. My defaults. EBID store category drop down menu showing blank- no categories available to select from so i am unable to try setting up a second default template

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lois1aney
    Hi
    I have same screen shots as #17 & juddering

Just been playing with my store, updating the colours and the "Update Store Details" within the store config section button is not working

However I do like:
    Adding sub catagories in my store
    Pink & Red (although this did make me sqint at first as forgot ebid was changing!!)
    Being able to report a non paying bidder

Anyone else found any good bits !!
    By juddering do you mean the screen is actually moving whilst you are not touching your mouse?

Just re-tested store details updating, all seems fine, can you give us more details. Ensure you are clicking the "Update Store Details" button to save your choices
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Thread Information