Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: May leave ebid as no one looks at auctions

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maggiesplace
    I find plenty of folk look, but no one ever buys - I'm going back to eBay to make some money!!
    I listed ten items on E-BAY during their most recent cheap listing day- and none of them sold- that was £1.00 wasted for me.
    I've now added the same tenm items to my EBID inventory and have sold two of them here in the past few days. the remaining eight can sit available for sale for as long as needed- and it won't cost me a penny.

Smile Re

Hi all

Thank you all for the comments and suggestions. Im going to stick with ebid anyway, & see what the newer version is like etc., as it is going to be up and running this friday night.

Its nice to know though that there are some friendly helpfull people out there.

I will just keep putting my auctions on, as ebay is a bit of a rip off.

Thanks again all

june junesjewells

Forum Newbie
    View KeepsakesGalore's Feedback (+6)
    All-About KeepsakesGalore
    View KeepsakesGalore's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi June.
    It's not just you that has few or no bidder's/buyer's.
    Even on ther other "bay" site thing's have gone quiet.
    But look at thing's like this, here it cost nothing to list.
    At the other place it would have cost a small fortune to list and relist. Load's of them are moving this way,
    bye

BOTTOM LINE:
    If your main source of income is from auction sales then yes you will have to stay on feebay and line their pockets with lots of money through fees. DO NOT come here and expect the same sales for no fees because its not going to happen. However if you are just selling for a little extra umm 'pocket money' then this is the site for you. It's slower but there are no fees to list and you can list as much as you want and get them auto reposted without any hassle.

To the next person moaning about how slow ebid is, i will set umm... (psst ebidders,whos the most scary person on the forums?) *insert name* on you....

Ann im curious, why do you ALWAYS put Regards, Ann. at the end of every post?

As for the humour mishap before, i agree it could have done with a smiley face or a lol or something because it sounded SOOOO serious and threatening

Quote Originally Posted by Petesmovies4auction
    BOTTOM LINE:
    If your main source of income is from auction sales then yes you will have to stay on feebay and line their pockets with lots of money through fees. DO NOT come here and expect the same sales for no fees because its not going to happen. However if you are just selling for a little extra umm 'pocket money' then this is the site for you. It's slower but there are no fees to list and you can list as much as you want and get them auto reposted without any hassle.

To the next person moaning about how slow ebid is, i will set umm... (psst ebidders,whos the most scary person on the forums?) *insert name* on you....

Ann im curious, why do you ALWAYS put Regards, Ann. at the end of every post?

As for the humour mishap before, i agree it could have done with a smiley face or a lol or something because it sounded SOOOO serious and threatening
    Hi,

Re: Regards, I guess i'm just polite. I also guess from your post that it's not necessary, so i'll just think it from now on & not write it, lol.

As for my previous post (humour) the content was silly enough to show that it was humour, i didn't think it needed any lol etc, surely nobody could be gullible enough to believe that they would be hung, drawn & quartered then eaten by vultures just for leaving ebid? Anyone believig that should be in a padded cell, lol. Besides G & M are far too busy with V3, they don't have the time to transport peeps to the desert, lol.
    Well, i do know that some peeps found it funny, long live a sense of humour.

My auctions, good prices, fair p&p.

Laughing is good exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by Anichka54
    Hi June, this is the post i was referring to, i just found it, i hope this clears up the confusion, it was just said in jest.

Hi, I'm sorry to have to be the one to tell you this but going back is strictly against policy & rules.
    Rule 17, section 4, subsection 35b, paragraph 15, strictly states.... Any established member of the ebid community found deserting & 'going back' will be hung, drawn & quartered. Furthermore, said person will then be transported to the desert to be eaten by vultures. However, it is permissable to visit 'the other side' to take advantage of cheap or free listing days but it is absolutely forbidden to leave permanently.

I hope you have found this information useful, i'd hate you to breach such an important rule, just because you were unaware of it.

Regards, Ann.

I loved the humor. I've been here since November of last year with no sales yet, but like I've written elsewhere, I absolutely love the new look. Sales have been bad all over. I'm on many other sites and I absolutely refuse to go back to eBay. I'm waiting for people that I buy from on eBay to leave eBay -- yes, we definitely need more of that.

Life in these United States, as elsewhere, have been very, very tough lately and I think it's reflected in lack of sales. I have a lot of friends on eBay and since May of last year -- after a very good year the year before -- it has been tough -- very tough, including the holidays.

I've also seen increased eBid advertising in my travels online, and then there's the new look, and I'm really impressed with admin here, too. There's a lot of eBay alternates out there and the ones I hang with all have good and active administrators who are motivated to succeed.

Meanwhile, I'm also a buyer and I'd be buying a lot here if I could. But we are going through an extremely bad time at the moment, so ... wow, what a vicious circle.

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by Pipphoe
    I loved the humor. I've been here since November of last year with no sales yet, but like I've written elsewhere, I absolutely love the new look. Sales have been bad all over. I'm on many other sites and I absolutely refuse to go back to eBay. I'm waiting for people that I buy from on eBay to leave eBay -- yes, we definitely need more of that.

Life in these United States, as elsewhere, have been very, very tough lately and I think it's reflected in lack of sales. I have a lot of friends on eBay and since May of last year -- after a very good year the year before -- it has been tough -- very tough, including the holidays.

I've also seen increased eBid advertising in my travels online, and then there's the new look, and I'm really impressed with admin here, too. There's a lot of eBay alternates out there and the ones I hang with all have good and active administrators who are motivated to succeed.

Meanwhile, I'm also a buyer and I'd be buying a lot here if I could. But we are going through an extremely bad time at the moment, so ... wow, what a vicious circle.

Regards,
    Hi,

Thanks Cathy, i'm glad you enjoyed it.

I also like the new look & am very impressed with admin.

It's nice to hear about the advertising you've come across, the more the better.

I wish you every success with your auctions.

For me, this is just a hobby, so the sales or lack of doesn't really matter much, obviously it's nice when items do sell.

All the best, Ann.

My auctions, good prices, fair p&p.

Laughing is good exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by Anichka54
    surely nobody could be gullible enough to believe that they would be hung, drawn & quartered then eaten by vultures just for leaving ebid?

As soon as I read the words "Rule 17, section 4, subsection 35b, paragraph 15, strictly states.... " I recognised it as a joke, and when I got to "hung, drawn & quartered" I sniggered with mirth. It really does not need any smilies or lols to identify it as a joke. Here's to you, Ann!

Anichka: like many i found it amusing and sat here reading and giggling to myself, as to those who have made negative comments this is due to 1 of 2 reasons 1: they have no sense of humour or 2: there is sadly a small group of posters who seem to take great pleasure in trying {and failing abysmally may i add } to belittle people who post , as to your signing off "Regards Ann" if you wish to as such that is your choice and NO-ONE on these boards can tell you otherwise.
    Regards,
    Jeannie.

Why is it that when some people are faced by even the smallest hurdle they just want to throw in the towel and run home to mummy?

Here's a life lesson for potential sellers: if no one is looking AT your stuff it's because no one is looking FOR your stuff. SELL SOMETHING ELSE!

Just change what you do and find something that people ARE looking for and don't try selling the same thing as everyone else unless you can do it better or cheaper. Alternatively go looking for things that people want and use every day but no one else is currently selling here.

Once you've found your product or range of products, get out there and advertise it/them. Stick links in your sig, your emails and, if you have one, on your website too. Don't expect to do a few minutes work and then be able to sit back and watch hundreds of sales come through because that ain't how it works.

But whatever else you do, stick at it and give it a proper go. Considering that this site offers free listings, there's absolutely no excuse to give up early.

Thread Information