Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: May leave ebid as no one looks at auctions

Quote Originally Posted by ropegg
    Hi Duncan,
    Welcome to eBid ----

I agree, just list and wait and it will happen. I have sold a few things on here but I have listed quite a few things on here because I could list them and have them there to find.

While you are waiting you can sit back drink a spot of tea (maybe Valerian) and enjoy watching others push buttons. Seems like sometimes they are pushing the right buttons, sometimes the wrong buttons and sometimes they are trying to figure out which buttons and how to push them.

Anyway glad you are here and good luck with your sales.
    Pmsl, enjoy your valerian lol

My auctions, good prices, fair p&p.

Laughing is good exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Default how do you know who's looking?

you all say sit back and wait and watch, but how do you know if anyone is online looking? the visits seem very low, and the bid system is unclear. loads of items dont seem to have any bids at al. how long has the site been going? can you view how many people visit the site per/day.

Hi all,

Just thought I'd stick my tuppence-worth in...

For those of us that have come from feeBay, how many have told our customers that's where we've gone? and lowered our prices slightly to reflect the lower costs? A comp slip in a feeBay package detailing lower prices, same products, same service would make a lot of people take a gander, I know my customers have!!

DONT sit back, wait, and watch, like any shop you have to entice people in...

The Sap Dragon xxx

Forum Diehard
    All-About mfkirke
    View mfkirke's Listings
    Forum Posts

Jayneybear, you've two items listed and zero feedback - Firstly, do you like buying from a newbie seller? No, you don't. So buy something.. (doesn't have to be from me...)

Ebid is slower than ebay BUT it costs much less - almost nothing mostly and many of us are working like blazes to make it better - G&M keep upgrading and changing it. Other sellers are busy telling their customers to come over here, as Soapy has said. For myself, I have listed far more of my stock here than on ebay so that when my customers come here they will find more of what they are used to buying from me over there. I haven't finished that task yet either.

When I first started on ebay, it seemed you could sell anything. Hardly any items went through unsold. This is no longer true and the increased costs for Shop Inventory have made it necessary to find another outlet. I was planning my own website but for the moment I'm concentrating on here. If you want to put some work in, then welcome.. we are busy buying from each other, emailing sellers we buy from on ebay to ask them to list here (especially those who sell the things we need to run our businesses) and you can join in. But it isn't a free lunch!
    Madelaine

I have two ebid stores. This is for Cats Protection;Lots of beanies, fast food toys, random collectables, some new children's clothes - almost anything really.
    this is business and sells skeleton leaves, Thai silk, various vintage postcards, more random collectables
    Both sell discontinued china tableware.

I've done my bit and bought more items from a new seller today
    http://i1.tinypic.com/n6540n.gif

Please visit my eBid shop:
    SmallThings

Forum Newbie
    View gib136's Feedback (+2513)
    All-About gib136
    View gib136's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've bought 3 things so far... and yesterday I sold my first DVD.... wooooooohooooooooo!!!

Just let all your Ebay customers know about this place, eventually they will come.

I'd closed it, but I've actually re-opened my Ebay shop, and I'm going to use every Ebay sale to let that customer know they can buy from me on Ebid cheaper.

Nothing to lose by listing here, and everything to gain
    Please click on the pic to visit my DVD store

Forum Newbie
    View elvencards's Feedback (+15)
    All-About elvencards
    View elvencards's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gib136 View Post
    Just let all your Ebay customers know about this place, eventually they will come.

Nothing to lose by listing here, and everything to gain
    completely agree,
    I tried here 2 years ago, but had no joy so stopped - big mistake!
    won't leave this time, even if nothing sells for a long while, it's no problem to keep things listed ( 180/100 days with easy relisting ), buyer numbers will increase .... eventually, so it's important to have items listed when they finally do.
    Still trying to get to grips with the site, having to learn all over again, and like most everyone else I'll do my bit when able, to bring potential buyers with emails and links for existing customers etc.

zero feedback is not a problem, most ebid newbies with '0' here will have a ebay history - simply provide a link

Forum Diehard
    All-About mfkirke
    View mfkirke's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by elvencards View Post
    zero feedback is not a problem, most ebid newbies with '0' here will have a ebay history - simply provide a link
    But anyone could claim an ebay history and link to any ebay id.. you do need to buy a few bits too. (anyway, those of us who are already here will be more inclined to buy from you if you have bought from someone)
    Madelaine

I have two ebid stores. This is for Cats Protection;Lots of beanies, fast food toys, random collectables, some new children's clothes - almost anything really.
    this is business and sells skeleton leaves, Thai silk, various vintage postcards, more random collectables

Forum Newbie
    View elvencards's Feedback (+15)
    All-About elvencards
    View elvencards's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mfkirke View Post
    But anyone could claim an ebay history and link to any ebay id.. you do need to buy a few bits too. (anyway, those of us who are already here will be more inclined to buy from you if you have bought from someone)
    true, but contacting the 'ebayer' to confirm that he is the seller on ebid too is an easy precaution to take.

sadly getting a few positive remarks as a buyer is no assurance for 'other' buyers - it's an old ploy used on ebay by fraudsters - get some feedback with cheap buys, then sell items and rip people off!
    I don't know if it happens here much - if not yet, it will, if things start to sell that is - I mean 'WHEN' they sell, must be optimistic ...

Forum Diehard
    All-About mfkirke
    View mfkirke's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by elvencards View Post
    sadly getting a few positive remarks as a buyer is no assurance for 'other' buyers - it's an old ploy used on ebay by fraudsters - get some feedback with cheap buys, then sell items and rip people off!
    I don't know if it happens here much - if not yet, it will, if things start to sell that is - I mean 'WHEN' they sell, must be optimistic ...
    well, I suppose it saves you the bother of showing a bit of goodwill by buying something <grin>
    Madelaine

Thread Information