eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where do you get your boxes for shipment?

Forum Master
    View sofiag1964's Feedback (+456)
    All-About sofiag1964
    View sofiag1964's Listings
    Forum Posts

Talking Where do you get your boxes for shipment?

Hello,

I have a few figurines and have been looking for inexpensive boxes for shipment. I've looked on this site and others but I would appreciate some advice.

Thanks in advance,

islandgirl

Try any of your local shops they usually have boxe's of all shapes and sizes. Shoe shops are quite good for finding them. I have shipped glass and ceramic items all over the world and never used a new box yet all secondhand. As long as items are well packed they should not sustain any damage. Hope this is of some help.

Hi, If shoeboxes are the wrong size & supermarkets only have large boxes, try somewhere like a chemist, they would have all sizes & would probably be happy to let you have them.

My auctions, good prices, fair p&p.

Laughing is good exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Forum Master
    View sofiag1964's Feedback (+456)
    All-About sofiag1964
    View sofiag1964's Listings
    Forum Posts

hello all, thanks for your advice... i did the local shops thingy. never thought of asking a chemist.. i found the boxes i was looking for on feebay. i will get them from there.

thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by islandgirl
    hello all, thanks for your advice... i did the local shops thingy. never thought of asking a chemist.. i found the boxes i was looking for on feebay. i will get them from there.

thanks guys
    Hi,

You're welcome, i'm glad you found some.
    Regards, Ann.

My auctions, good prices, fair p&p.

Laughing is good exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

I would suggest a nice little place called svp communications. They do 2 sizes and the padded envelopes are cheap too. Google them for the website address. Worth signing up for the newsletter too as they do special postage discount weekends where shipping is 99p on orders over £30. That is easily broken with a couple of boxes of padded envelopes, printer ink, labels etc.

I have used them for 5 years for work and personal and recommend them. Rarely had problems. (No, I don't work for them or get a discount lol).

Default Boxes Galore!

Hi-

I'm not sure where everyone originates from, but I, in USA go to Walmart.

Not sure if Walmart is only in USA but they stock late at night, everynight. They have TONS of boxes and are glad to let you take them.

Since they carry everything, they have all sizes.

Smile boxes

Try a company called Speedypackaging (they sell on ebay but tryig to turn them to come here like me). 01636 525052 Great Boxes cheap price I use them all the time for the large amount of china I sell

You can also make your own out of old boxes if they're too big.

Open them out, put new score lines in, cut off excess and re-fold.

I've made loads of boxes for books like that out of A4 paper boxes and lids (the lids make lovely little boxes that would be good for small ornaments - I get lots of 9 Ladybird books in them).

Shops are very grateful to have their boxes taken away, they're almost all awash with them and have to pay to get rid of them. If you want free bubble wrap, visit your local supermarket - the fruit boxes come lined with it and they have loads of it being thrown away, they're normally happy to have it taken away too, all my supply comes free.

Has anyone else noticed that this thread is over two years old?

Thread Information