Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: "DIY" clothing and jewellery...anyone else selling alternative fashions???

Default "DIY" clothing and jewellery...anyone else selling alternative fashions???

Hi!

I'm a newbie, just joined! :-) Helloooo fellow craftsters! I like sewing clothes and making jewellery! Thing is, I especially like to make stuff of the alternative persuasion, like indie, emo and rockabilly fashions. On other sites I always list using those kind of keywords, as well as "DIY". Does "DIY", as in clothing and jewellry, exist as a culture here, or is it given another name? If anyone has had success selling alternative and handmade fashions or jewellery on here, I would love to hear from them!!! :-)

Anyway, great to meet you all! :-)

View minkyrra's Feedback (+1752)
    All-About minkyrra
    View minkyrra's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by missbiscuit
    Hi!

I'm a newbie, just joined! :-) Helloooo fellow craftsters! I like sewing clothes and making jewellery! Thing is, I especially like to make stuff of the alternative persuasion, like indie, emo and rockabilly fashions. On other sites I always list using those kind of keywords, as well as "DIY". Does "DIY", as in clothing and j
    ewellry, exist as a culture here, or is it given another name? If anyone has had success selling alternative and handmade fashions or jewellery on here, I would love to hear from them!!! :-)

Anyway, great to meet you all! :-)
    hi there!

welcome to ebid!

i havent seen any alternative fashions on here, but i guess we all have our own views on whats alternative

if you want a new section set up, take a peep in the support forums, make a suggestion there

i havent seen anything on ebid called DIY with regards to fashion, well except a few tool belts but i guess thats not what you mean - although with the right accessories....

however, ebid is a growing site, so include those terms in your titles or auctions

there probably are people searching using the terms you have mentioned and going away empty handed

if the culture doesnt exist here then make it exist

you can be queen diy-er of ebid

good luck with your auctions, remember to plug them in the promote your auctions section and pop a link into your signature

i for one will be interested in having a look at what you do

best wishes

bel

Nakhon Ratchasima Thailand (Not Singapore), Singapore, United Kingdom
    View gazlannathai's Feedback (+796)
    All-About gazlannathai
    View gazlannathai's Listings
    Forum Posts

AHEM !!!!! Minky

(polite cough)

(sigh)

..... they forget so easily nowadays don't they? Must be all the aluminium pans they cook in, in the modern world.

View minkyrra's Feedback (+1752)
    All-About minkyrra
    View minkyrra's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazlannathai
    AHEM !!!!! Minky

(polite cough)

(sigh)

..... they forget so easily nowadays don't they? Must be all the aluminium pans they cook in, in the modern world.

like indie, emo and rockabilly fashions.

i really never knew you were into those kinds of fashions and accessories garry

my comments were about alternative fashions and jewellery

loads of people on ebid list handmade jewellery and quite a few make a success of it

and as far as i know, alternative handmade stuff doesnt tend to get listed here with diy as title

....or so i thought

Quote Originally Posted by gazlannathai
    .... they forget so easily nowadays don't they? Must be all the aluminium pans they cook in, in the modern world.
    Stainless steel, if you dont mind Aluminium makes the food taste carp

Cool I am a DIYer too!

I just joined up here today, wanted to see if I could sell stuff in other venues rather than just you know who's site! I have had some moderate success there, but I figured there must be more out there!

I love to revamp t-shirts into different tops and dresses too. I also love just taking items of clothing and completely redoing them or just embellishing them, as well as making stuff from scratch.

I also crochet and knit too, and would love to see more original DIY revamped stuff on this auction site! I am interested in doing stuff for doggies too, since my daughter's puppy is such and adorable model!

Would love to hear from fellow DIYers here!

Kim

Hi there!

Welcome to eBid! I really hope you enjoy it, I certainly do!!

I handmake Soaps, Bathbombs and loads of other gorgeous Bathy bits. I used to love personalising my own clothing- embellishing, deconstructing, you name it. Sadly my little sewing machine gave up the ghost yonks ago and I've not done anything since.

I am seriously considering making bags again, do you think anyone would be interested in that?

The Soap Dragon xxx

Thread Information