My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: First Edition Books

Default First Edition Books

I am brand new to ebid and am interested in buying and selling new edition books. However, your book section appears to be a mixture of all types of books. Would it not be better to separate them. Incidentally, the book section appears unused. I could find only 1 bidder this morning and I trawled through quite a few pages. Thanks for your time !

Nakhon Ratchasima Thailand (Not Singapore), Singapore, United Kingdom
    View gazlannathai's Feedback (+796)
    All-About gazlannathai
    View gazlannathai's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi and welcome

Too many sellers on here use Buy Now pricing (because it's fee to use) and that instantly closes each auction that gets a Buy Now bid - thus only the true AUCTION sellers will have listings showing bids.

Unfortunately this also rubs off on the buyers as they start ignoring auctions without a Buy Now price.

Probably best to think of eBid as a classified adverts site with attached forums pretending to be an auction site.

I have long maintained that only auction-only listings should be free and that Buy Now is an option that should have a nominal charge - even if it's only one penny.

Visible bids attract more bids, and the over-use of Buy Now is suppressing activity on the site, as well as hiding the real activity levels.

Smile First Editions

I agree - The excitement is in the bidding - As a relatively new site you will learn as you go along. However, I am impressed with the overall set up - you have quite a few positives over e-bay and I am sure this will augur well for your future!

Default Buy now

Quote Originally Posted by gazlannathai
    Hi and welcome

Too many sellers on here use Buy Now pricing (because it's fee to use) and that instantly closes each auction that gets a Buy Now bid - thus only the true AUCTION sellers will have listings showing bids.

Unfortunately this also rubs off on the buyers as they start ignoring auctions without a Buy Now price.

Probably best to think of eBid as a classified adverts site with attached forums pretending to be an auction site.

I have long maintained that only auction-only listings should be free and that Buy Now is an option that should have a nominal charge - even if it's only one penny.

Visible bids attract more bids, and the over-use of Buy Now is suppressing activity on the site, as well as hiding the real activity levels.

Hi,

I have a few buy now auctions & i hadn't thought about your way of looking at this, my auctions sit there for weeks on end with no bids, then occasionally someone comes along & buys it on buy now, i think i've sold 2 items in this way (out of well over a hundred auctions listed). On the other side of the coin if someone bids, the buy now option goes, so it seems fair enough to me.
    I see people selling things with really high p&p, this is what gets my goat, not buy now, but my real pet hate is reserve price auctions, this is what i find to be totally & utterly dishonest, what is the point of them other than to hide the price that you actually want for the item? if a listing is £1, & is something i'm interested in, i open the auction only to find it is 'reserve not met', what a waste of my time. If you are still interested in the item you have to bid again & again, often still not meeting the reserve. NONE of my auctions ever have a reserve price, the price offered is the price i want, if it goes above that, it's a bonus. Please ebid get rid of reserve auctions. Ok that's my little moan, have a good day everyone.
    Regards, Ann.

Thread Information