Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Jetway v4dp motherboard - problem?

Default Jetway v4dp motherboard - problem?

I have this socket A motherboard, but was bought off feepay and there is no manual with it. Now I can't get my pc to work, no POST, can't get into BIOS

using my kids pc, I thought i'd d/load the manual from jetway site, no good, as this is one board that they don't have the manual for.
    I did manage to d/load a japanese version of the manual, I went through a translation site and translated as best as i could, it's still very vague though.

I have asked advice on other sites, and was basically told to reset the CMOS, tried that but it didn't work.
    I was then told to remove the battery for a while as this will reset the cmos, but still no POST.

one of the cpu jumpers was missing and was loose in the case, so I must have knocked it out when changing my RAM. I reinserted as shown on the pic on the manual. still no good.

I don't know if I have fried my mobo or if my cpu is kaput. (AMD seperon 2800)
    the 3 lights on my keyboard flash when I switch on, my cpu fan is running fine, can hear the hdd spin too, but I have no display, just a blank screen with amber light on monitor, initially green then goes straight to amber. (I have checked my system on another monitor and it isn't the monitor thats the problem as it doesn't work on that monitor either) all connections have been checked & rechecked, have onboard graphics, but have tried a seperate graphics card too, problem is though that I cannot access the bios to turn off onboard graphics.
    when i switch on, I get the one long beep (memory beep), I have checked my RAM stick, no problem in another machine. I have tried other RAM too (a 256mb & a 128mb) no dust or other particles in the memory slot on my jetway board either.

so my problem is, do I get a new mobo or cpu as I have a feeling that it's one or the other
    if the keyboard lights flash / fans work / hdd spins, then does this mean my mobo is ok so the prob is my cpu or does the fact that the cpu fan work means that my cpu is working and the prob is my mobo.

any ideas anyone?

Hi Inchy,

apologies if you've already tried this, but your memory will have to be a PC2700 with a Sempron - PC2100 will normally not work, and will produce an error.

I've dug out an English manual for a V4MDMP - as far as I can tell it's a similar board but with an onboard NIC. Let me know if want a copy and I'll email it to you. Pic from the manual is attached.

If you still don't get anywhere, try a post on the forums at www.motherboards.org.

Hope this helps,

Kev.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

thank you both for replying

kev, i have two 512mb ram sticks, one is a PC2100 the other a PC3200 ( the latter being the one in my machine)
    i haven't put both in the machine together cos i was told that wouldn't work
    i attempted to reset the cmos, but don't know if i succeeded because i still can't get into bios and still have the blank screen/amber light
    think i need to know how to set up this mobo from scratch, then maybe i'll find out if i have fried it or not.
    my mobo is different to the pic you posted, but if they both work the same technically then maybe the manual for the V4MDMP will help, looks like toilet has given me the link for the manual that you have so i'll go have a look. thank you for your advice.

many thanks for the links toilet, will take a look now.

Thread Information