eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Great Site Gazza And Mark Although.....

View TaraCM's Feedback (+410)
    All-About TaraCM
    View TaraCM's Listings
    Forum Posts

Andrew might have something to do with using other peoples pictures? You bid and win items then resell them..... not that there is anything wrong with that.... but some1 might of complained

All-About TaraCM
    View TaraCM's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rainbowcraft
    why have you been banned?
    lol, read his threads..... he doesn't know
    Last edited by TaraCM; 4th February 2006 at 11:13 PM. Reason: did'nt make sense

Battersea, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View rainbowcraft's Feedback (+2067)
    All-About rainbowcraft
    View rainbowcraft's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TaraCM
    lol, read his threads..... i he doesn't know

LOL - I'm as confused as he is

re the pics: he said he got permission....but as I can't view any of his old auctions or FB (you need to change that back, gazza!), I can't advise until he comes back and elaborates....

All-About TaraCM
    View TaraCM's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rainbowcraft
    LOL - I'm as confused as he is

re the pics: he said he got permission....but as I can't view any of his old auctions or FB (you need to change that back, gazza!), I can't advise until he comes back and elaborates....
    Gotcha!
    The whole not being able to see users feedback when they are suspended is daft, as you can suspended for numerous things! It also doesn't look good if you are a seller

hi there i have been banned because i was using another persons photos in which i did actuallt have permission

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

I get the impression we have someone going around using the 'report this auction' button for cases where people are using someone elses photos or descriptions. Technically this is infringing the originators copywrite (intellectual property) unless the originator has given consent.
    However i think some comon sence needs to come into play here.
    If the original owner of the photograph/written description makes the complaint- and can prove ownership- then there is a case for suspention

If the whole auction is clearly copied from another site- and there is evidence the other site seller is not the same person as the EBID seller- again I see a case for suspention.

But for lesser alleged infringements- I don't like the idea that trigger happy ebidders have the power to mess up someones auctions but hitting 'report this' buttons. I am not 100% sure this is what has happened here (and on a similar thread posted today) but It does seem to be that way.

Gazza I'd be very happy to be wrong here. Please tell me that the 'report this auction' notifications are all reviewed prior to anyone hitting the suspend button?

Andrew- I think gazza was asking you to email support@ebid.tv re your account. email support & ask what the issue is?

hi thanks alot all for your responses i have been permanently banned now which i think is riduclulas as i have customers waiting for there purchases

All-About TaraCM
    View TaraCM's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by andrewy3319
    hi thanks alot all for your responses i have been permanently banned now which i think is riduclulas as i have customers waiting for there purchases
    Did you have permission from all sellers then..... IE regarding their photos?
    If so, maybe you should contact the sellers and get them to write you an email stating it was ok, and forward to support. As i cant see support 'permanently' suspending you, if you had the go-ahead....

All-About rainbowcraft
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by andrewy3319
    hi there i have been banned because i was using another persons photos in which i did actuallt have permission
    SO why would that seller report you if you had permission?

Can you post some links to recent sales please? (you will be able to get these from the eBid confirmation emails).

All-About rainbowcraft
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TaraCM
    Did you have permission from all sellers then..... IE regarding their photos?
    If so, maybe you should contact the sellers and get them to write you an email stating it was ok, and forward to support. As i cant see support 'permanently' suspending you, if you had the go-ahead....

Exactly.

One of the sellers MUST have reported Andrew, it couldn't have been a general browser, cos how would they know if a photo has/hasn't been stolen?

Thread Information