eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021

Thread: Extreme Breastfeeding....When SHOULD you stop? (C4 9pm Wed)

Quote Originally Posted by islandgirl
    wow, your 16 year old is a busy little mama!!!

Connexions wasn't very helpful with my son at all. They've never even followed up with him or anything... {I'm making a phone call to them today btw}. He's black and the guy at connexions wanted my son to see someone who specializes in ethnicity. I thought it was a good idea but when they looked for jobs for him and my son or they couldn't find any, they never bothered to return his call or mine.

Connexions is an excellent program and I think it's the people {who is also black} would only do so much with them. They have let my son down the past couple of years... so on the positive note; my son is now 18 and the experience has only strengthened him {like his mom } and he knows in himself that he can acheived anything no matter what anyone else says or thinks and no matter where he's come from due to the fact he knows where he's going.. and that's up!!

What I'm happy about is that kids like your daughter, have benefited from connexions and she is a very independent young lady with morals and a good head on her shoulders. Good for her!!

btw... which church does the youth group belong to? i'm curious
    Im sorry to hear you and your son have had bad experiences with connexions. Their youth programme work is fairly new and i guess they are learning as they go.
    She came 2nd out of about 100 odd people who went for the position. She was 15 at the time, an asian girl came 1st and a disabled lad came 3rd , so i do think they where TRYING to make it a mixed group ? But dont quote me.

Recently she went to Liverpool with their outreach youth group from the connexions team , as part of a black history learning month. She said some of the things she saw, heard about where very upsetting but that it was a great learning opertunity and a brilliant city to visit. So i dont know why you dont have things like that in your area. Where are you btw ? I shall deff tell her when she comes home tomorow, if you like ? and she can get it mentioned at their next board meeting.

ps : she goes to the christian renewal center.

Forum Master
    View sofiag1964's Feedback (+456)
    All-About sofiag1964
    View sofiag1964's Listings
    Forum Posts

i will send you a private message if you don't mind

I'm glad there's a center where the kids are free to go and enjoy themselves. Being a Christian myself, there isn't a lot going on for any kids other than hanging around shops and bus stops/streets and such {harmless for the most part-except the ones who make it harder for the kids who aren't getting into trouble}. There are many youth centres here in the northeast but for some reason, it's not attracting most kids. For the most part, these youth centres are doing their best.... I have to hand it to them; it's hard work {I use to work in one of them-very gratifying}.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele
    If you read the thread you'll see my comments on the matter have already been posted.

I would like to see the write-up of the medical research where it says that. So far no-one else - and that includes numerous websites I've visited for research - has been able to offer any medical reason why there should be a cut off point. Please show me the source so I can check this.

Having seen the research you say proves this point, I would then be in a position to forward it to the World Health Organisation as I'm sure they'd just love to be told that their official policy and recommendations are incorrect.

So when you wrote:

you really meant something different?

Now I don't want you to think that I am having a go at you here or saying that you can't have your own views. What I am after is provable facts and so far all I have seen on this thread is people's own opinions with nothing medically provable to back them up.

Hi damian, i read many different medical journals and the whole 'breast is best' issue is currently and probably always going to be under scrutiny.

I am going to have a look through my midwifery jounals and see if i can pinpoint the exact source where i read this information, and will post it here when i find it.

I know i knind of contradicted my self after reading the threads i have posted - it is kinda difficult to get you points across in a forum, and i never said they are going to introduce a cut-off point , i meant its my opinion that it should be introduced as breast feeding older children (in my opinion) could cause issues ie: psychological or even a child being bullied if peers found out.

I am all for personal choice and as i am about to embark on a career as a healthcare proffesssional i will have to keep my opinions in check.

Anway i am rambling now so im gonna shut up (lol) When i find the article I will post it here.
    you can NEVER have too many pairs of shoes...

₪ ø lll ·o.

Happiness Is Like Strawberry Jam, You Can't Spread Even A Little Bit Of It, Without Getting Some On Yourself!

Very interesting reading from a year ago!

Thread Information