eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EBID will crush EBAY thanks Mark and Gary!!!

Hi, I can't wait to see the new look ebid. I have now completely stopped using ebay. As I think you are being ripped off by charges. I use ebid all the time as its affordable. & at least you can get your items on the front page that does'nt cost your weeks wage near enough. I also support ebid 100% . I have had some good bargains as well, without being over the top on postage prices. Good Luck Ebid.

June
    JMC CREATIONS (for hand made cards & jewellery)

I was on feebay and have 475 possitive feedbacks there with a 98.8 percent possitive.I just switched due to their greedyness and abuse of thier patrons.Never had any problems but I never used paypal..I only use Cashiers checks or money orders.As with anywhere in this world you just have to use common sense on completing transactions and you will be ok..This site"Ebid" is so much better!!! I love it

View thisnthatz's Feedback (+31)
    All-About thisnthatz
    View thisnthatz's Listings
    Forum Posts

I didn't use feebay for that very reason. It was eating away at my profit margin. I've managed to reduce my prices here and in some circumstances able to offer free postage on selected items. Although in the very near future I hope to offer free postage on all my items. And I can still be cheaper than the shops.

I only accept checks, cash or Postal Orders. Even Paypal is expensive now.

Sorry was that an advert

View TaraCM's Feedback (+410)
    All-About TaraCM
    View TaraCM's Listings
    Forum Posts

There is a place to plug your auctions

View gizmoshere's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gizmoshere
    View gizmoshere's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ok my first post:
    Reading back on this thread, I began to wonder why oh why is ebay so darn big!

The answer? Well you tell me.

I have been a member on ebid for some time now and recently came back as now have my own website etc.

My view is this. Can ebid not promote, promote & Promote a tv ad campaign? yes I can imagine the cost, but wouldn't that be an investment cost put to good use.
    Competition is good, but competion needs to show it has the users here to buy, at the end of the day it's very easy to list items but we need the buyers! (More items that sell the more people will list). to give people faith in ebid.

Another thing we all know how slow ebay can get at times, dam annoying.

The worlds a big place, the market is big enough for users to realise ebay is not the best place to sell.

In short I hope to see ebid take a bigger share.
    I for one promote it as much as I can.

One last thing would ebay let ebid have a reduction on advertising space over at there site! lol

Keep spreading the word and listing things on here..The more items on here the better..I'm planning on loading many new auctions over time..I can afford to here when you cant afford to on feebay..If the sellers come here the buyers will follow.Feebay does not have near what it used to on thier site because the average person cant afford to list there anymore. KEEP PLUGGIN EBID!!!

Hi all
    I found this site after becomming totally dismayed at feebay......Looking around the forums, seems most people have, we have learned our lessons! Beauty and attraction of this is.....its so friendly and honest.The bigger feebay grew, the less it become out of touch with the people who supported it in the first place! Lets keep Ebid as it is.I love it!

Hi Girlfromuk and everyone else, welcome to ebid, i myself am from the other side ), getting a little sick of the high fees. This week i ended up with 5p left from one of my auctions after ebay and paypal had taken their stake out, it sold cheap only a crochet hook they got 45p i got 5p, on ebid it would be the other way round and with a gallery picture thrown in. So now here I am ready to start listing 100s of items on ebid and not even bothered that I am a ebay power seller and will loose it, its money i want not a medal.

Quote Originally Posted by abracadabra
    Hi Girlfromuk and everyone else, welcome to ebid, i myself am from the other side ), getting a little sick of the high fees. This week i ended up with 5p left from one of my auctions after ebay and paypal had taken their stake out, it sold cheap only a crochet hook they got 45p i got 5p, on ebid it would be the other way round and with a gallery picture thrown in. So now here I am ready to start listing 100s of items on ebid and not even bothered that I am a ebay power seller and will loose it, its money i want not a medal.
    Honey! we are all behind you....good luck and i`ll check in your auctions!

happy selling!
    xxx

View TaraCM's Feedback (+410)
    All-About TaraCM
    View TaraCM's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by abracadabra
    Hiya Abracadabra (i have a shop called that near me )
    Why not post a thread on 'plug your auctions' stating what you sell and a link to your auctions also maybe a little pic you can also post a link in your forum signature (go to 'USER CP', top left, and 'EDIT SIGNATURE' then copy and paste your auction/store link)

Thread Information