My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: lladro

Talking lladro

love these figures....although on another site there are pages and pages.....none here.....no-one got any collecting dust by any chance?

Forum Diehard
    View QCPOTS's Feedback (+52)
    All-About QCPOTS
    View QCPOTS's Listings
    Forum Posts

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by collectorkane View Post
    love these figures....although on another site there are pages and pages.....none here.....no-one got any collecting dust by any chance?
    Hi, do you also like the NAO figurines, made by Lladro,
    I have a couple that may be made available,

is there any pieces you are looking for,

Dont think collector kane is a bidder here anymore Not sure what happened to her - she was a good buyer then suddenly stopped paying for things

Lisa :0)
    Lisa

Feedback left when payment received
    FREE POST ON ALL ORDERS

Free Pack of UK Wildflower seeds sent with every order throughout 2023

-------------------------------------------------------
    A smile is a curve that can set things straight!

Barnsley, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View DaisyChain's Feedback (+76)
    All-About DaisyChain
    View DaisyChain's Listings
    Forum Posts

A cheaper alternative to Lladro/Nao are the fantastic figures offered by other spanish porcelain companies like casades.

In fact i happen to have a casades figure in my ebid store

now some could say this is a shameless plug, well they are right........

but it is a fantastic figurine in the style of NAO/Lladro
    Click here to see my items for Sale!
    Amiga, Mega Drive, Playstation Games and More!

Forum Diehard
    All-About QCPOTS
    View QCPOTS's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by manstomar View Post
    A cheaper alternative to Lladro/Nao are the fantastic figures offered by other spanish porcelain companies like casades.

In fact i happen to have a casades figure in my ebid store

now some could say this is a shameless plug, well they are right........

but it is a fantastic figurine in the style of NAO/Lladro
    Hi manstomar, I also have one or two of casades figurines
    they did get listed on Eb?y without getting bids,
    and although I agree with you about the quality, its the NAME IN THE BACK STAMP, that sells them,
    now I know a lot of people claim, NAO, is not as good as Lladro, and that makes them cheaper, THIS I CANT UNDER STAND,
    when you have BOTH stamps on a piece, NAO made in spain by Lladro, I once had a piece returned to me by the buyer,,,
    claimed it was not Lladro, so I replied to them,, WHO MADE IT, it says on the bottom,,, made by Lladro,, some people out there have no brains, can you understand where they come from,

Barnsley, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View DaisyChain's Feedback (+76)
    All-About DaisyChain
    View DaisyChain's Listings
    Forum Posts

Its true what you said about ebay, casades figures dont do tghat well on there........BUT

They sell quite well offline, ive bought casades figures at a cle of quid each before at car boots, then 5 mins later banged them on my own stall for 8 pound up and sold them that day

A lot of people dont realise you can actually buy stuff from ebay to sell at auctions, car boots, antique cabinets etc, and even back on ebay

If i could find a job lot of casades figures at a decent prive on ebay id have no worries about making my money back on them
    Click here to see my items for Sale!
    Amiga, Mega Drive, Playstation Games and More!

Default The difference between Lladro and Nao

Quote Originally Posted by QCPOTS View Post
    I know a lot of people claim, NAO, is not as good as Lladro, and that makes them cheaper, THIS I CANT UNDER STAND,
    when you have BOTH stamps on a piece, NAO made in spain by Lladro, I once had a piece returned to me by the buyer,,,
    claimed it was not Lladro, so I replied to them,, WHO MADE IT, it says on the bottom,,, made by Lladro,, some people out there have no brains, can you understand where they come from,
    Although a Nao figure may have Lladro stamped on the bottom it is not in the true sense a Lladro figure. Nao is manufactured as a cheaper version of Lladro. This can be best seen in the difference between any flowerwork on Nao and Lladro. Flowers on a Lladro piece consists of seperate petals all put together by hand. Flowers on a Nao piece are moulded as a single item.

This accounts for the large price difference between the two makes. Lladro is a lot more labour intensified than Nao. There are a few early Nao pieces with hand made flowers on them but these command high prices with collectors.

Nao is a subsidery of Lladro. The following brands were also connected to Lladro but are no longer in production they are Rosal, Zaphir, Golden Memories and Tang. Zaphir items are still being made under the Nao Brand The Nao brand was suspended for a time while Lladro produced the Golden Memories Range which was not a success. After a period of approx' three years The Golden Memories range was dropped and production of Nao was restarted.

Forum Diehard
    All-About QCPOTS
    View QCPOTS's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ugrow View Post
    Although a Nao figure may have Lladro stamped on the bottom it is not in the true sense a Lladro figure. Nao is manufactured as a cheaper version of Lladro. This can be best seen in the difference between any flowerwork on Nao and Lladro. Flowers on a Lladro piece consists of seperate petals all put together by hand. Flowers on a Nao piece are moulded as a single item.

This accounts for the large price difference between the two makes. Lladro is a lot more labour intensified than Nao. There are a few early Nao pieces with hand made flowers on them but these command high prices with collectors.

Nao is a subsidery of Lladro. The following brands were also connected to Lladro but are no longer in production they are Rosal, Zaphir, Golden Memories and Tang. Zaphir items are still being made under the Nao Brand The Nao brand was suspended for a time while Lladro produced the Golden Memories Range which was not a success. After a period of approx' three years The Golden Memories range was dropped and production of Nao was restarted.
    Hi ugrow, sorry for the slow reply, been away for a few days,

from what you say here, one cant BELIEVE THE MAKERS STAMP, made in Spain by Lladro, is not true, YES,

if that be fact, there is lots of other POPULAR makers out there that must also be misleading the buying public,
    I own a number of pieces, with two makers names on them,
    some impressed then stamped, others with two stamps,
    MEISSEN being one nade blanks and sold ,to-be decorated by another firm, both put there marks on, so whos the maker,

this has happened quite a lot, throught the porcelain industry,
    I am afraid to say this, but when I see some makers stamped , or impressed mark, like Crown Derby made in england,
    or made in Spain by Lladro, I am inclined to believe, thats who made the piece, unless there is documented proof, that certain makers have been copied, like CLARICE CLIFF,
    SHIP LOADS OF COPIES, comming in from CHINA, etc,
    a lot of the older makers also got copied, but I have not heard of Lladro getting done,
    Some interesting banter could come from this,
    start a new thread on, known copies of famous porcelain makers,

Thread Information