My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Video imput via software

Angry Video imput via software

I have been in the search of descent video capture, editing and burning software that does it all in one. I have been through at least 5 different software programs already and they all have the same 2 flaws:

1. The video is captured at a ridiculously high level and munches away at your hard drive no matter what quality setting it is at. e.g. I captured the terminal to the pc from vhs on medium/low quality and it was 20gb ! ! !

2. The conversion of avi and mpeg files to dvd is very tight, for example I went to burn a 700mb avi file to dvd it told me on medium quality it would take 2 dvds

this is the same with all software I try and this includes good stuff such as pinnacle studio 8 + 9 and roxio movie maker etc not cheap software

does anyone know of good video capture, editing and burning combo software that has found a way round these ridiculous problems

look forward to your replies from p1mac !
    Last edited by p1mac; 11th January 2006 at 12:36 AM. Reason: spelling error

come on someone must know of descent piece video software that doesent clog up your hard drive or have low compression rates for burning

please post people I would like any suggestions please
    ENJOY @¬( ' v ' )¬@

If you can generate the dvd content with the software, you can use dvdshrink to reduce the size so it fits on one dvd.

Most videograbbers utilise full frame uncompressed video, so the cards are able to use cheap processors as they don't have to compress it in real time. If you want realtime compression, the cards will be expensive. (i.e. not Happauge).

I don't know of any software that will do what you want, but the people on http://www.videohelp.com are very helpful.
    Search for the answer to your question first, as you may get flamed if you ask something stupid. Include as much info as you can and somebody will help you.

Thread Information