eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Any sizzix experts out there?

Default Any sizzix experts out there?

I am looking to buy a machine and dies.
    I have seen the full size machine and the smaller sidekick one,
    can they both take the same dies?

Wink sizzix compatability

Hello there
    here is what i have pasted from sizzix for you for exact information on sidekick machine

.Sizzix Sidekick
    Everyone knows and trusts the cutting quality of the Sizzix Machine. Now it has a trusted companion for at home or on the go. Small enough to fit in the palm of your hand, the Sizzix Sidekick is the perfect companion to the Sizzix Machine. This portable, affordable and adorable crafting system performs both detailed die-cutting with all Sizzlits, and quick, quality embossing with specially formatted Sidekick Embossing Folders from single sheets of lightweight-to-cardstock paper By adding an optional Sizzix Adapter, the Sidekick is also compatible with other brand's wafer-thin dies.

If you need any more help with your purchasing the right dies etc, please feel free to get in touch with me as I have had to learn the hard way by emptying my hubbys wallet to obtain the right machine and dies etc.

hope this helps
    1lilfunkyred

Quote Originally Posted by rolfharrisunderpants
    If you haven't already bought a machine check out the Ellison design Big shot machine, approx £70 comes with dies etc to start you off, uses all the sizzix dies ( sizzix is owned by ellison so everything is compatible) and has a great range of their own. It is lighter, easier to use and has a much larger cutting area, I have both machines and find the big shot better, hope this helps coomco

Cool sizzix

Hi
    I make and sell die cuts and just so you know that sizzix is slowly phazing(sp) out the regular sizzix and replacing it with the big shot. I have both plus a cricut and a zyron pcs(told you i love die cuts lol). I like the big shot better then the sizzix because you can use sizzix and big shot as well as quick kutz and accucut dies on it. I got rid of all the other hand die cutters and just use the big shot it will do the little sidekick dies too. Of course I love my cricut and xyron pcs too.
    I will be listing quite a few die cuts on here as I have closed my feebay store but will take about 2 weeks please visit my auctions as my store won't be up and running for about a month.

Hello there,
    I personally would reccomend the Big Shot but apparently it has had quite a few bad reviews regarding replacement plastic sheets.
    I have found a supplier for the plastic ( this being the material you place over the dies when you wind the die through the roller ) and will be listing some on my auctions in the next few days, they are not from Ellison ( the company who make the Big Shot ) but a stockists which i have sourced. If anyone would lke to e mail me for prices etc i would be more than happy to asist.
    I have one piece f advice for people using the Big Shot however, if you cut your plastic plate to the same size as the die, when you roll it through it will not over time curve and bend as much as if you placed the whole piece over the die with overhang on either side.

View cepher0's Feedback (+700)
    All-About cepher0
    View cepher0's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rolfharrisunderpants View Post
    The short answer is No

The Full size Machine will take many dies but you will need a Sizzix adapter, the Sidekick will only take wafer thin dies at a maximum of 2½ " wide.

I hope this will help..

Great Card Making and Scrapbooking Goodies at Low Low Prices. In Store Now

http://uk.four.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?mo=user-store&title=The-Scrapbook-Crafters-Carousel

Thread Information