Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Top A+ bags from China! Low price!

Smile Top A+ bags from China! Low price!

So glad to return to ebid again!

I got these A+ quality bags, gucci, LV, prada, armani, from special channels. As I am in China now, I cannot afford any listing fees. So I use free auctions. This is the only place to promote my auctions. All of you are more than welcome to take a look!
    Last edited by thomas_lh1980; 20th August 2005 at 04:54 PM.

Nakhon Ratchasima Thailand (Not Singapore), Singapore, United Kingdom
    View gazlannathai's Feedback (+796)
    All-About gazlannathai
    View gazlannathai's Listings
    Forum Posts

OK so you're in China, but .....

The top of your listings say in UK - that's location misrepresentation - I know your description states you're in China but it uses very small letters

(Before anyone flames me for doing the same - It is a LOT more prominent in my descriptions as to where the goods and I are located - usually BIG letters in the first 3 lines of the description, then repeated several times, and in my forum signature etc.)

Your description states no PayPal as you cannot draw down to your bank account - not true
    - my PayPal account is set through my UK bank - people pay me online and I transfer to UK bank, then draw cash here (in Thailand) from the ATM using a Visa Delta card.
    Those cards do work in Chinese ATM's - I know because I worked there four years ago.

You state you only accept Western Union and delivery 2 days after payment received, then state it will take 7 days to reach the buyer, but you have not stated the delivery cost or method - do those delivery times mean you will be using international air couriers such as DHL FedEx UPS etc - if so buyers can expect to pay twice the start price on the bags.

Lastly - Original designer bags from China? Are you sure they are not factory rejects or designer-copies. Your buyers will be much more forgiving if they are and you are honest about it.
    Even if they are genuine, do you have the validation tags etc, and a license to sell "Asian Market" goods outside Asia? You are operating in a product type that has been heavily policed in recent years, throughout East and South East Asia, as well as in western markets.

I'd recommend you take some time to address the above issues and add to your auction description.

Regards
    Gaz

Thank you gazlannathai! So happy that an ebider with over 700 positive rating spent time on my listings and pointed out the deficiencies in my auctions.

1.Location
    I've already been aware of the problem. But I didn't find anywhere to change it. I think I would take your advice and state it clearly in my auctions using capital letters.

2.Paypal. This is really annoying. As I have come back China and nobody helps me collect my billing letters every month, they have frozened my bank account in UK. I wrote letters to them but the problem is not solved. For other ways of payment, e.g. money order, I will have to wait for over a month to get cash. And also the banks transaction fees are very high. Do you have any other suggestion or comments on this?

As to delivery and where the bags come from, I would add more information to my auctions.

Thanks again gazlannathai!

All-About gazlannathai
    Forum Posts

Ok......

Regarding PayPal issue - eBay owns them and eBay have opened in China, therefore if you have Chinese Bank Plastic, in theory you should be able to open a new PayPal account using your Chinese bank card - haven't checked it myself but have a nosy on PayPal at the authorised countries list in the help pages.

I agree that bank fees are high - much too high when dealing with Asian countries.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by the billing letters causing your UK bank to be frozen (or what the billing letters are) but I'd recommend you write to your UK Bank asking them to explain the action.

Are you Chinese or British? Sometimes your English is as good as many native speakers, yet I also note a few "Asian Errors" in some of your structures, but not enough to convince me that English is not your native language. Curiosity really as I tend to notice them more because of living in Asia.

There are several online payment services that don't really worry where you and your bank account is based
    www.moneybookers.com
    www.ikobo.com
    but they're not as popular as any with a name beginning with "P"

Gaz

I am a Chinese, but I used to study in UK for a year. My english still needs to be improved a lot.... :-)

As to the billing letters, I am not sure if I am wrong with the expression. I meant the letters posted to you every month by the bank, in which you can your consumption record and your account balance. Should I just say "the bill"?

All-About gazlannathai
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thomas_lh1980
    I am a Chinese, but I used to study in UK for a year. My english still needs to be improved a lot.... :-)

As to the billing letters, I am not sure if I am wrong with the expression. I meant the letters posted to you every month by the bank, in which you can your consumption record and your account balance. Should I just say "the bill"?
    Hi - no - these are called Bank Account Statements in English

They are simply a record of activity on your bank account and should not affect the account being active or frozen. I'd recommend you write to the manager at the branch where you hold the account and ask them to send the statements to you in China. Depending on the bank, you can maybe do that online. You could also ask them to send "page full" or quarterly statements instead of monthly ones - then they'll only send them when the page is full of transactions, or once every three months - they'll like that because it's cheaper for them.

You should also tell them there's a chance you'll return to the UK in the future, and that you want to keep the account active because of that. It's always useful to have accounts around the world if you're going into any type of business.

"Achan" Gaz

As to paypal.....yes, ebay China has opened and every Chinese can open a paypal account. But paypal does not support any bank in mainland China. If one wanna withdraw money from paypal, he has to withdraw it first to a bank account in US or UK. Most Chinese do not have such an account, so they hate but have to reject paypal. A lot of international buyers even pay in cash by registered air mail. I saw many Chinese on ebay China forums showed pounds, dollers, euros they received from international buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by gazlannathai
    Hi - no - these are called Bank Account Statements in English

They are simply a record of activity on your bank account and should not affect the account being active or frozen. I'd recommend you write to the manager at the branch where you hold the account and ask them to send the statements to you in China. Depending on the bank, you can maybe do that online. You could also ask them to send "page full" or quarterly statements instead of monthly ones - then they'll only send them when the page is full of transactions, or once every three months - they'll like that because it's cheaper for them.

You should also tell them there's a chance you'll return to the UK in the future, and that you want to keep the account active because of that. It's always useful to have accounts around the world if you're going into any type of business.

"Achan" Gaz

Thanks a lot for the info.
    I would try hard to argue with them and hope the best!

Thread Information