Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Descent (Gulp!)

Default The Descent (Gulp!)

Try this:

http://www.thedescentthemovie.co.uk/

Use the space bar to use or not use your lighter and left click like mad (well, I did lol) your cursor to where you want to go

You might need your Mam/wear a nappy

Taken from:

http://www.mymovies.net/trailers/?sec=trailers

Have fun

WOW! What an experience.. of course, it hardly matches MY adventures
    Come and try your luck in our gaming forums:
    http://www.arh-auction.co.uk/forums/

Quote Originally Posted by EnterpriseVideoRental
    You should watch the movie, its fantastic.

Yup! I've seen it and it is a goodun the thing in the cave looks like my mother-in-law

I read the book some time ago, so was looking forward to the film version. Guess what? Its not even the same story!!

The film is completely flawed and only gets more and more ridiculous! The farcical turns only serve to destroy what began as a pschologically scary film and as for that weird double ending . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele
    The film is completely flawed and only gets more and more ridiculous! The farcical turns only serve to destroy what began as a pschologically scary film and as for that weird double ending . . . . . .
    Psst! Damian...s'not real ya know

Quote Originally Posted by jarremachine
    Psst! Damian...s'not real ya know
    Good fantasy will draw the viewer into a world that, even though it may be fiction, is believable and consistant. Within the logic of the presented world the events which make up the story should sit well and be explicable by whatever else is presented. In short, it should make sense.

This film failed to do that.

It began looking like a film that was written for a bunch of blokes as lead character before being hijacked by a bunch of women barely suited to their roles. Hollywood's stupid idea that no matter how bad the film is they can make extra money by appearing to support the feminists.

Then it turned into a genuinely scary psychological horror for those who are scared by dark, claustrophobic places.

Even up to the point where the old pitton was found it was a fairly average but passable film.

But when they expected us to believe that a single female could breed dozens and dozens of exclusively male troglodytes who have all managed to adapt to the dark (something which would take far longer than three or four generations) and apparently give birth to them all at the same time as there wasn't a young one amongst them. Then we are supposed to swallow the idea that even though these dozens and dozens of creatures are somehow managing to swarm around outside and catch the huge amounts of food necessary to feed them all - ignoring the nutritional impossibilities here too - that nobody has ever even got a hint of their existance.

The film makers had a chance to turn out a fairly decent film but instead became sloppy and, insultingly, thought that the audience would be dumb enough not to notice.

These people should all go and watch SAW and see how good horror is created.

I actually agree that Follywood are quite good at messing films up...look what they did to the "Titanic"

But when they expected us to believe that a single female could breed dozens and dozens of exclusively male troglodytes who have all managed to adapt to the dark (something which would take far longer than three or four generations) and apparently give birth to them all at the same time as there wasn't a young one amongst them.
    Oh, I dunno, you should see some of the neighbouring villages that surround us

These people should all go and watch SAW and see how good horror is created.
    Now ya talking Damian, that's a brill film...it's enough to put ya off ya kebab forra while

Yes, SAW was one hell of a good film! I should be watching SAW 2 over the weekend, hope its half as good!

Back to The Descent, what a pity they didn't follow the book, as it was a gripping story. Believable, suspenseful and really interesting too! Although the film version had too many flaws, its still an enjoyable horror yarn for folk who just love horror. Nowadays, 9 out of 10 horror films are far-fetched anyway. But we just want to be entertained! I do anyway.

Thread Information