Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Going to knock the socks off Ebay

Quote Originally Posted by beautynbeyondinc
    Yea, Yea, Ebay is "the thing" in online auctions. Doesn't have to be. Any how many past sellers got ripped off with those horrendous fees?

I did! $500 a month just to be a featured store alone! Come on guys, you cant even complain right now. You have to be happy somewhere! I guess if you dont like Ebid, go back to Ebay! Atleast on Ebid, competition is scarce compared to Ebay and we all can afford it! Patience my dears!
    I would totally agree with you. I have just recently come to9 E-bid after being on Ebay for quite a while. I found the fees crippling. It takes any enjoyment away. I really don't understand how some of these so called powersellers could actually be making money. I just wanted enough to keep myself afloat and enjoy the banter. So E-bid hear I am and I hope to stay. I would like to think I will make as many friends on here as I did there.

Quote Originally Posted by consolesrus
    you need to do far more advertising on t.v, rado news paper ect..
    the more you invest in advertising the more return you will get!.

i cant belive ebay run a advert about 2x a day and its christmas time? they dont need to do it anymore than that beacuse there is no compitition.

if i owend ebid id pump as much money as the company made in to advertising untill i go t up to par with ebay ppl say youll never catch up with abay are talking out theyer **** .

look about and there are millions of ppl crying out for an ebay alternative whats stoping them using ebid?? the amount of traffic thats it nothing but the amount of traffic that ebay gets!

put an add on the t.v and watch your traffic rise to that of ebay once the traffic is up ppl will place adds and start buying its that simple!

play it like a game of monopoly the one who owns the most wins the game, look for the propity e.g every magizine news paper should have your add somewhere on it,

ebay do very little advertising for the size of the company if you keep on investing your proffit on advertising and just keep enough to live on, then with in ? lests say 5 years time you will have millions of ppl using ebid and thats where you are on par with ebay and make a billion every year!

there is no other way of doing it spend a million pounds on advertising and youll get 10 million back put that 10 million again on advertising get 100 million back.
    advertising,advertising,advertising, is your only chance!!
    Do any of you realise how much it cost to advertise on TV. You should be happy that there is an alternative to Ebay. Why don't you stop moaning about it and do something. If you really WANT to see it on the market next to or even better than Ebay, YOU have to do something about it too. There is nothing to stop you from advertising YOUR store or site Make up cards and put one in with your sales adverising Ebid and your store. Ebid is fine as it is. It is up to the people who use it to make it what THey want it to be. It'S YOUR STORE OR SHOP, not theirs. Action speaks a heck of a lot louder than words.

I read this somewhere:
    that other site did not advertise at all in the UK until about a year ago.
    That means it got popular because people told one another about it.

Their adverts are crap anyway.. and the people in them are all incredibly ugly for some reason. feepay has notoriety more than popularity, there are a lot of negative associations. It's famous for people being defrauded, fake designer goods, and geeks wanting a bargain, those are the things that need to be kept down on here.. feepay pick the peak slots inbetween the simpsons and stuff, spending money like that at ebid may drain funding out of the customer resources and site development etc.... I'd rather they put their effort into making this a really user friendly site and keep the free listings.
    http://uk.three.ebid.net/perl/main.c...rance-Skincare

After a long, long time, I'm baaaaaack!! My stuff: Look at it, it's fantastic.

Cool I Hope

I think this site is getting as good as Ebay.
    I hope one day it gets better....
    Ebay are getting far to big for their boots and the charges
    they charge now are ridiculous.
    I know alot of sellers that are no longer registered with Ebay.
    They are getting far to greedy !

this site is nowere near as good as ebay. ok ebay fees may be a little steep but at least you can sell an item on ebay ,whats the point of having a free service like ebid if no one buys ??????????????????????????????????????

oh and one other thing if ebid was to get as big as ebay would it still be free I DONT THINK SO !

Er Excuse Me My Feedback Rateing On Ebay Is 521 ,and As For My Poor Selling Skills. I Have Just Been To Your Store Wow !!!!!!!!! 1,360 Auctions And How Many Bids ? Yes Youve Guessed It Nil,none ,ziltch ,big Fat Zero, Explane That One Expert ,lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Actually my ebid sales in the last 7 days are 48 separate EBID listings. Once you've done some research ( Tip- that's a must for s succesful seller) you'll know this site tends to work on 'buy it now' rather than auction bids.

Please feel free to quote my feedback rating in your next post

Thread Information