My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Going to knock the socks off Ebay

Well eBay got big after promoting itself in TV commercials, why doesn't eBid try to raise money for commercials on TV & Radio?

eBid's motto catch phrase could be, "Now, you can actually chose!" or "eBay, look out!" or even "when you've finally paid your fees, come to eBid."

I don't know, any suggestions?

I would have to agree that ebid is far superior to ebay or any other auction site I have used or seen yet. Not only is it user friendly but the fees you charge (if any) and ability to purchase a lifetime fee free membership are a dream come true for the sellers that plan on moving mass product. Not to mention the great forum and friendly company that I have found here so far. Everyone seems to help one another instead of playing war and drama games that I was used to with ebay...before I decided to never use their services again. As far as I'm concerned this site in due time will dominate all if they stay on the path they are currently on.

Keep up the good work,
    Audiotronic InnovationS
    Last edited by AudiotronicInnovationS; 20th November 2005 at 02:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MobilityOne
    Hi Guys...

Just wanted to say... Great Site... Easy to use.... Cost effective.

With all this in place, you are going to knock the socks off ebay!

Keep up the good work.

The team at MobilityOne
    As BIG as Ebay LMAO. Never in a million years will this site ever be as BIG. I have listed 100 items on here and sold one. They didn't pay and were kicked off for something or other later. Trading on Ebid I would starve to death.

Quote Originally Posted by MUSICMOVIESTORE
    As BIG as Ebay LMAO. Never in a million years will this site ever be as BIG. I have listed 100 items on here and sold one. They didn't pay and were kicked off for something or other later. Trading on Ebid I would starve to death.
    you have only been here 3 weeks,give it time,i am sure your sales will pick up

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by erg7181984
    Well eBay got big after promoting itself in TV commercials, why doesn't eBid try to raise money for commercials on TV & Radio?

eBid's motto catch phrase could be, "Now, you can actually chose!" or "eBay, look out!" or even "when you've finally paid your fees, come to eBid."

I don't know, any suggestions?

They bid , she bid , Ebid

Smile Go for it

Quote Originally Posted by jockjunior
    They bid , she bid , Ebid
    i quite agree advertising is the best but your young at the moment for myself ive sent out 300 contacts to Ebid if every one else who has used paypal you can cut and past all your contacts like i did your getting buddy point for it ionly started yesterday and already have three point come on all get those emails sent

Yea, Yea, Ebay is "the thing" in online auctions. Doesn't have to be. Any how many past sellers got ripped off with those horrendous fees?

I did! $500 a month just to be a featured store alone! Come on guys, you cant even complain right now. You have to be happy somewhere! I guess if you dont like Ebid, go back to Ebay! Atleast on Ebid, competition is scarce compared to Ebay and we all can afford it! Patience my dears!

feepay is becoming a monster of its own creation.. it has a bad enough reputation for fraud and fees already, eventually it will implode, I hope. Just depends on who is able to step into the breach when it happens ;-)

But seriously, eventually its impersonal, uncaring, indescriminate nature will damage it. This site just needs to keep up the personalized approach, and really cater to the little guys, not just the merchant sellers.. after all, nobody will turn a profit if it's just big sellers buying off eachother all the time.

Ah, I've got a bit carried away.. I hate boring sundays.
    http://uk.three.ebid.net/perl/main.c...rance-Skincare

After a long, long time, I'm baaaaaack!! My stuff: Look at it, it's fantastic.

Default re

you need to do far more advertising on t.v, rado news paper ect..
    the more you invest in advertising the more return you will get!.

i cant belive ebay run a advert about 2x a day and its christmas time? they dont need to do it anymore than that beacuse there is no compitition.

if i owend ebid id pump as much money as the company made in to advertising untill i go t up to par with ebay ppl say youll never catch up with abay are talking out theyer **** .

look about and there are millions of ppl crying out for an ebay alternative whats stoping them using ebid?? the amount of traffic thats it nothing but the amount of traffic that ebay gets!

put an add on the t.v and watch your traffic rise to that of ebay once the traffic is up ppl will place adds and start buying its that simple!

play it like a game of monopoly the one who owns the most wins the game, look for the propity e.g every magizine news paper should have your add somewhere on it,

ebay do very little advertising for the size of the company if you keep on investing your proffit on advertising and just keep enough to live on, then with in ? lests say 5 years time you will have millions of ppl using ebid and thats where you are on par with ebay and make a billion every year!

there is no other way of doing it spend a million pounds on advertising and youll get 10 million back put that 10 million again on advertising get 100 million back.
    advertising,advertising,advertising, is your only chance!!

Thread Information