eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: "ebid" is cheaper than feebay!!!

Thumbs up "ebid" is cheaper than feebay!!!

Hi Everyone. Im fairly new here.......but I love "ebid" already. I'm here for couple of days now and I list about 10 item and counting. But I'm selling my Mercedes Badges cheaper than what I'm currently selling on feebay, don't get me wrong I sold quit a few of them but I offer them cheaper here to attract more customer here so people will naturally come here to check and when they see they can get same stuff cheaper here they won't go back to feebay.
    I'm spreading the word around lets all do the same and hopefully soon feebay is long forgotten.
    I'm buying lots of stuff and from now on I'll buy them from the "ebid"

yes!! xx i know i found ebid a few weeks ago and its great. I was a power seller on feebay but decided to try ebid as the monthy fees on feebay are extortionate( over £85 per month) so now trying to post anywhere i can for free to advertise ebid, as online selling is my main income

so please bid on ebid and leave feebay well alone.. thanks

Sorry to put a dampener on things guys but reality will soon hit home when you realise that your items are not selling. I also don't like ebay for the way they treat their sellers but the fact of the matter is that it's the only online auction site where you can actually make a living. I've had over a 100 items on here for coming up to 4 weeks now and I've had just the one sale despite my ebid prices being cheaper than my ebay prices, and that was a purchase made by a seller which is another thing you'll notice.... the only buyers on here are the sellers.

You see, the sellers come here because they're attracted by the low fees.... Unfortunately the buyers don't follow and the few sales that do take place are usually the sellers buying something they've spotted. All the real buyers are still on ebay because everyone knows of ebay and hardly anyone knows of ebid. Go on, just ask a friend if they've heard of ebay and then ask them if they've heard of ebid.... The answer will prove my point.

Ebid's idea of marketing is getting a few people to run around chucking flyers in people's doors when really they should be advertising via the media to a national audience.

I like you was very optimistic about selling on here but unfortunately that optimism has long since faded. There are sellers here who have over a thousand items listed and have had so for a year or more and their feedback is no more than 200 which I think tells it's own story.

My apologies for the reality check. Unfortunately, I have a very strong feeling that this post won't go down too well with some of the diehards on here but hey, I live in a world of reality and call it how I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by hothedz View Post
    I was a power seller on feebay but decided to try ebid as the monthy fees on feebay are extortionate( over £85 per month)
    You were a powerseller with fees of around £85. My monthly ebay fees are over £200 and they'll probably be doubling or tripling very shortly and to be honest I don't mind. It means I'm making money. I'd rather pay high fees and have items selling than pay no fees and have nothing sell. It's a bit like the man who earns £15k a year saying he's so glad he doesn't earn £100k due to all the taxes he'd have to pay.... get my drift?

I think trying to make comparisons with Greedbay are a little pointless, yes the traffic here is a fraction of what ebay has but what would it have cost you to list those same items over there? The publicity is also up to you as well. We all try and bring buyers over here, but it is hard work, but will be worth it in the long term.

If you read through various threads there is advice on how to use all of your selling venues to make it work, for instance have you done an email shot to your previous customers telling them what fabulous bargains are to be had here?
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Rhondda Cynon Taf, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View Trinakarenmille's Feedback (+2574)
    All-About Trinakarenmille
    View Trinakarenmille's Listings
    Forum Posts

Franky.

It is hard trying to get established on Ebid, particularly with designer clothes. Do you still sell on the other site?. If so do you add a flyer to your sales there pointing them to your Ebid auctions.

A lot of sellers on the other big site are having problems getting sales due to all the changes, glitches etc. Some have left due to such a downturn in sales there. Buyers complaining they can not find the items they want, due to recent changes in searches.

I am plodding along here in the hope I will gain in the long term. Hopefully if buyers can not find their wanted items there, they will look here.

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Trina-Kare...-DESIGNER-WEAR

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Trina-Kare...ntage-clothing

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Trina-Kare...e-Collectibles

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Trina-Kare...Vintage-Crafts

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Trina-Kare...tage-Bookstore

Quote Originally Posted by Trina Karen Jolly Golly Jamboree View Post
    Franky.

It is hard trying to get established on Ebid, particularly with designer clothes. Do you still sell on the other site?. If so do you add a flyer to your sales there pointing them to your Ebid auctions.

A lot of sellers on the other big site are having problems getting sales due to all the changes, glitches etc. Some have left due to such a downturn in sales there. Buyers complaining they can not find the items they want, due to recent changes in searches.

I am plodding along here in the hope I will gain in the long term. Hopefully if buyers can not find their wanted items there, they will look here.

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Trina-Kare...-DESIGNER-WEAR

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Trina-Kare...ntage-clothing

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Trina-Kare...e-Collectibles

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Trina-Kare...Vintage-Crafts

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Trina-Kare...tage-Bookstore
    I've been selling on ebay for less than 3 months and yes the last month and a half has seen a rapid decline in sales. I assume this is due to the tinkering of the ebay search settings. For me, the first few months were all about learning. I bought stock worth in the region of 4 to 5 grand and am now selling several items at cost price just to try and get rid of them. I had lots of variety as it was necessary in order to find out what there is demand for and what there isn't. I'm now much better equipped as I know what sells and what doesn't. Once my slow selling stock is gone, I'll only have left the items that I can rely on to get me sales.

Well, enough about that. As for putting a flyer into my sales parcels, no I don't do that and I have a reason for that. I want to ride on the crest of a wave rather than actually have to firstly create the wave and then have to push it along. Ebay gets the site traffic and I rely on that for my sales. I have another job and that's why I just don't have the time or energy to manually try and promote my ebay or ebid shops. Judging from the feedback score of long time sellers on here, I doubt if any of the promotional tips being used here are of any great benefit. Maybe the odd sale here or there but nothing of any great substance.

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Franky i wouldn't compare the sites, ebid cmpares better with Amazon than ebay when it comes to strategy.
    What most of us do is sell on more than one venue and use each venue for it's strengths. Ebids strengths is free listing, it's a great stockroom where you can afford to list the full range- and if you use the tips on this board- have your listings appear on google products.
    Personally I very rarely use ebay as a selling venue as it's just not cost effective for me, but i do sell on other sites. I just like it here best

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Franky1932 View Post
    Well, enough about that. As for putting a flyer into my sales parcels, no I don't do that and I have a reason for that. I want to ride on the crest of a wave rather than actually have to firstly create the wave and then have to push it along. Ebay gets the site traffic and I rely on that for my sales. I have another job and that's why I just don't have the time or energy to manually try and promote my ebay or ebid shops. Judging from the feedback score of long time sellers on here, I doubt if any of the promotional tips being used here are of any great benefit. Maybe the odd sale here or there but nothing of any great substance.
    You gave me a good laugh there, such a blatant expression of the desire to exploit. Did you mean it that way?

I'm afraid I don't have any advice to offer, I shall be keeping my hard won knowledge to myself.

I wouldn't judge sales by feedback incidentally. I find that it's very difficult to get buyers to bother, especially if they're newbies to eBid. Most of my customers are newbies and it's getting to the point where my buddy points (new sign-ups) are a better indication of my sales than fb.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Franky1932 View Post
    As for putting a flyer into my sales parcels, no I don't do that and I have a reason for that. I want to ride on the crest of a wave rather than actually have to firstly create the wave and then have to push it along.
    Why not just say "I'm selfish"? You've missed the crest of the ebay wave - it's not an easy ride there any more (it used to be, really it did - I used to have a sell-through rate of around 99%). If you just want to list and sit and wait for sales, then ebid is probably a waste of your time but then so is everywhere else.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Thread Information