My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Selling Handcrafted Cards

Hi, I've just seen this, I make cards also, I thought it would be good to get into, little realising just how many people do make cards, So I had to give up as I was getting no where, and now just sell the odd embellishments made by quilling. I enjoy doing this, as I find relaxing, so if I sell any its a bonus as well.

And like someone said, You can buy packs of cards for half the price. I bought a pack of cards for £1.99 in Morrisons, but it was buy one get one free.

Its a shame people are not selling who make cards, as I know the time and effort put into this.

Happy Crafting
    cardsforall

Hi

I have been selling my cards for about 4 months on ebay and it was starting to reaaly pick up.

But still no luck on here yet, but fingers crossed, for all of us!!!!!!!!!!!

Kerry

I have a "real" shop and my cards go like hot cakes. I find it quite frustrating as I wnat them to buy stuff off me to make their own!
    The best way to attract attention is to personalise them, I've found. So make up an example card with a name on and a birthday message, then make up a couple more so that you can just add the personalisation ...

Hi

I have asked for a greeting card catagory before, but no body did anything. And it was FAO Gazza, I think they just want to put the ones on they want.

June
    junescardshop

Unhappy

Well a year has gone by and I still haven't sold any cards. I have given away a lot free with items I have sold.

Today at work I sold 6 and I actually lost money, as I had a low price on them in the hope of making people I work with take a look. I did try a craft fair last year and sold nothing, the table cost me £6.00. I took them into my hairdressers and two other people came along and so I had to withdraw my cards as I was not selling any. Of the two left only one lady has actually sold any as she said they were for charity.

At school where I work, no one even looks at them. Except the lady that bought them today. The School Fair two weeks ago was also a waste of time as too many people say they are making them too. I originally started as a way of raising funds for school. The teaching staff are just not willing to look and buy, even though all my fund raising efforts in the past have meant things needed were purchased using the money I raised.

Tonight I was looking through cards I made last Christmas and have realised that a pack of twelve Christmas cards are missing. The only place they have been was at the school fair last year, so obviouslly someone must have taken them without paying.

In the summer I tried car boot fairs and people only wanted to pay 20p and no more than 50p, even though some of them cost between £1.00 and even £2.00 to make. I do use expensive items sometimes to make them look good, but still people want to pay peanuts for them. I hope other people on here have better luck than I have had.

The only place I have had success with, is a shop in Lancashire, in a local village store near where I have my caravan. But I live in the North East of England and so only go there during the months of March through to October, so unfortunately I can only sell during the odd week I spend there.

Anyone have any ideas please? I would be more than grateful. I wish everyone good luck with their card making venture.

Hi
    Have just had a look at your auctions of hand crafted cards and looking at your prices you can't be making any money on them! Shame when you have obviously put so much work into them. If you would like an honest opinion I would say they are a bit too fussy - less is usually more on hand made cards. I like your silver flower and beads cards auction no 1163358418-6139-0 and think that would appeal to more people. If you typed your messages onto the cards that might help rather than using peel offs - I have card templates I would be happy to email over to you if you like to help you position your wording in the correct place. You could try selling more toppers for people making their own cards? The cross stitched ones are lovely and not many people can be bothered to cross stitch their own! You could also try making cards aimed at a 'younger' audience also this might help?

Anyway, good luck with your venture and don't give up! Oh I have just bid on one of your items!

stampsandcraftsupplies

Hi,
    I notice most of you don't have a link to your auctions in your posts, it does help, a lot more people browse forums than ever join in, also the forums are crawled by web spiders in the same way other web pages are.

To add a link, go to User CP (It's short for control panel), its the link on the left in the blue bar at the top of the forum.
    From there you can add a link to your auctions &/or your store to your signature.

JunesCardShop I've noticed that you've changed your shop name a number of times lately just so you know every time you do that your shop has to start again from scratch with being indexed by search engines
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicina View Post
    Hi,
    also the forums are crawled by web spiders in the same way other web pages are.
    Perhaps she's arachnophbic
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Red face

Thank you to all who have replied. I am going to give it another try, who knows I might get lucky and actually sell some cards.

As for the other site, I have stopped selling on there because of the ridiculous charges. This site is much friendlier and I have sold other things, besides cards.

Default For all you arachnophobes

Perhaps she's arachnophbic
    Ok then just for the arachnophobes out there
    Web Bots or Web Crawlers,
    "A Rose by any other name"
    & all that
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Thread Information