My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Private Listings

Default Private Listings

Not seen this suggestion lately so it must be time to start it again.

Private listings where the buyers name is hidden would be a big advantage to the adult section of Ebid. Who wants to bid on some of my items and have their friends know their business?

Private listings, as the have on the other side, may encourage bidders who are somewhat shy at times.

Alison

Battersea, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View rainbowcraft's Feedback (+2067)
    All-About rainbowcraft
    View rainbowcraft's Listings
    Forum Posts

I definately agree with this....however, I think it should be restricted to Adult auctions only (ie: all the items listed in the Adult categories) as certain other items are far too easy to shill bid and the offenders would never be caught if the bidders' IDs were hidden.

I hope that makes sense

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Have added this to our work list. We will make it for products in the adult category only..
    G
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Nakhon Ratchasima Thailand (Not Singapore), Singapore, United Kingdom
    View gazlannathai's Feedback (+796)
    All-About gazlannathai
    View gazlannathai's Listings
    Forum Posts

My understanding of a private auction is one that is created specifically for a named bidder to bid upon - similar to a second chance offer - that way it gives a route to not have to do off site sales.

E.g. - if someone wants 100g instead of 25g of my sun-dried Thai chillies, I currently have two choices - do a sale off site (losing eBid the income and breaking the rules) or list an open auction BIN and hope the correct bidder gets to it first.

Not very satisfactory from the site's point of view, or that of the originally enquiring buyer.

Quote Originally Posted by gazlannathai
    My understanding of a private auction is one that is created specifically for a named bidder to bid upon - similar to a second chance offer - that way it gives a route to not have to do off site sales.

E.g. - if someone wants 100g instead of 25g of my sun-dried Thai chillies, I currently have two choices - do a sale off site (losing eBid the income and breaking the rules) or list an open auction BIN and hope the correct bidder gets to it first.

Not very satisfactory from the site's point of view, or that of the originally enquiring buyer.
    A private auction is where the uders id is kept secret except to the seller .. I think it is a necessity for the adult section as I am sure it would increase sales , personally I wouldn't want everyone knowing that I bought a rampant rabbit , not that I have bought one

All-About gazlannathai
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fivebyfive
    A private auction is where the uders id is kept secret except to the seller .. I think it is a necessity for the adult section as I am sure it would increase sales , personally I wouldn't want everyone knowing that I bought a rampant rabbit , not that I have bought one
    I've always understood that to be a private bid (sometimes called a secret bid), not a private auction

A private auction is where only invited bidders can see anything to do with the auction.

Think of it in terms of real-world auctions.

Ebay also do private auctions , done one myself over there ...I've seen them used when a specalist collector's item is auctioned ( in case anyone thinks I trawl the adult listings LOL !!!! )

below is pasted from ebay

" Private Listing "

Would you like your buyers' identities to remain anonymous? When you create a private listing, a buyer's User ID will not appear in the listing or in the listing's bid history. As the seller, you are the only person authorised to view the buyer User IDs associated with your listing.

When to Use a Private Listing
    While there are some cases where private listings are appropriate, such as the sale of high-priced ticket items or approved pharmaceutical products, you should only make your listing private for a specific reason.

I last used the option when I had rare a collector's item up for sale

All-About gazlannathai
    Forum Posts

Selling an antique didlo were you"

"Nice and smooth missus - no rough edges coz of all the use it's had"

Quote Originally Posted by gazlannathai
    Selling an antique didlo were you"

"Nice and smooth missus - no rough edges coz of all the use it's had"

Oh no , now eveyone knows !!!!!!!!!!