Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Miniature Frame Needed

Hi Seaemelle :-)

Did you manage to find a suitable frame please? I'm looking for a wooden frame to stitch a 1:12 sampler too.......

Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
    View seaemelle's Feedback (+914)
    All-About seaemelle
    View seaemelle's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cross-stitch-cupboard

Did you manage to find a suitable frame please? I'm looking for a wooden frame to stitch a 1:12 sampler too.......
    I'm afraid not. I'm still looking but think I'm going to have to make one, I've mentioned the problem to my brother and he's going to see what he can do for me!

Smile Miniture Picture Frames

Hi,
    I thought you might be interested, Lakeland Plastics Limited sell miniture picture frames. Take a look at www.lakelandplasticslimited.co.uk. Looks under the crafts section. There is also a shop in York which sells everything for dolls houses and I am sure I have seen what you are looking for.

Hope that helps a little.

After a summer of not doing any stitching I've resurrected my project but still have not found a frame. Did you have any luck finding anything?

I've found some matchstick size pieces of wood in our local craft store and am thinking of just sticking these together and designing something to fit the hole ! or something like that...........

Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
    View seaemelle's Feedback (+914)
    All-About seaemelle
    View seaemelle's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi - No I've not got anything yet - but to be honest I've not really been looking as I've been side tracked by life and various other projects (you know how it is!) I'll let you know if / when I fine one!

Nakhon Ratchasima Thailand (Not Singapore), Singapore, United Kingdom
    View gazlannathai's Feedback (+796)
    All-About gazlannathai
    View gazlannathai's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi S-melle

Have you got a particular frame style you want? I could do a range of miniatures in Balsa and cast them in resin for you (using the same process as the miniature buildings in my listings ...... OMG - was that another pimp? {snigger}). That way I can colour the resin pretty much any colour you want (then it doesn't fade) or do it by gilting with genuine gold leaf if you fancy it.

Or do they have to be wood?

Also, 1:12 as a scale I understand, but just looking around my lounge, there are over a dozen different size frames from 6"x6" up tp 24" x 36" - can you give me exact dimensions for the aperture needed - the outer dimensions depend on the frame style

Cheers
    Gaz

Hi Gaz :-)

Just picked up on this thread again. I am planning to expand my business around the middle of next year (2007) and may be interested in 1:12 scale picture frames in resin. Not sure of size required yet as I need to design the pic :-)

Does the resin finish look like wood?

Thanks
    Busy Lizzie

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View stitchysyl's Feedback (+2137)
    All-About stitchysyl
    View stitchysyl's Listings
    Forum Posts

I know the dolls house parade do wooden picture frames...but I don't know what size they are...heres a link...

http://www.dolls-house-parade.co.uk/...ory_Code=0001a
    Last edited by stitchysyl; 13th August 2006 at 10:47 PM.

I was going to offer also to make you one with small scale miniature mouldings, so if your have any problems do give a shout. I can get some in wood but there is a minimum order so it would be a few weeks until I was ready to order. Give a shout anyway if I can help out.

Karen

Thread Information