My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Money from software

Cool Money from software

I can get some really good cheap software for the PC but what I am wondering is if you can make a living out of selling such things on auction sites. Does anyone know of people that are making a living in such a fashion?
    Thanks in advance.

See Ya
    (Happy Bidding)

Forum Diehard
    View tonymaclennan's Feedback (+23)
    All-About tonymaclennan
    View tonymaclennan's Listings
    Forum Posts

I sell auction websites but you cant make a living out of them.
    Why dont you start selling them AND get a full time job.
    Many of the CGI auctions which are the best dont allow resale rights or anything, whilst PHP auctions which allows resale rights sell for about a tenner if your lucky.
    You can sell as many websites as there are around but it would not guarantee you a living, since xmas the sale and final prices are ****.

Get a real job mate

Forum Diehard
    View tonymaclennan's Feedback (+23)
    All-About tonymaclennan
    View tonymaclennan's Listings
    Forum Posts

Also, programming websites is no longer as profitable. I program websites in ASP.NET and for a basic site to be programmed I charge about £70 as almost all of the websites are available pre-programmed on eBay.
    My new website is www.ppprogram.com, I programmed this site and the website its selling (price is quite high until I have finished debugging, in next day or 2), I think it'll only sell though for about £50-£60 and will be setup on a fee shared ssl.
    BTW - anybody who looks at the demo of the site its selling please excuse the design, its easily customisable (i have crap designing skills)

Smile

The site looks cool and will be better when debugged. But the text (eg in link to "COMPANY") is packed too densly - you need to add a margin and space it out a bit to make it more eye-friendly.

Good luck with the sale.

Do you have the grand 2 at all or alberton live 6?

Or a copy of windows vista with all auth codes??

Forum Newbie
    View judge2000's Feedback (+2)
    All-About judge2000
    View judge2000's Listings
    Forum Posts

tonymaclennan don't think he wants to sell auction sites as such, just PC Software, people come here for advice and help not people with smart quotes and there own failures.

Hi,
    Does Ebid support digital delivery, can't seem to see anyone offering it on their auctions.

View greenmasons's Feedback (+31)
    All-About greenmasons
    View greenmasons's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile

Hey! I sell a few PC software programs as Downloads. I dont think eBID supports digital download as of yet, but I upload the programs to a secure storage area on the net and link the buyer to it. The site lets me know when the program has been downloaded fully.

Its not quite as simple as it could be..but it works for me :-)

Also replying to the OP, i've just started up my PC software store on eBID. Most of the products are under £5. When i sold products on eBAY it was a real challenge because so many other people sell the same thing and with PC software you can end up making extremely small profit margins..if any!
    I find it best to compliment the PC software with other products such as banner designing and blank media (CDs, DVDs, etc). The only way your really going to be able to make a good profit is to move large amounts of the latest programs.

All i can say is go for it if you have some time! A few hours a week for posting items, uploading auctions, etc and your good to go for some extra money!

Hope I've answered your question in some way. Feel free to have a look at my shop and get in contact though!

Matthew
    Last edited by greenmasons; 14th October 2007 at 06:54 PM.
    Photo Art Shop - Greetings Cards, Postcards, Prints and more from my beautiful range of photography taken around the UK.

Thread Information