Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buy XP Cheap !

Cool Buy XP Cheap !

I am currently able to get hold of windows xp professional cd's or office xp cd's for just £30.00 each. the cd-s are OEM versions and are fully legal ! If you are interested and have a paypal or pppay.co.uk account just drop me an email to lisss001@medway.org.uk !

PS- the cd's do not come with coa's but I can assure you as they are OEM cds that the labels are not needed. Each cd is also supplied with a valid activation code !

Exclamation Legal No Way!

even if they are genuine oem cd's and not pirate copies they are NOT legal, oem cd's are only legal for the oem that holds the MS licence and then only in the country they hold the licence for and only if sold with thier hardware. MS have been hard core on this sort of thing and many innocent PC suppliers buying on the grey market have been taken to court and lost and been fined huge sums of money.

dont believe me just check with microsoft

soory

david

ps bet they are pirate copies tho'

Quote Originally Posted by bigusdave
    even if they are genuine oem cd's and not pirate copies they are NOT legal, oem cd's are only legal for the oem that holds the MS licence and then only in the country they hold the licence for and only if sold with thier hardware. MS have been hard core on this sort of thing and many innocent PC suppliers buying on the grey market have been taken to court and lost and been fined huge sums of money.

dont believe me just check with microsoft

soory

david

ps bet they are pirate copies tho'
    Hello, Sorry I cannot get these cds anymore. After two years trading softwarecds.com has closed. Actually the cds were 100% legal and did you see how old this post is ? LOOK AT THE DATE AND MY RATINGS THEY ARE ALL POSITIVE !!!

Exclamation perhaps you missunderstand me

Lissss i am in no way casting aspersions at you, many people sell MS software truly believing it to be genuine, I know dealers who are genuine honest people who have tried to get a bit of extra margin buying on the grey market and ended up going out of business because the software was NOT legal, sure it wasnt pirated it was genuinly made by MS, but it was OEM and for another market.

MS OWN the software and ONLY THEY can decide haw its sold, several higher courts have ruled in thier favour on this matter to the detriment of the small dealers and even trade distributors who have tried to buck the system.

I personally dont agree that MS should have this level of control over how thier software enters each market especialy in view of the fact that they have a worldwide monoploy. however the LEGAL position is as stated above.

if you ever see MS software at silly prices, I Guarantee its NOT LEGAL, the only legal way to get MS software is

1. buy it fully retail packed in a major high street store
    2. buy a bulk licence from a MS dealer (its actualy shipped to you direct from MS)
    3. Buy genuine OEM software from a MS authorised DSP (delivery service partner) there are only 4 of these in the UK, and you need a bonafide trade account with them to buy.

in all these cases there is no margin in the software, only MS ever makes any money, the down side of going outside this system is just to punative for anyone sane to do

all the rest you see is either a straight pirated copy, or an OEM version sold out of its official market and therefore not legal.

as MS are now chasing businesses and auditing thier software, if one as a trader sells this NONLEGAL software even in good faith you are open to being sued by the business who is your customer when MS audits them (and workers are now being enticed to rat on the boss with big cash payouts) and finds they have software that MS views as NON LEGAL and fines them thousands or tens or hundreds of thousands (as recently happened to several mid sizesd businesses who unwittingly got caught recently)

just because the key works, that doesnt make it legal

by the way, why do you think this company went bust, if it was legal and they had margin they would be swamped and making millions

regards

david

Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View thehoneyant's Feedback (+137)
    All-About thehoneyant
    View thehoneyant's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lisss001
    Hello, Sorry I cannot get these cds anymore. After two years trading softwarecds.com has closed. Actually the cds were 100% legal and did you see how old this post is ? LOOK AT THE DATE AND MY RATINGS THEY ARE ALL POSITIVE !!!
    they wern't.
    As bigusdave says, i am in no way casting aspersions at you, many people sell MS software truly believing it to be genuine,

Mike Klick" said in news:> http://www.softwarecds.com/
    >
    > Specifically:
    >
    > http://www.softwarecds.com/html/cds.html#5
    >
    > So what they are doing is illegal?
    >
    Those will be pirate sites selling a stolen copy of the 'volume license edition' - sometimes referred to as the 'corporate' edition by these people.
    You are correct, you can't upgrade with OEM. And I would stay as far away as possible from a seller who says activation is not needed.
    They are selling these retail to individuals, they are in breach of the corporate license, and are not reporting the installation to Microsoft. IOW it is stolen goods.(Windows Technologies)

by the way the updates to windows have been set to recognise the main corporate licence keys known to have been pirated, so when you apply the latest patches to the instalation it all locks up

Default COA Essential

The COA (Certificate of Authenticity" is the license. That is what you pay for, the disc is the means to use the license. The COA is the fundemental element of the product.

Regards
    Alan
    amaser1

How does it seem to be that this thread gets started, as i remember this thread was also started earlier on a few months ago and lisssoo1 said exactly the same thing then as she is now.
    It's true you can only supply OEM with a complete system or Base unit and it must be original.
    I have know a few honest people in my time who has also genuinely thought they was buying original cd's but have been taken too court and have been made to pay £1000's i felt sorry for him as he had no idea.
    Why do you think Microsoft is so rich.
    And the rules that they do have are so hard to understand, even for pc builders.
    And the customers that you do get expect you to throw in a disk or two for next to nothing, which you can't and explain this is the extra charge, you have to pay, so for us it make us the little man/woman hard too succeed and even more to be honest about what we do.
    Especially when you can get OEM out there at cheap price, but are they really worth the risk.

Default XP OEM;s

OEM are quite legal as long as it is sold with a critical part of a computer i.e
    processor fan.mouse. ram,or keyboard.I use them all the time when I build a computer system

All-About no_worries
    View no_worries's Listings
    Forum Posts

Can one of you knowledgeable blokes answer this for me? .......
    I have 3 computers here. 2 desktops and a laptop.
    They are all just basic computers for private use.
    They all run Win XP and each desktop pc came with it's own fancy disk and a sticker on the casing with a lot of numbers and letters (I'm guessing that this is the COA that folk talk about)
    The laptop came with a set of restore disks which includes win XP Pro + all the stuff specific to that laptop.
    So as far as I am aware, all my OS stuff is kosher, not that I would be absolutely devastated if it wasn't. I ain't all THAT anal, lol
    The question is, if one of the desktop PCs went belly up and needed a complete format and a clean install of XP Pro, would it make any difference which of the 2 XP Pro disks I used as long as I used the numbers and letters from the correct machine?
    I'd hate to think I was all legal and then MS decided to block one of my PCs just because I put the wrong disk in.
    Ta muchly.

Thread Information