Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: spoon help pls

Default spoon help pls

anyone know what this is?
    pls

Smile

Sort of looks like a fancy baby's spoon but what are the dimensions, and is there a maker on the back ---sterling or plated? Have some useful site links if you like - might help identifying.

View melboy's Feedback (+257)
    All-About melboy
    View melboy's Listings
    Forum Posts

...yeah....its 17cm long, spoon bit is 5cm diameter, no markings at all, very solid shiny appearance like h/d chrome but poss silver...I think the bad-ass gargoyle would not be on a tea spoon and may be the only clue..
    ............apart from that I dunno!

Some days you're the windscreen..others you're the fly.'ave it!

Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View thehoneyant's Feedback (+137)
    All-About thehoneyant
    View thehoneyant's Listings
    Forum Posts

It's probably SILVER STEEL made with , different faces and stones. possibly a (fairings) caddy spoon.

There was an exact one posted previously, and I found it, took me ages. !! It's a bummer I can't remember, cause all the old threads have been pulled.
    Will look later, 4U in my books.
    The value of a spoon is down to the buyer and the buyers own particular preferences.

View minkyrra's Feedback (+1752)
    All-About minkyrra
    View minkyrra's Listings
    Forum Posts

emma, is that you upside down in the reflection?

lol no it isn't
    i'm better looking
    its melboy lol
    its his spoon i just stuck this thread on for him

View minkyrra's Feedback (+1752)
    All-About minkyrra
    View minkyrra's Listings
    Forum Posts

is it?

ooer, i have never seen a picture of melboy before

have downloaded it and will turn it up the other way and see if i can work out what he looks like

Default old sterling spoon help!!

I have an old sterling silver spoon I want to know about.. I have searched the web for weeks and can not find one like it anywhere... on the handle of the spoon it has a picture of a lady standing and some type of bird at her side.. It may be a phoenix.. In the background of her there is a U.S. flag.. above her head looks to be a globe of the world. at her feet there is a wagon wheel and flowers and leaves... On the back of the handle there is a face of what lookslike a man. kinda looks likea pilgram... Below the face there is a flag that says F Y with a cross in the middle..
    F (cross) Y ....Above the F and Y there are two small crowns.. Below that is a date of 1492 and then some more leaves filling out the rest of handle... The spoon is stamped sterling.. any help would be great of identifying this spoon.. On the back bowl of the spoon it says Elizabeth. Any clues????

Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View thehoneyant's Feedback (+137)
    All-About thehoneyant
    View thehoneyant's Listings
    Forum Posts

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by aaronchad View Post
    I have an old sterling silver spoon I want to know about.. I have searched the web for weeks and can not find one like it anywhere... on the handle of the spoon it has a picture of a lady standing and some type of bird at her side.. It may be a phoenix.. In the background of her there is a U.S. flag.. above her head looks to be a globe of the world. at her feet there is a wagon wheel and flowers and leaves... On the back of the handle there is a face of what lookslike a man. kinda looks likea pilgram... Below the face there is a flag that says F Y with a cross in the middle..
    F (cross) Y ....Above the F and Y there are two small crowns.. Below that is a date of 1492 and then some more leaves filling out the rest of handle... The spoon is stamped sterling.. any help would be great of identifying this spoon.. On the back bowl of the spoon it says Elizabeth. Any clues????
    Wow the only thing I know about 1492 was Columbus sailed the Ocean Blue, and the US flag came to fruition in 1777,
    A Picture might help, if you can post one here.

But to keep you searching it could be a 1893 Chicago Worlds Fair Souvenir

Default spoon

wow thanks...I finnaly found a picture of it on the net..It is a Chicago Fair spoon... Thanks alot!!!
    Aaron

Thread Information