eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 'PC tax' could replace BBC licence fee

View jongla's Feedback (+52)
    All-About jongla
    View jongla's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dm47red
    I work for an audio visual firm and for each TV we sell we have to fill out a form for our customers and send it off so that the licencing know they have a tv.

On the PC side of things why on earth woudl you want to watch TV on your PC screen unless its a 19 inch or above. It makes much more sense to have your tv positioned so you can see it from your PC

Debbs
    Erm...ever heard of Microsoft Windows Media Centre? Its the great new thing to connect your computer with your tv and hifi. The main idea is to stream media between computers, tv's and other electronic items.

As stated previously, there are hundreds of channels available for free of the internet that you cannot get normally. This includes MTV, which you have to pay for over satellite/cable, but is free over the net.

I have bad reception through an aerial, so cannot watch normal tv when at my computer. That is why I watch streaming tv via the net - good quality if using broadband. My latest idea is to use the video-out socket on the computer to watch streaming tv from the net on my tv - normal tv but bypassing the need to have a license. Combine that with using Media Centre and you can watch tv from the net, listen to music, play games and type letters all from the sofa

Cybertrax - most of that went over my head but very impressive

But as you say yourself the main aim is to watch it on your main TV and just channel it through your PC so I think unteckie me will just stick to watching it on my TV in the first place

Debbs

Thread Information