My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Can't change password.

Question Can't change password.

I have made several attempts to change my password over the last couple of days, but keep getting a 'Database Re-indexing' screen. Is this a glitch?

Forum Newbie
    View izdat-u's Feedback (+270)
    All-About izdat-u
    View izdat-u's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thumbs down

I seem to have two passwords, one for KT and one for bidding etc. Have tried to change the latter but gives me the same problem.

When I tried to tell management about the prob, all they came back with was "...................your user name is........and your password is..............."!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul

Unhappy

I'll just leave it a while and see if they sort it out.

Forum Newbie
    View izdat-u's Feedback (+270)
    All-About izdat-u
    View izdat-u's Listings
    Forum Posts

Is anyone listening or is eBid turning in to another eBay?????

I did try to communicate the fact that my password had been changed by eBid "...for security reasons". Response given was worded in the vain that I had forgotten my user name and my p/word! The, seemingly, automatic reply was such that my ID was exactly the same but that my password was the new allocated p/word and that my account was in order!

When I tried to log in to KT with the new password - illegal p/word. Using old p/word - allowed.

Tried to bid on item using old p/word, after having "changed" it - not allowed - new p/word - allowed!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAY I HAVE A RESPONSE - PLEASE?

Paul (Izdat-u)

Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View thehoneyant's Feedback (+137)
    All-About thehoneyant
    View thehoneyant's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have 2 passwords one for the forum, home browsing etc.,
    the other for my ebid i.e. anything that has anything to do with the ACTUAL buying or selling.
    The 2 will not mix. perhaps it all stems from the security problem.

I too had to mail regarding the inability to log in correctly, and it took me a while, before the penny dropped. it was the WAY I tried to log in, not a system fault. ? well I was.

Default Can't change password

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who is getting really fed up with this. I've been trying for the last couple of months to change my password to something I will remember rather than the unmemorable one I have been allocated, and like everyone
    else, I keep getting this blue database indexing page which promises it will be ok in 2 minutes. Needless to say it's lying. As for contacting Ebid, well what a joke that turned out to be. I didn't even get a reply.
    Does anyone out there know how to get around this problem????

Beyond a joke. Just tried again without success. Reckon I'll put up no more auctions until I get a new password. Fed up with having to get my head round the one I was re-issued with.

Thread Information