eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spirituality & Metaphysical - PLEASE make it a TOP LEVEL CATEGORY!!!

Battersea, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View rainbowcraft's Feedback (+2067)
    All-About rainbowcraft
    View rainbowcraft's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Spirituality & Metaphysical - PLEASE make it a TOP LEVEL CATEGORY!!!

Hi guys,

Spirituality & Metaphysical REALLY REALLY needs to be moved out of "Whatevers Left" to become its own Parent category...once it is, not only will all the regs load it with more variety, all the people who didn't even know it was there before will start using it!

All the while it's in "Whatevers Left" its sat alongside the Adult and Bizarre categories, which doesn't look that good, especially now you're in the US...

PLEASE....you are missing out on a massive chunk of listings....

Thanks guys

Definitely agree. Most of my stuff is in that category and it's so large no one can be bothered to scroll through it all.

Nakhon Ratchasima Thailand (Not Singapore), Singapore, United Kingdom
    View gazlannathai's Feedback (+796)
    All-About gazlannathai
    View gazlannathai's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yep - absolutely agree

Now what have I got in Spirituality and Metaphysical ......

Already listed ....

• Buddhist & Hindu Stoneware bas-relief plaques
    • Buddhist & Hindu ceramic figures
    • Incense
    • Incense accessories
    • Herbs & Spices
    • Dragon & Naga stuff
    • Other religious stuff
    • Essential Oils
    That's just a few as I type - list would be longer if I sat and thought about it. None of that is what you would normally expect to be in the same area as Adult and sexual "toys" is it?

I know the boys sometimes get confused by all the double-entendre in the forums but the S&M of Spirituality and Metaphysical should never be confused with the SM of Sado-Masochism - the two need widely seperated in the category structure.

In 2003, Gazza said if we had 1000 listings in S&M it would go to top level.
    In 2004, he changed the goalpost to 2000
    In 2005, will it be increased again?

View sweetmimi's Feedback (+522)
    All-About sweetmimi
    View sweetmimi's Listings
    Forum Posts

Oh I wondered where it had gone kept looking for it an hour ago, Not very nice for it to be with the adult listings now is it,

It has always been there Babs.. hence people wanting it moved.

<Must say I do think it is about time it was moved into it's own category... and I aint saying that just cos I list the majority of my stuff there... LOL

Sometimes on some lists I am on people ask where they can get hold of this that and the other.... I direct people here as there is a wealth of items here that they are after..... if it was a top category more people would realise it was here... and Spirituality is a *big thing* at the moment! (well.. has been for a long time.... but there you go! lol )

Battersea, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View rainbowcraft's Feedback (+2067)
    All-About rainbowcraft
    View rainbowcraft's Listings
    Forum Posts

I just had a quick look - there are 1949 listings in UK, and 327 in the US...

There would be loads more if this category was top level...

Nakhon Ratchasima Thailand (Not Singapore), Singapore, United Kingdom
    View gazlannathai's Feedback (+796)
    All-About gazlannathai
    View gazlannathai's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rainbowcraft
    I just had a quick look - there are 1949 listings in UK, and 327 in the US...

There would be loads more if this category was top level...
    Bounce those figures at Gazza along with his quote of 2000 for it to become top level

Let's see if it happens

Forum Diehard
    All-About mfkirke
    View mfkirke's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default While you are about it...

How about moving Adult into a top level category?

How about moving it into the trash can? but that is my personal opinion and I know you are not going to do it. When I am bored or can't sleep I wander through Just Bizarre and other whatever's left categories and report all the mick taking sellers who post smut in the wrong place. No, I'm not broadminded - I would much prefer a site without any of it, but if it were a top level category it might be an incentive for sellers to post it where it belongs.
    Last edited by mfkirke; 23rd February 2005 at 05:58 AM.
    Madelaine

I have two ebid stores. This is for Cats Protection;Lots of beanies, fast food toys, random collectables, some new children's clothes - almost anything really.
    this is business and sells skeleton leaves, Thai silk, various vintage postcards, more random collectables
    Both sell discontinued china tableware.

I don't have a problem with adult stuff, but as you say, I would prefer it in its own category, preferably only accessed by someone proven to be over 18 (some sites insist on credit card numbers as evidence, not sure how effective that is though), but definitely no adult on the front page.

As someone who sells adult stuff ... I never try to frontpage my stuff .. if you want it you have to look for it .... but it would be nice if the adult section of this site had it's own front page etc .... For the record it is in it's own category ... I appreciate a lot of people get offended by it and as long as it's in it's own category you don't have to look at it ..... Unfortunately life is not so simple that we all play happy families and have great partnerships ... there is a seriously big market out there ranging from lonely people incapable of forming what ppl refer to as "normal relaionships" to the totally sexually inadequate. You can't just exclude those ppl from life.

Thread Information