Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Welcome to New Members

Talking Hi another newbie here

Hi everyone,
    Here to set up a shop, have one on ebay but getting stung for it - I'm sure you all know how that is!
    Did'nt know about this site till I went to a local "craft" shop to ask if they would set up a link to my new personal internet shop and they told be about ebid.
    Came here first thing this morning and here I am!

So my shop will include household bits and bobs, clothes, books, childrens stuff, you know the usual bits!
    Also though I will be putting some of the homemade jewellery that is my speciality!
    While I am here, does anyone know if it is ok to put a bit on my listings about my new shop, if I put a link to my ebid shop on my new site. I am not sure of the rules but I bet someone on here is!

So looking forward to meeting you all and doing business for years to come!

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View maroy41's Feedback (+1089)
    All-About maroy41
    View maroy41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhitbyShtokan View Post
    Hi, I have just registered with ebid, I have miss-spelled my username, how can I correct it before I start using ebid/. I cannot find anyway to contact ebid to report this, there are no contact addresses or phone numbers.
    Hi Whitby click on this linksupport@ebid.tv and send a message to Gazza or Mark and they will sort it out for you, welcome to all the newbies by the by
    Last edited by minx41; 14th July 2008 at 09:13 AM.
    Great books reasonable prices please click on the logo below and browse around I have quite a selection for you to choose from.

Some great Dvd's --->
    Here

Wow minx - that picture, yummy! Do you know also how I set up sigs for on here and do they just have to be for ebid shops or can I link to my eshop on here as well?
    Any advice gratefully received as don't want to break any rules,
    Thanks xxx

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View maroy41's Feedback (+1089)
    All-About maroy41
    View maroy41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 2690Nicola View Post
    Wow minx - that picture, yummy! Do you know also how I set up sigs for on here and do they just have to be for ebid shops or can I link to my eshop on here as well?
    Any advice gratefully received as don't want to break any rules,
    Thanks xxx
    He is rather yummy isn't he

I think it is only for the shops on here, I don't think we are allowed to link to other sites from here, I may be wrong but you can check out the rules or someone with more knowledge than me will come along and give you an answer. Welcome to ebid by the way it's a great site you should love it here...I do
    Great books reasonable prices please click on the logo below and browse around I have quite a selection for you to choose from.

Some great Dvd's --->
    Here

View spineywood's Feedback (+16)
    All-About spineywood
    View spineywood's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi 2690Nicola
    A warm welcome to ebid from another recent convert

Spiney

Smile

Afternoon.

Hi Nicola, I see you live the same place as me You are only allowed to link to ebid in your signature, OK to help you get started add a signature link to your posts so us nosey lot have an easy link to your items whilst reading the forums, read this thread http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=100959 then fill in some info on Your About Me Page so people know about you as a seller. Perhaps buy a few things to kickstart your feedback over here, always looks better than a zero, ( I have some nice cheap prints ) have a look at my listings to see how I dealt with the zero feedback problem when I started.

Then email all YOUR (not Greedbay's they are a venue, they keep telling us) customers, and tell them where you are, give them a link to your listings. Grab the records while you can and from paypal records as well. That should keep you busy for a bit, and shout if you need a hand. Additional body parts incur a small fee Oh and finally read the forums there is a lot of useful information on here.

These threads may help opening a store.

step by step with images for opening a store
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showpost.ph...postcount=2%20

Adding Categories
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showpost.ph...74&postcount=5
    and subcategories
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showpost.ph...77&postcount=6
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Forum Newbie
    All-About WhitbyShotokan
    View WhitbyShotokan's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Whitbyshtokan

Quote Originally Posted by minx41 View Post
    Hi Whitby click on this linksupport@ebid.tv and send a message to Gazza or Mark and they will sort it out for you, welcome to all the newbies by the by
    Thank you Mark, I will try that

Forum Newbie
    View Grabagiftonline's Feedback (+1)
    All-About Grabagiftonline
    View Grabagiftonline's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by minx41 View Post
    That's ok now, nice stuff you have there
    Thank you, I'm glad you like. Some more items waiting to be uploaded to the watch store.

Will make you all aware via the plug auction thread when ready.

Have a feeling in my water that the first sales from Ebid will come this week.

Hi everyone. Thanks for all the help and welcomes. Have not answered sooner as was busy uploading stuff in my shop. Keep an eye open as I havent scratched the surface.
    Sorry to harp on but does anyone know if it is possible to advertise on here at all. Only I am opening a new shop online as we speak, selling something different to what I sell on here and I have no idea how to get the word about. I know "ebay" wont let me do it but wondered if it was even possible to buy a bit of advertising on here. I have been told this site is great for local business!

Now here's hoping the sig works lol
    Last edited by 2690Nicola; 14th July 2008 at 03:52 PM.

POSTAGE AND PACKAGING CAN BE COMBINED ON PURCHASES FROM ANY OF MY SHOPS.

SO HAVE A BROWSE, LOOK AROUND,
    SOMETHING WONDERFUL MAY BE FOUND!

Books
    Bits and bobs!
    Charming things!
    Jewellery

Thread Information