Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 25 of 1167 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435751255251025 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to New Members

Default Hey everyone im new - check out my sale items

Hi everyone....just completed my registration

Looks like a great site

Smile I Just want to say hello to everyone.

Hello, I am new on ebid, I just started today. I have been selling on ebay, overstock, yahoo, ioffer, livedeal ect. for the last 2-3 years and I know I'm going to like ebid because there are no auction fees.

Smile well I wonder what happened

good morning all,I bid for a chair to use while fishing,the lady in question phoned me and asked my e mail address,she was supposed to be e mailing me the details,just like a woman she chose her perogative to change her mind I suppose huh??

perhaps you are not selling what is wanted,errrrrr you dont happen to have a Pontiac firebird going cheap do you by any chance lol

Thumbs up New Member

Hi all you budding buyer / sellers just joined weekend looks great for both buy / sell just posted my holiday home if any one wants to see if i've done it properly look tavel>accomidation>caravan I think. Sorry if i'm braking any rules just need help.... cheers vinnyo

Battersea, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View rainbowcraft's Feedback (+2067)
    All-About rainbowcraft
    View rainbowcraft's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by minkyrra
    *laughs*

ok, its a bit of a long and boring story but here goes.....

first off, the way i pronounce the name is different from how a lot of people do.

its min kearah, though people here think its minky rah,
    like some cheerleader chant

my name is often confused with another members - slinkyri,
    i have always thought her name was prounced slin kyri, but i think its slinky ri, the minx.

why minky?

minky... popped into my head one day as an alternative to mini, something a dutch friend kept calling me.

i have no idea why they would wish to call me mini, as i am 5ft 8 (taller than they are) and my screen name at the time was inanna.

i really didnt like mini as it made me think of minnie mouse. big round ears and white shoes two sizes too big are just not me.

so to save me from nightmares, a new name had to be found and so was born minky.

in my naivety i thought i had created the name from nowhere. i later found out that i shared it with a range of teddybears, millions of cats, an anime princess and a range of ironing board covers.

the kyrra part, comes from kyra, which is roughly the female version of my middle name.

yes, i have a male middle name.

yes, i am female

the male middle name is my dads first name.

it would have been my surname if i had been born in the country that my father was born.

instead i have his surname, which is my grandfathers first name.... are you still with me?

*laughs!*

so for instance if i was born in his country and was male, and my name was george bush, and i had a child that i called hairy, the childs name would be hairy george (not hairy bush, which is a relief)

however, why anyone would want to call their child hairy is beyond me.

have i lost you yet?

so that is how minkyrra came about

PMSL @ NOT hairy bush!!!!!!!!!!

Smile First timer

Hi everyone
    Just found out about this site and thought I would give it a try.
    I am at present a huge member in the rival site E-Bay.
    Maybe some one can give some hot tips on how to improve myself on this site and maybe convert me.
    Well take care all and happy bidding
    Regards
    Kevin

View minkyrra's Feedback (+1752)
    All-About minkyrra
    View minkyrra's Listings
    Forum Posts

hi everyone

welcome to ebid and the kt

goodluck with your buying and selling

be sure to check out the other areas of the forums for information

tips can be picked up from various areas in the forums, remember there is always the kt for general chat, look forward to seeing you there.

im more of a regular buyer than seller, so if any advice needed on buying... feel free to ask

see you on the kt

best wishes

bel
    Last edited by minkyrra; 14th April 2005 at 02:56 PM.

Smile New To The Fold!

Hi I Decided To Give E Bid A Go After Getting Frustrated With Other Auction Sites Inflated Costs.I am Still Finding My Feet But Hope I Have Made A Wise Decision, I Suppose Only Time Will Tell.I Look Forward To A New Selling/buying Experience! And Making New Friends.

Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View thehoneyant's Feedback (+137)
    All-About thehoneyant
    View thehoneyant's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by superstar01
    Hi I Decided To Give E Bid A Go After Getting Frustrated With Other Auction Sites Inflated Costs.I am Still Finding My Feet But Hope I Have Made A Wise Decision, I Suppose Only Time Will Tell.I Look Forward To A New Selling/buying Experience! And Making New Friends.

Hi and welcome! to eBid and the KT, and good luck with your sales. Just move further down the Kitchen Table pull up a chair and join in with the chat .

Thread Information