Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Welcome to New Members

Forum Newbie
    All-About nibhrin
    View nibhrin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Welcome to New Members

hi just recently joined and tried to take my listings over from ebay using the ninja program no joy anyone have any luck with this?

Forum Newbie
    All-About nibhrin
    View nibhrin's Listings
    Forum Posts

cheers for the welcome cornishmaid but i thought that would be owners of the sites department to shout the sites existence from the roof tops they don"t seem to be reinvesting the cash back i have just recently joined and am glad i didn't pay a fee,i don't want to seem negative i will give it a go but first impression not very good this site seems very dated search engine seems like it has covid19 it doesn't try very hard.
    Getting back to advertising you see quite a lot of new sites advertised on tv these days run of the mill clothes shops ect this site has been going a long time unless you are a seller you will only come across this site by looking for alternatives to ebay
    makes you wonder what these people are doing with the fees they claim?

Quote Originally Posted by nibhrin View Post
    cheers for the welcome cornishmaid but i thought that would be owners of the sites department to shout the sites existence from the roof tops they don"t seem to be reinvesting the cash back i have just recently joined and am glad i didn't pay a fee,i don't want to seem negative i will give it a go but first impression not very good this site seems very dated search engine seems like it has covid19 it doesn't try very hard.
    Getting back to advertising you see quite a lot of new sites advertised on tv these days run of the mill clothes shops ect this site has been going a long time unless you are a seller you will only come across this site by looking for alternatives to ebay
    makes you wonder what these people are doing with the fees they claim?
    Welcome, sorry you're disappointed.

I see this a lot from new sellers, however if you rented a brick and mortar shop, would you expect the owner to advertise on your behalf? Of course this is me taking it to the extreme with this, but personally for such low fee's, I expect to do my own advertising.
    Of course this site could start advertising more, however to cover that cost, they would then most likely increase the fee's, maybe even stick a fee onto P&P stc...

I'm not trying to put you or anyone else down, but this "attitude/perception" seems to be quite promoinent for those who join recently, Not giving the site a chance, and expecting Ebay style sales straight away.

Just my 2 pence worth.
    Jason
    BigKidsAttic - Action Figure Adoption Agency (Fee's Appy), and supplier of collectible comics.

Quote Originally Posted by nibhrin View Post
    i have just recently joined and am glad i didn't pay a fee,i don't want to seem negative i will give it a go but first impression not very good this site seems very dated search engine seems like it has covid19 it doesn't try very hard.
    Hi and welcome to ebid.

Like you I've not paid the Seller+ fee, neither have I opened a shop or spent any time self-advertising beyond putting flyers in packages sold on the other site. Yet I get some sales here every year.

I look at it this way. My sales here may be small in number, but this site is only about one tenth the size of obay.uk. In a similar length of time selling there, despite much higher fees paying for advertising they haven't managed to produce ten times the sales for me. If I put in more effort here I might do even better and my sales here overtake those on the other site.

I can't agree with your view of the ebid search. The management here doesn't use visibility in the search results as a stick to beat sellers with. It is key-word based, which means that I've been able to find my listings by searching each and every key-word I've included in the title. In whatever combination. You can't say that about the other site's search which is biased towards listings that produce quick sales and buries listings for rare or slow selling items that don't.

Good luck for your sales here, just don't give up too soon.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Forum Newbie
    All-About amotorola
    View amotorola's Listings
    Forum Posts

hola, gracias a todos por darme la bienvenida.

Hello! I'm Stephen from Canada. Just started sell this week and had my first sale today. It also gave me my first question...
    I have my international shipping set as "varies on location", and have a handling fee of $1.00, but on the invoice for the buyer he has no shipping fee to pay. Even my handling fee is absent. All he's listed as paying is the item price. I'm going to get screwed if eBid doesn't let me fit this. I tried at the invoice stage but it just says "Shipping amount already calculated above". Suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by k9metaldog View Post
    Hello! I'm Stephen from Canada. Just started sell this week and had my first sale today. It also gave me my first question...
    I have my international shipping set as "varies on location", and have a handling fee of $1.00, but on the invoice for the buyer he has no shipping fee to pay. Even my handling fee is absent. All he's listed as paying is the item price. I'm going to get screwed if eBid doesn't let me fit this. I tried at the invoice stage but it just says "Shipping amount already calculated above". Suggestions?
    Hi, Welcome, and congratulations on your sale.

I had a similar problem when I had my international postage set to "Not Known", where the buyer could pay for an item even when no postage costs had been given. I had to contact the buyer and give them the choice of sending an invoice via Paypal for the postage, or just cancelling the transaction.
    The only way round this for future sales is to actually set up postage price options for international locations.

I had suggested that the option "Not Known" be reworded to "Contact Seller", but it hasn'r happened.

Hope this helps.
    Jason
    BigKidsAttic - Action Figure Adoption Agency (Fee's Appy), and supplier of collectible comics.

Thanks! At least I'll have time to change the options in the rest of my stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by k9metaldog View Post
    Hi Stephen.

I looked at one of your listings and I clicked on the calculate shipping button. No shipping information came up for me. I've never used the calculate shipping option on my listings so I don't know anything about it.

Most of my items are lettermail / letterpost or small packet. I have shipping defaults set up for various weights and categories, so when Canada Post changes rates it is easy to change shipping on the majority of my items. The ones that have to go regular parcel in Canada are recorded in a spreadsheet and I have a look at shipping costs individually when rates go up.

Congratulations on your sale.

Hello! My Seller's name is SUPERHERO SANCTUM (My USA Trademark and Copyright)and I've been selling Comic Books and Superhero and Monster Merchandise for over 35 years! I ship the next day after payment and appreciate you looking at my posts! I love meeting Collector's and great people! I have written two Books about Comic Book Trivia, both on sale in my Listings! Thanks for Looking!! Joseph

Thread Information