Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Welcome to New Members

Forum Newbie
    All-About dlt9254
    View dlt9254's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Welcome to New Members

Hello Everyone.. been here for a few months and just found this forum.... haven't sold anything yet, but still trying... any advice would be appreciated... hope to talk with you soon - Donna

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome, Donna! Glad you are here...………...and that you found the Forum!! People are very helpful here, so if you have questions, best place is to go to the Kitchen Table thread, and start a post asking your questions.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Forum Newbie
    All-About dlt9254
    View dlt9254's Listings
    Forum Posts

okay, will do, thank you for the reply

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Also, a good place to start is the top R of the page.....see the Q's and A's (FAQ's) especially for buying and selling.....loads of good advice.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dlt9254 View Post
    Hello Everyone.. been here for a few months and just found this forum.... haven't sold anything yet, but still trying... any advice would be appreciated... hope to talk with you soon - Donna
    Some things you could try if you haven't already:

• Avoid listing as Run Until Sold or n days from First Bid, as both leave your listings at the bottom of default search results.[1]
    • Include a BuyNow price in your listings to make them eligible for upload to Google - many sales come from there.
    • Include as many relevant keywords in your item titles as possible. This will increase their chances of being found during searches.
    • Make your descriptions sufficiently detailed. Ask yourself what you would want to know if you were condidering buying the item.
    • Use good and in focus images of a reasonable size (the bigger the better). A tiny and/or blurred image puts off buyers.
    • Ensure that you include Product Identifiers in your listings - or claim a Google exemption for each item that genuinely has none.
    • Consider using a listing type that includes a thumbnail image in search/browsing results; it is widely felt that buyers pass by those without.
    • Make your items available to overseas buyers (if you do not already). Do not ignore potential markets for your items.
    • Complete your eBid My All About Me page giving potential customers information about yourself, your sales/returns policies, etc.
    • Promote eBid whenever and wherever the opportunity arises (and even when and where it does not). Try to bring in customers.
    • Without 'spamming' and upsetting people - try and let any previous customers know that you are now selling on eBid.
    • Print up some eBid stickers to affix to all your parcels and envelopes. Spread the word. Postal workers are buyers too.
    • If you have feedback earned on other selling sites, consider requesting eBid import it to get your feedback started.
    • Maybe make some small purchases to get your feedback above zero. Feedback over 5 removes the 'newbie' icon. [2]
    • Make use of your forums signature to add links directing other forum users to your store(s) or your My All About Me page.[3]
    • If you are into Social Networking sites (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.), make use of them to promote your items for sale.
    • Use the Plug Your Auctions forum to advertise your wares and any special offers you are running.[4]
    • Several fellow eBid users have pages for free promotion of your stores; take advantage of them to increase your visibility.

Notes:
    [1] These listing formats can be very useful to some sellers, but you should understand their drawbacks before using them.

[2] The monthly YDC charity events are a good way to start your feedback off while having some fun and helping a worthy cause.

[3] Do not link to individual items in your forums signature as that would breach eBid's rules. Use the Plug Your Auctions forum for individual item promotion.

[4] You are allowed only one thread in the Plug Your Auctions forum to promote your sales and may only 'bump' (to raise to the top of the thread list by posting a new message to your own thread) your thread once in every 24 hours. If you want to create a new thread delete the old one first and then create the new one - this counts as your daily bump. Do not plug your items in any other forum. Violation of these conditions can result in your thread(s) being deleted and you being suspended (or banned for repeated infractions) from using the forums.
    Last edited by astral276; 7th January 2019 at 12:41 PM.

Forum Newbie
    All-About SarahT69
    View SarahT69's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by razamakaz View Post
    Stick around the forums for stupidity and lighthearted fun! You must have an open mind though
    I love a bit of FUN Xx

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I promise we can also be serious

Forum Newbie
    All-About B4Books
    View B4Books's Listings
    Forum Posts

I just signed up and excited about getting started so hi everyone...

Forum Newbie
    All-About B4Books
    View B4Books's Listings
    Forum Posts

Is it an easy way to list books

Forum Newbie
    All-About dlt9254
    View dlt9254's Listings
    Forum Posts

how do I get started with knowing the shipping cost for over seas sales? I can't seem to figure it out

Thread Information