Thread: Welcome to New Members

View purplestevie's Feedback (+8205)
    All-About purplestevie
    View purplestevie's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Welcome to New Members

Quote Originally Posted by Talyinka View Post
    Hi to all.

I've decided to try out ebid after tiring of the competition (where the customer is always wrong).

I restore antiques, mainly clocks and automatons, and turn over a couple of grand per month on auctions. I have so far only listed two items on ebid (of around 200 waiting) and find this web site extremely slow and cumbersome - probably need to find some listing tools. Where do you set all your standard defaults to be repeated on all listings, e.g. postage, returns policy and excluded counties?

Also, aren't you supposed to be able to import from Ebay somehow?

Also, five pictures is completely inadequate for the items I sell - 12 is a good number.

Anyway, I'll give it a go - so far not impressed.
    Go to my ebid
    then
    My Options
    My All About Me

My BlackBall - ban non payers

My Buddy Points - save up your buddy points and obtain free parcel tape

My Bulk Edit * useful tool

My Bulk Upload - i presume this imports from ebay but not sure because i started from scratch

My Defaults * for returns, policys, excluded countries etc

My Emails

My eBid Stores *

My Favourites

My Feedback

My Fees & Invoices

My Gallery

My Notices - will appear on every listing, holiday setting available

My Personal Details

My Subscription - i opted for seller+ lifetime

My Social Networks - join ebid pinterest, facebook, twitter get 20 buddy points for each joined

you will save money here

If you need extra images use photobucket although i agree 5 images including gallery is probably not enough for some items.

This is not ebay all auctions sites are different and have their own ways of doing things nothing ventured nothing gained ive only been selling here 2 - 3 years follow all advice given http://uk.ebid.net/help_selling.php

Forum Newbie
    Loughborough, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
    All-About Talyinka
    View Talyinka's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks for your help, Stevie .

That will make it easier for me to get to grips with the site.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Talyinka View Post
    Thanks for your help, Stevie .

That will make it easier for me to get to grips with the site.
    Here's a link to Astral's Knowledge-based thread for New Users - much invaluable info is there...

http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...%27s+New+Users

and Welcome to eBid and the Forum from me...

Forum Newbie
    All-About winwinsolutions
    View winwinsolutions's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cool Re: Welcome to New Members

Season's Greetings eBidders!

After more than a decade of buying and selling on eBay, I've now (at last, I hear you sigh!) seen the light and have signed up with eBid today.

The fees charged by eBay are blatantly EXTORTIONATE. And after years of eBay pressing Sellers to reduce Shipping Charges, I've just realised that they recently changed the Rules (in their favour, of course) and now charge 10% Final Value Fees on the Shipping costs too. As far as I'm concerned this is THEFT and exposes the true scale of the greed in that organisation

Frankly, it's a disgrace. The Directors who made this decision should hold their heads in shame. Mind you, treating people like that will come back to haunt them and they'll find that they can't buy happiness and health, no matter how much money they steal. I've no doubt that their serial dishonesty already infects the whole breadth of their miserable and unfulfilling lives.

Rather than simply moan, however, I've taken immediate rataliatory action and have signed up for a Seller+ Lifetime subscription with eBid.

With grateful thanks to all those who had the sense and faith the create and support eBid from the outset. I'll do my best to ensure that my association with eBid will result in win-win solutions with all future trading partners.

Best wishes to you all.

winwinsolutions

View sucadot's Feedback (+845)
    All-About sucadot
    View sucadot's Listings
    Forum Posts

welcome winwin and all other new members

This link is a very useful guide for new members compiled by Astral -

http://www.mootango.webspace.virginmedia.com/ebidkb.htm

hth
    [SIGPIC]
    view my listings here

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by winwinsolutions View Post
    Season's Greetings eBidders!

After more than a decade of buying and selling on eBay, I've now (at last, I hear you sigh!) seen the light and have signed up with eBid today.

The fees charged by eBay are blatantly EXTORTIONATE. And after years of eBay pressing Sellers to reduce Shipping Charges, I've just realised that they recently changed the Rules (in their favour, of course) and now charge 10% Final Value Fees on the Shipping costs too. As far as I'm concerned this is THEFT and exposes the true scale of the greed in that organisation

Frankly, it's a disgrace. The Directors who made this decision should hold their heads in shame. Mind you, treating people like that will come back to haunt them and they'll find that they can't buy happiness and health, no matter how much money they steal. I've no doubt that their serial dishonesty already infects the whole breadth of their miserable and unfulfilling lives.

Rather than simply moan, however, I've taken immediate rataliatory action and have signed up for a Seller+ Lifetime subscription with eBid.

With grateful thanks to all those who had the sense and faith the create and support eBid from the outset. I'll do my best to ensure that my association with eBid will result in win-win solutions with all future trading partners.

Best wishes to you all.

winwinsolutions
    Welcome to eBid winwin! Had a peek at your listing and all about page...two suggestions:

1. Put some info on your all about page...people will feel more comfortable after "getting to know you" a bit!

2. Your listing...try to avoid using RUS (run until sold) as your listing(s) will literally sit at the bottom of the category pile and never move up for better views by potential buyers. I run my listings 10 days with 10 auto-relists...that gives me 100 days before I have to mess with them to do a physical relist! Also, as you are a seller+ your listing(s) would be uploaded to Google Shopping automatically by eBid if you put a UPC/MPN number and manufacturer in them...just FYI.

Wishing you all the best and again, welcome aboard!

View purplestevie's Feedback (+8205)
    All-About purplestevie
    View purplestevie's Listings
    Forum Posts

Should Astral's guide be in a more prominent place?? and is the guide up todate?

I cant seem to post a listing
    so what am i doingg worng

I totally agree winwinsolutions.
    I have done the same thing after ebay sneaked in the new terms about postage fees. Whats more if you offer postage discount on multiple sales, as I do, they still charge you for each individual item. So it now costs me to send if I combine five items.
    I've just joined here on the Seller + lifetime subscription too. It seems such a bargain.
    I've been selling stamps on other sites for some time so hope that this site will prove successful.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome to all the new Folk ~ great to have you here.

Link to Astral's thread with lots of hints & tips for new users is here:

http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...%27s+New+Users

Attachment 43280 Attachment 43281

Thread Information