eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Welcome to New Members

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Welcome to New Members

Quote Originally Posted by babsmunley View Post
    Hi, I am babs and new to this, been on E bay for years and so, so fed up with it, can anyone offer me some words of comfort as so nervous about the move, I mainly deal in health and beauty stuff and need a bit of encouragement................
    Welcome to ebid.
    Don't be nervous, just start listing and see how it goes.
    You should do well with health and beauty.
    There is lots of help and advice on these forums.

Cool Re: Welcome to New Members

Hi, I am new to ebid (just signed up today and already made the plunge as a lifetime member). I usually check things out better before I put money into something, but I am tired of the high Ebay selling fees. I sold on Ebay for several years and have many items that I want to sell now, but find it quite depressing to give away so much money. I would really like Ebay to get some real competition, though I know it will take some time for that to happen. I know that ebid doesn't get near as many hits as Ebay, but I think I can be patient since I haven't listed anything for over two years. Someone please tell me that I made the right decision, (I mean if they really believe it themselves).

I live in California, repair computers, and work on electronics when I get the time. I will be selling electronic and computer related items for the most part, though I have some beanie babies and other items for sale.

I would really like to see ebid take off and become a real competitor. Just how fast is ebid growing anyway? I sure hope I made the right decision...

Forum Newbie
    View otographz's Feedback (+1524)
    All-About otographz
    View otographz's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi everyone, I have just made the migration from you-know-which-site to eBid, just like many others in the past, reasons being all the same. Just a short intro, my company specializes in sports memorabilia since the 90s, and I have more than 7 years of experience (Silver Powerseller, Top-Rated Seller, but all vanished within 1 single bad month... you know the standard downfall of many sellers selling on you-know-which-site) and I hope to be part of the eBid community and help out any fellow members in any way I can. I have been reading the forum posts for a few weeks, joined yesterday, and this is my first post on eBid (and hopefully many more to come). I hope to have a great stay and experience here.

From reading the posts, I now need to work now on importing my feedback (done! It only took a couple of hours, very very impressed with the efficiency of the eBid team), quickly grasp the rules of selling on eBid and do up my store. If I tripped somewhere, offended anyone, I would first like to say I don't mean to because this is one big family (unlike you-know-which-site). I respect and know the forum rules, I always search for answers to any questions I have (likely to be posted and answered before) before posting and irritating members.

I guess that's all for my first post, cya all around guys!

Lee

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: murano31

Forum Newbie
    All-About tarbhess
    View tarbhess's Listings
    Forum Posts

hi new to ebid i liked the option to have a lifetime sellers package instead of having to worry about fee after fee after fee after fee, with other fee inundated sites. i hail from the vancouver washington area just north of portland oregon. Hope to put some stuff up that everyone likes =)

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome!! You live in a wonderful state (I used to live in Marysville and Stanwood). If you have questions, just ask......great place to start is to click the help button and read all the FAQ's on the left.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Quote Originally Posted by tarbhess View Post
    hi new to ebid i liked the option to have a lifetime sellers package instead of having to worry about fee after fee after fee after fee, with other fee inundated sites. i hail from the vancouver washington area just north of portland oregon. Hope to put some stuff up that everyone likes =)
    Please keep in mind that once you have the lifetime membership there is no fee unless you use a gallery picture on your listing. IF you use a gallery picture on listing, you will have a 2% FVF if the item sells. But if you don't use a gallery picture on listing, you will have 0% FVF if the item sells. But I thought it was a great deal for the money and went that way myself and have never regretted it.

Of course there are other fees you can incur so check this page out: http://us.ebid.net/help_selling.php#2

Hope this helps. Welcome to ebid.
    Last edited by florida33549; 23rd August 2012 at 10:52 PM.

Forum Newbie
    All-About aleanna
    View aleanna's Listings
    Forum Posts

hi guys i am from las vegas nv, and i am very new to ebid, dount even know where to begin

Quote Originally Posted by aleanna View Post
    hi guys i am from las vegas nv, and i am very new to ebid, dount even know where to begin
    Welcome. Watch the HTVs [how to videos] to get started. Click 'help' at the top of any page and the HTVs will be on the left side of page. Hope this helps.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thread Information