Thread: Only a few things needed really

Forum Newbie
    View wildbear6's Feedback (+7)
    All-About wildbear6
    View wildbear6's Listings
    Forum Posts

Arrow Only a few things needed really

Hi,

Only a few things this site need to make it even more user friendly and more popular.

1. Where you type in the description of your auction by default you have to use HTML, this is no problem to me, as i used to be a web designer. but for many i can see this being off putting. What you should do is (and i hate to bring this up or mention the name) use something like eBay use, where its a single window you first see with two tabs above it so you can look at and input in normal like how you would in a word document, or if you click the HTML tab you can do your own coding. would just make things easy. BUT make it better then eBays, by letting people use more font and colour types and more inserts then ebay use.

2. When making an auction you should have the ability to deside when you with the auction to be listed, for example i make the auction at 12pm but i have set it not to start till 8pm so it can start at 8pm and run for 7days or untill its been ended.

3. when doing multi item auction (and i have done one on this site before) when 1 items sells that should be it for the 1 that sold, when i did my multi item auction on ebid when i sodl a few the auction still ran and i could not acoully contact them like how u normally could coz the way you have it runnin here is so the lowest bid is what everyone pays. it should be like so if you have 10 itmes and someone gets 1 the auction has ended for him and he can pay right away and the deal with him is over and you have 9itmes left now.

4. multi catagory listings. so if you want your item in more then one place you can do using the same auction, so if i have a power lead for example i could list it un xbox hardware and playstation hareware using the same auction,... like you can do using ebay :s

**** Thats all I can think of... by the way i didnt check for spelling or anything in this, just type and let it go... is only a forum. ****

Thank you for your time and you hope you take note to some of the stuff I have said

wildbear6@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by wildbear6
    Hi,

Only a few things this site need to make it even more user friendly and more popular.

1. Where you type in the description of your auction by default you have to use HTML, this is no problem to me, as i used to be a web designer. but for many i can see this being off putting. What you should do is (and i hate to bring this up or mention the name) use something like eBay use, where its a single window you first see with two tabs above it so you can look at and input in normal like how you would in a word document, or if you click the HTML tab you can do your own coding. would just make things easy. BUT make it better then eBays, by letting people use more font and colour types and more inserts then ebay use.

2. When making an auction you should have the ability to deside when you with the auction to be listed, for example i make the auction at 12pm but i have set it not to start till 8pm so it can start at 8pm and run for 7days or untill its been ended.

3. when doing multi item auction (and i have done one on this site before) when 1 items sells that should be it for the 1 that sold, when i did my multi item auction on ebid when i sodl a few the auction still ran and i could not acoully contact them like how u normally could coz the way you have it runnin here is so the lowest bid is what everyone pays. it should be like so if you have 10 itmes and someone gets 1 the auction has ended for him and he can pay right away and the deal with him is over and you have 9itmes left now.

4. multi catagory listings. so if you want your item in more then one place you can do using the same auction, so if i have a power lead for example i could list it un xbox hardware and playstation hareware using the same auction,... like you can do using ebay :s

**** Thats all I can think of... by the way i didnt check for spelling or anything in this, just type and let it go... is only a forum. ****

Thank you for your time and you hope you take note to some of the stuff I have said

wildbear6@hotmail.com
    let me tell you how i cheat ... I don't know the first thing about html .... sooooooooo ... I use frontpage to design my listing then change it to html with frontpage then cut and paste it into the window

Quote Originally Posted by wildbear6
    Hi,

1. Where you type in the description of your auction by default you have to use HTML, this is no problem to me, as i used to be a web designer. but for many i can see this being off putting.
    I think that a choice of templates would be a good idea too - just a series of text fields, titled:
    Title
    Picture (with an upload button)
    Description
    Postage
    Payments taken
    etc.

and then when you'd finished entering all of your details, it would be entered into the template (this shouldn't be that difficult, it just involves adding the inputted text to an already made template) and you'd see this on the next screen.
    Simple things like this would really help newcomers (which is what Ebid needs) and Feepay will never even consider offering it - after all, it's what their customers WANT, and they couldn't be seen to be 'giving in' to their customers...

Ebid, on the other hand, are actually interested in what we want, and that's so refreshing in this day and age. (Especially after trying to get the most basic things on Feepay changed.)

I agree, I really need this function.

I agree.

I often need this too - we could have a maximum of three free categories, and then you could pay 5p each to list in any further ones, or something along those lines.

Thread Information