My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: What's changed exactly?

Default What's changed exactly?

I can see that much of the layout has changed on the new site, and it looks very nice, but there are still some things about it that I don't like.
    We still have the endless Louis Vuitton copies on the front page - I think these make the site look bad and don't welcome newcomers at all.
    Could the happy hour and 60 minute auctions be changed for a simple 'Front Page' category, where you could still have reserves, and just pay for the privilege of appearing on the front page? I'll never list any of my items in Happy Hour or 60 Minutes because the only time I did it, the item sold for £10 less than I needed it to, and it was a waste of time. As long as there is no reserve allowed, the only items that are going to be sold here are exactly what we've seen for the past year - cheap copies of handbags. What's the point of that?

Do you have any plans to integrate and promote the PPPay.com escrow service? The way to beat Ebay is to offer something they can't (or rather won't, because they're so obsessed with fleecing their customers they will never do it) - a 100% safe, guaranteed auction website. This can only be done by implementing the policies I suggested several times in previous messages on this forum: send all new sellers a confirmation letter to their registered credit/debit card address, with a confirmation code, and make them do this every time they move. Make an 'escrow only' button at the top of the home page, so you can view items that are escrow only, and hence 99.999% guaranteed to be safe, and Ebid can insure us against the rest. Make the escrow service FREE, since it costs PPPay.com no extra if customers use it, and 90% of the sales on here would go through PPPay.com if you implemented it, amounting to millions of pounds going in and out of the PPPay.com accounts every year, earning interest while in escrow.
    From my own experience on Ebay, well over 50% of buyers pay me by Paypal. Even more would use PPPay.com if it had escrow built into it - after all, all escrow involves is adding a third option to the PPPay.com screen - money in, escrow, money out, instead of money in, money out. Hardly difficult, and virtually free for them to implement.

Then there would be no more scammers. Sellers would all be registered at their addresses, Ebid would have all of this data on file, as would any buyers, and sellers couldn't make up multiple fake auctions and take money, because they'd get stopped the first time they even tried it, and would never get the money out of escrow.

So everybody wins, sales would go up hundreds of percent, and Mark and Gazza would make more money.
    Last edited by donkeyote; 5th February 2005 at 01:42 PM.

Thread Information