eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Buyers Category Would Be Nice...

yes, im disapointed by never seeming to get any buyers also. But ref a TV ad, have you any idea how much it would cost to stick an ad on prime time ITV? Believe me, you wouldnt get much change out of £1m !

Stevie

Forum Lurker
    View artlandish's Feedback (+19)
    All-About artlandish
    View artlandish's Listings
    Forum Posts

There's no point advertising the site if there aren't enough items or a great enough variety of items here for buyers to choose from.

I guess the more items sellers list the better the situation will become because buyers will have something to spend their money on!

I wanted to buy an egg slicer(not anymore) here the other day but none were listed but there were tons to choose from on Ebay. If there were egg slicers listed here I would've bought it here.

So we may have many buyers browsing eager to spend but because there just aren't enough items listed here, they can't buy it here even if they really wanted to.

So...back to the listing board I guess..... everyone list as many items as they can!

Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View slurpee's Feedback (+3696)
    All-About slurpee
    View slurpee's Listings
    Forum Posts

I take your point with the more items the better...

But maybe like me, they just haven't got the time to focus 100% on eBid when it only equates to maybe 1% of sales. I must admit that 90% of my work is focused on eBay and what little time I have left I try to bolster my eBid listings with the same things I'm selling on eBay.

Another problem is if you only have 1 of a certain product and advertise it on both sites... known my luck I'd sell 1 on each site at exactly the same time and be left running aroun trying to find another!!

I know that TV adverts are expensive, but if they get 50p everytime something sells then they will have a few bob in the bank already.

Is there anywhere that you can check the percentage sales rate on here?

Forum Diehard
    All-About mfkirke
    View mfkirke's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes, I can see your dilemma, slurpee. I never risk listing the same single item in both places. What I do is to list lower value items here and odd things - like the denby butter dish without a lid, which found a buyer after a bit - she had the lid - and generally try to improve the diversity a bit. I cannot afford to abandon ebay either, but I really want ebid to grow as I disapprove of monopoly.
    Madelaine

I have two ebid stores. This is for Cats Protection;Lots of beanies, fast food toys, random collectables, some new children's clothes - almost anything really.
    this is business and sells skeleton leaves, Thai silk, various vintage postcards, more random collectables
    Both sell discontinued china tableware.

Forum Lurker
    All-About artlandish
    Forum Posts

Talking

If I could be so lucky to sell both items on both sites at the same time! Lucky to sell any item at all! hee hee

Forum Lurker
    All-About artlandish
    Forum Posts

...cont' ...Therefore, if all the sellers here tried to list as many items as they possibly could, the more buyers would come here and the more we'd sell.

Forum Diehard
    All-About mfkirke
    View mfkirke's Listings
    Forum Posts

my point precisely, art!
    Madelaine

I have two ebid stores. This is for Cats Protection;Lots of beanies, fast food toys, random collectables, some new children's clothes - almost anything really.
    this is business and sells skeleton leaves, Thai silk, various vintage postcards, more random collectables

Wink good idea

hi
    this is my first viewing of the site and agree with you a wanted section may help but as for ebay falling away don't see that .
    I have a auction site myself that i have just put up not as good as this yet but i hope it will get there ebay has the upper hand just need people to break a habbit and uses other auctions like this

Forum Diehard
    All-About mfkirke
    View mfkirke's Listings
    Forum Posts

wanted sections always die after a bit - it happens on every auction site that tries it.
    Madelaine

I must admit I have been away for a while.

But no change - there is still too much adult content on every section. We need an adult section where it can all go.

I just clicked on dvd's I know a classic for adult but the first page was just smut I just cannot be bothered to even look past it all as the next page was the same and I was looking for disney dvd's but lets not go there. I know smut is on Ebay but compared to here it is the odd one here it is the majority.

It just lowers the tone of the site and people will not return and DON'T.

And the few like me who do pop back to check how its going as they really wnat it to work are few and far between.

I do check here but not all that often as its rare items are on here but on Ebay there are loads.

PPPAY is hell to use and so unfriendly so I will stick to Paypal as I know it works .

The prices here are dearer than Ebay as well as people are just not buying. But it is nice to have the majority of items on buy it now.

I will keep checking on here as well for stuff I want and do want to buy here if I can.

Thread Information