eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Buyers Category Would Be Nice...

Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View slurpee's Feedback (+3696)
    All-About slurpee
    View slurpee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Lightbulb A Buyers Category Would Be Nice...

Hiya,

Just a tongue in cheek type suggestion....

But some buyers would be a great addition to the site.

What do you reckon?

I know eBay has the killer hand... but it also has the disastrous VeRo program which is killing it dead (very slowly) ....

eBid should take notice and jump at the chance to plug the gap....

Any comments?

Forum Newbie
    View wildbear6's Feedback (+7)
    All-About wildbear6
    View wildbear6's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thumbs up Your right!!

eBay does have the upper hand thats true, but only because of there advertising and ease-of-use site, but your right, eBay is slowly being killed of that that damn program, I have been banned for 1month on eBay because I was selling my xbox and it had been changed visually (few extra LEDs in it to make it look better) because of that im off ebay... again!!

What ebid need to do is get some money together and do some advertising in some national newspapers and compair them selfs with ebay on the adverts, like when it comes to listing fees and more content you can list here (adult sections) and that ebid is just as easy to use.

from there if all goes well go on to radio and tv adverts! (radio is easy you can always email DJs and if there cool they read the email out for you. especially if whats is being said is dissing another company)

View dovie's Feedback (+14)
    All-About dovie
    View dovie's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile agreement

Don't know what the procedure is here but suffice it to say I used to use that dreaded site,,
    and will NEVER use it again,,

try not to over do the automated billing like they do,,, if there is a billing dispute don't keep sending them out making demands for the same amount(which had been paid 3 months earlier), as this is what finally made me write to them cancelling my derict debit with them and telling them i won't be using their site again.btw not sold anything here yet but have every intention of doing so.
    and much praise for having real people you can contact rather than having to rely on an automated system for dealing with queries
    that in itself, is, in my opinion, well worth the change alone

Battersea, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View rainbowcraft's Feedback (+2067)
    All-About rainbowcraft
    View rainbowcraft's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome, both of you, to eBid

Come say hello on the Kitchen Table, when you get a moment

Forum Diehard
    All-About mfkirke
    View mfkirke's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default You could consider being buyers?

Well? why not?

There are buyers here but most things go as BIN so you can't see them!
    Madelaine

I have two ebid stores. This is for Cats Protection;Lots of beanies, fast food toys, random collectables, some new children's clothes - almost anything really.
    this is business and sells skeleton leaves, Thai silk, various vintage postcards, more random collectables
    Both sell discontinued china tableware.

All-About slurpee
    View slurpee's Listings
    Forum Posts

I would buy... but I need to sell before I can buy (or so the old football adege goes, haha)

All my items are on 1 days auctions starting at first bid with the offer to buy it now for only a quid above the start price....

Still no joy....

But if it's any concellation I've also sold nowt on QXL either!!

Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
    View seaemelle's Feedback (+914)
    All-About seaemelle
    View seaemelle's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slurpee
    All my items are on 1 days auctions starting at first bid with the offer to buy it now for only a quid above the start price....
    Hi and welcome again slurpee - I don't know if you saw my previous post to you where I did make an observation on this on another thread that may help
    http://helpdesk.ebid.tv/showthread.p...1&page=1&pp=10

Default lack of buyers

yes i have to say im very surprised and disappointed by the lack of buyers on ebid. its hard to get bids for a lot of things, and very hard to get more than one bid.

now im sure someone will come on saying "well i always get loads of bids" so i took the trouble to look around. a very small percentage of items get more than one bid, you can see this just by looking around.

the logic of it is that with so many sellers and so few buyers, then for buyers it would be a very smart move to use ebid and they would get some great bargains due to a low amount of bids.

so what is the problem? it just seems like not enough people know about ebid. you guys need to advertise. i have actually tried to spread all of this by word of mouth just to get more people on here.

Forum Diehard
    All-About mfkirke
    View mfkirke's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Yes, traderman..

Those of us who have been listing for a while have been doing that too. I even put a link to ebid in my eoa emails through ebay's system (gives me a certain pleasure, that does!).

It just takes time, but it is getting better, really it is!
    Madelaine

I have two ebid stores. This is for Cats Protection;Lots of beanies, fast food toys, random collectables, some new children's clothes - almost anything really.
    this is business and sells skeleton leaves, Thai silk, various vintage postcards, more random collectables
    Both sell discontinued china tableware.

All-About slurpee
    View slurpee's Listings
    Forum Posts

I actually sold my first things about 3 days ago....

But it's looking rather more like a non-paying bidder by the hour!!!

saying that, I'm prepared to wait.....and wait.....and wait......

eBid - Throw caution to the wind and instead of working on the sherman tanks (who'll only kill the UK boys like they did in Gulf 1 & 2) just whack a really expensive advert on the TV inbetween ITV's terrible movie breaks....just the once will do.....(or maybe between the Dale & Corra so we can all sell woolly jumpers)

I'm also trying to push people from eBay onto eBid, but the masses are still struggling to accept eBay and Paypal as a force - due to "fraud" so we have no hope.

I might seem arrogant - but I suspect that 95% of internet fraud is so easy to spot that it's unreal to fall for it. Even my Dad has the common sense to ask me daft questions before falling for the email scams so bugger knows how the rest of them fall for it.

If you tell Jehovahs to FRO then just do the same with any emails you get... its SO easy.

......mmmm beer rules

Thread Information