My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Does anyone use vodafone?

Default Does anyone use vodafone?

My Mum uses vodafone and can never get a signal and has noticed that since she has switched from orange this phone is more expensive but she dont know how much it costs to send msgs etc.

Does anyone here use vodafone? And if so, how much are text msgs and phone calls to other mobiles or other phones in the UK?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BunjeesPiggiesPoochins
    My Mum uses vodafone and can never get a signal and has noticed that since she has switched from orange this phone is more expensive but she dont know how much it costs to send msgs etc.

Does anyone here use vodafone? And if so, how much are text msgs and phone calls to other mobiles or other phones in the UK?

thanks
    Usually the dearest out of the four main UK providers,but usually the best signal,quality of speech and area covered nationally.If the phone was new it should be complete with tarriff charges etc.Failing that try www.vodaphone.co.uk

Thanks Swopmebob, she is rarely able to get a signal though yet on orange she always had good signal!

Also does anyone know how to stop getting wap messages? My mum keeps getting those and she dont want them, but they are being charged by her phone. Do you know how we get rid of them?

thanks

Hi Lorraine - I'm on Vodafone, have been for years and have never had problems. My messages are free as I get a certain amount in with my tariff - I think it depends on the tariff how much you are charged or get free.

Regarding Wap, not sure if it is the same with Vodafone, but when my daughter kept getting these, I had to phone the provider (O2) who blocked them from that end.
    For personalised pop art, visit my shop: http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Happy-Brushstrokes

Thanks

Does anyone know the cost to receive wap msgs?

Quote Originally Posted by BunjeesPiggiesPoochins
    Thanks

Does anyone know the cost to receive wap msgs?
    It's totally random depending on who is sending them but they can be quite expensive so it would definitely be a good idea to call Vodafone and get them to block them.

We recently switched our mobile comms contract at work from Orange to Vodafone - and they've been the most useless bunch of halfwits we've ever had the misfortune to deal with. Bad coverage, bad reception, limited handset offerings on our contract (choice of two Nokias), useless helpdesk staff, bad ordering process. Sheeeeesh!

To add insult to injury, we also transferred our pager contract from O2 to Voda (as O2 were discontinuing the service) and now we can't page our site based IT guys (with the new pagers that Voda have given us). Their helpdesk say we should be ten metres away from computer equipment to receive pages. Well, that's helpful - given that we're all computer support staff and are rarely more than 3 metres away from a PC at any given point of the day!

Oh, the cost of your calls and text messages will depend on the price plan you're on and who you're calling/sending messages to. Price plan rates will be available on www.vodafone.co.uk.

Oh stop moaning Stu!
    For personalised pop art, visit my shop: http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Happy-Brushstrokes

Thread Information