Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Mobiles: Profits Before Safety ?

Default Mobiles: Profits Before Safety ?

It seems odd that although the mobile phone companies keep telling us that there is nothing to worry about as far as radiation from the phones are concerned (despite several independant investigations saying otherwise) that they go to great lengths to hide information which relates to the amount of radiation given off by each model of phone.

Another case of make profits now and worry about the health risk's later ?

Quote Originally Posted by Article from Sunday Mirror

MOBILE phone companies are deliberately hiding the radiation levels of their handsets from the public.

A Sunday Mirror investigation has revealed how they have buried the information in a website which is so complicated it takes a computer expert more than THREE hours to negotiate.

Instead of reading a simple table, any consumer who wants to find out which phones have the lowest SAR rating (a measure of radiation emissions) has to download more than FOUR HUNDRED separate documents.

Each phone lists the radiation levels in its manual, but the figure is meaningless unless it can be compared with other phones.

Of Britain's bestselling phones, the Sunday Mirror can reveal the Sony Ericsson T610 has the highest SAR rating at 1.2.

This is more than SEVEN times higher than another Sony Ericsson, the Z600, which rated at just 0.16. See our table on the left for more examples.

However, phone firms don't think consumers NEED to know which phones rate higher than others.
    The arguement about radiation from phones and any links with cancer and cell damage has been going on for years now, but in recent years more and more investigations seem to conclude that there is a definite risk and more needs to be done to find out exactly how much at risk we really are and what we can do to reduce that risk.

(The rest of the quoted story can be found @ Sunday Mirror )
    Yorkie

My FaceBook page.
    My Twitter page.
    My YouTube channel.

Mention eBid if you add me on FaceBook or Twitter so I know where you are from.

Here ya go just found this link should come in handy .........................

http://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/comm...S&NODE_ID=7400

Quote Originally Posted by shady-lady-45uk
    Here ya go just found this link should come in handy .........................

http://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/comm...S&NODE_ID=7400
    Thanks for that lass. Carphonewarehouse do atleast list the SAR's rate's for the phones which they sell.

I don't think there is a site (other than the one mentioned in the article) which contains the SAR rates of all mobiles.
    Yorkie

My FaceBook page.
    My Twitter page.
    My YouTube channel.

Mention eBid if you add me on FaceBook or Twitter so I know where you are from.

Quote Originally Posted by yorkiesauctions
    Thanks for that lass. Carphonewarehouse do atleast list the SAR's rate's for the phones which they sell.

I don't think there is a site (other than the one mentioned in the article) which contains the SAR rates of all mobiles.
    ure velcome ...........................spose ..................even though ure cheeky to me ........lol

Thread Information