Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone given up smoking?

Great input peeps thanks

Cravings gone for now, finished my wine just snacking on crackers butter and pickle........old snack from when I was a kid

Feel good, no good nagging OH though you have to want to stop. I know he is starting to think it is not good to smoke, my boys nagging that everything stinks and now me not smoking. Cant wait to tell his mum and dad who are very anti smoking I will get a gold star lol
    feebee xx

View minkyrra's Feedback (+1752)
    All-About minkyrra
    View minkyrra's Listings
    Forum Posts

i have given up

i didnt manage it when there was the kt campaign (anyone remember that?) but did after.

i used a cd that rightcharlie sent to me

thank you charlie!

it was wierd, he seemed to know exactly what you would be thinking at different points during the cd, like - shut up charlie stop going on!

he does warns you that you will think that - i wondered if he goes on so much to get everything else out of your mind so you focus

i have had one or two since, during a drunken night at a friends house, but i dont feel any want or need to smoke now

the problem i used to have with giving up smoking, was breaking the routine. i would always light up after a meal for instance, finding something else to do immediately after a meal or something else to put in your mouth at that point helped.

goodluck feebs

keep me up to date with how its going
    Last edited by minkyrra; 16th January 2005 at 12:19 AM. Reason: to make sense of the jumble

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

it`s easy i give up every night for 6 - 8 hours no problem

I gave up almost 5 years ago. The Chancellor had just slapped more duty on a packet of cigs, and the cigarette manufacturers slapped on their 2nd increase in 6 months, so I finished the last 2 and never bought any more.
    I can't honestly say I was any richer though. The increases in Council Tax, Rent, Water Rates, Electricity, and Gas saw to that.

View melboy's Feedback (+257)
    All-About melboy
    View melboy's Listings
    Forum Posts

....I should think so too!!!.......dragons shouldn't smoke...all that fire and brimstone spreads enough pollution as it is.....don't wanna be killed by a passive dragon .....do I??

Some days you're the windscreen..others you're the fly.'ave it!

jammy buggers im still puffing away......only cos they tell me not to lol......

I did it I didnt smoke

*mental note to get some nibbles in*

I plan on walking more anyway so should not put too much weight on........I hope!! Not drinking as much so less calories there anyway
    feebee xx

Quote Originally Posted by minkyrra
    i have given up

i didnt manage it when there was the kt campaign (anyone remember that?) but did after.

i used a cd that rightcharlie sent to me

thank you charlie!

it was wierd, he seemed to know exactly what you would be thinking at different points during the cd, like - shut up charlie stop going on!

he does warns you that you will think that - i wondered if he goes on so much to get everything else out of your mind so you focus

i have had one or two since, during a drunken night at a friends house, but i dont feel any want or need to smoke now

the problem i used to have with giving up smoking, was breaking the routine. i would always light up after a meal for instance, finding something else to do immediately after a meal or something else to put in your mouth at that point helped.

goodluck feebs

keep me up to date with how its going
    thanks for that feedback.

Anyone (on the KT) who wants a CD can HAVE one on the understanding that
    a) they dont want one just so they can "prove" my system doesnt work on them.
    (b) they drop me a short three line or so note saying it worked when it does. (for my publisher)
    c) they undertake to do what they are asked in the instruction and on the Cd

I do understand that for many folk ordering the CD isnt enough. they are sat waiting on many shelves around the country - (including ALL of my own smoking family, in spite of tons of proof now that it does work) I cant help that bit, it only works when you listen. so if you get one and i dont hear for a while i wont harrass you - but when it works, do please let me know.

IM me with your name and adress if you want one.
    If the cap doesn't fit, why choose to wear it?

Quote Originally Posted by rightcharlie
    I do understand that for many folk ordering the CD isnt enough. they are sat waiting on many shelves around the country -

Having a glass of wine again, cravings there but not as bad as last night,I want a fag, of course I do but I will NOT GIVE IN

If my mate can do it and my ex so can I

Cold turkey, cold turkey yum yum Lol going mad now
    feebee xx

Thread Information