Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone given up smoking?

Thumbs up

Congratulations for getting this far in giving up the ciggies, I have stopped and started smoking for years now, the longest I have ever stopped for was for two and a half years .... could kick myself for not carrying on but im one of those that as soon as I get stressed i start smoking again, one of these days i will stop and stay stopped ...... I hope!!
    May the angel of happiness wee on your duvet ..... lol
    sophie xxx

DRAGONFLY GIFTS

Quote Originally Posted by dragonflylady
    Congratulations for getting this far in giving up the ciggies, I have stopped and started smoking for years now, the longest I have ever stopped for was for two and a half years .... could kick myself for not carrying on but im one of those that as soon as I get stressed i start smoking again, one of these days i will stop and stay stopped ...... I hope!!
    Thanks and thanks to all who have contributed on here, lol at DM not saving any money after giving up, made me laugh that

I don't know how I will fare with major stress I really don't because you dont give a sh*t (ban me!) do you in those cicumstances but any break is better than non IMO and it can be done again, I just don't want to give in to little everyday things and I want to have a drink without reaching for the fags
    feebee xx

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

they say the first 3 weeks is the hardest like shyte it was i gave up for 3 weeks and 2 days and could not hold out any more i was like a man posessed
    and wife don`t like me when i get angry i was turning green every two hours ripping my clothes off and never got a quickie out of it so had a smoke instead saved a fortune not having to buy new clothes

Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View thehoneyant's Feedback (+137)
    All-About thehoneyant
    View thehoneyant's Listings
    Forum Posts

I went cold turkey three years ago, went to the bank EVERY weekday and deposited my fag money, much to the amusement of the staff, but they laughed on the other side of their faces, when I withdrew £2,000 to book a holiday.
    But I brought some cheap fags back, and started again !!
    This time (again) cold turkey for about 6 months, I try to forget the date, and as Pid says, just tell people I "don't smoke" if they ask or offer ciggies. Seems to be working okay, and my eyesight has improved dramatically, from eating carrots.

WTG feebee! Stick at it! You've already won the first few battles, and you're well on the way to winning the war. As somebody else said - stop thinking that you ARE giving up - you HAVE given up. You' re not stopping - you've STOPPED.

Minky! Well done, lass!

For the record.... I remember last year's KT campaign well. In fact, I started it. Went cold turkey myself for six weeks, before a weak moment did me in. All primed up and ready to stop again - partly thanks to you, Fee.

In fact, I think this is IT. Got a pack going at the moment, but no more in the house, and you know what? I'M NOT GOING TO SPEND ANY MORE MONEY ON THIS RIDICULOUS ADDICTION! I'm about to change careers, may as well change the other negative aspects of my life too. Stop smoking, lose weight, and get a bit fitter. Watch out, 2005!

I strongly suggest taking RightCharlie up on his offer. I won't try to guess how his CD works, but it does indeed help. I'd also grab a hypnosis CD off Babs. That way, you're attacking your conscious and sub-c mind at the same time.

A few of my favourite tips (some stolen from other sources, some the product of my own demented mind):
    Having a good supply of sugar-free sweets on hand won't hurt, but watch out - excessive intake can give you the squits.
    Try the fake plastic ciggie you can get at chemists.
    When the urge is really strong, take a deep breath, then let it all out in a big sigh.
    Turn to the light and smile.
    If all else fails, stick your head in the freezer and take a few deep breaths.

Give yourself every advantage you can. Chase smokers out of the house if they bug you. Throw away all the ashtrays, lighters, etc. Deodorise your house and car - enjoy the fresh clean smell, knowing that you'll never ruin it again. COUNT THE MONEY SAVED! You'll be STUNNED at how fast it adds up. BUY YOURSELF A NEW CAR if you like - chances are you can afford one.

LOL and all this from someone who failed LMAO! Ah well, you only fail when you stop trying, and I ain't stopped yet. See you later today, when I join the ranks of ex-smokers again.
    DISCLAIMER:
    The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the author, or his family, internet service
    provider, mobile phone operator, bank, milk supplier, television channel, favourite movie or religion.
    I don't know where they come from.
    It scares me sometimes.

How are you doing ken or are you still in the freezer What a funny tip,is that one for real?
    feebee xx

Thread Information