eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Neighbours from hell

lol I'd say it was acceptable hun

Unhappy

Had a few neighbours from hell myself. One thought I had reported him to the RSPCA so he threatened to burn down the house, told the kids he was going to stab them, cut my tv aerial, phone line, carved up my front door with a stanley knife. Turned out it was the neighbour on the other side of him's grown-up daughter who'd done it. Didn't find that out until I had had to have him arrested 4x (each time they let him out after 2 hours and he started all over again). He would be scraping wallpaper on the party wall until 4 or 5am -groan.

We had another neighbour over the road with "scrapyard" dogs, let loose to bark 24-7, went on for about 2 years, I never got more than 2 hours sleep in a night and was a wreck. He got reported to environmental health, threatened to get his dogs to rip me to shreds, threatened to kill me and torch the house etc. I kept thinking "WTF is going on here?" - and he swore blind his relatives had got into the environmental health's PC system and knew for sure it was me! In the end, he started putting dogsh*t through the letterbox and leaving abusive letters, so the police gave him a warning, and not long after he packed up and left.

I've probably had my car attacked and vandalised about 80X in the past couple of years, 30x last year alone, and twice in 2005 so far, no idea who is doing it.

On top of that, the house next door has been empty for 18 months, and someone seemed to in there last night. Cue two girls running up and downstairs, slamming doors and screaming until about 2.30am, taxis and cars coming and going until about 5 this morning, and doors slamming again by 7am. So I am absolutely knackered.

I need to win the lottery to get my bunny sanctuary in the middle of nowhere, so I can live as a hermit ...... well, a hermit with internet access of course.

I've got it mild then. My neighbours visitors just park on my drive blocking me into my own garage... Ho hum, can't complain after reading some of these accounts. Good ol' Tip'on.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tosspot
    Anyone else got one?
    I have six.
    Two parents and her 4 boys aged 8-16. We're in a semi-detached and the walls frequenlty shake, even the non-adjoining walls, to the point where we don't think the structure is safe any more but does landlord believe us?
    They shout and scream at each other, bang up and down stairs with shoes on whilst banging on adjoining wall. They've got a dog that is shut in Mon-Fri from 8:45am-3:15pm and never walked, barks at the drop of a hat. -RSPCA doesn't want to know.
    We complain and complain as we have the same landlord. They know full well how much of a problem they are- it went to "legal team" on just our say-so so they've obviously had other complaints.
    Now we get no reply to letters and they are "not in office" when we phone. They (neighbours) are apparently waiting for transfer but apparently the Housing Ass. don't have anywhere big enough for them.

Smile

Some years ago I was watching TV when I smelled smoke. When I opened the lounge door to investigate, my hall, kitchen and upstairs was thick with it! So much smoke I couldn't see. My first action was to get my kids out of the house so dragged them out of bed and outside, to see that my new neighbours had built a huge fire next to my garage. The garages are joined to the houses. Smoke was coming through my garage into the house. They were burning tyres, for christs sake!! I banged on their door and told them to put the fire out, but got abuse, so I phoned the police. When they came, they told me to stay away from my new neighbours as they were a 'bad lot,' and would likely do me harm?? They did persuede them to douse the fire, but said they had no power at all with neighbourly disputes, that I should contact the council next time. Fat lot of good that did! I mean, if we had been asleep and all died from smoke inhalation, would the police have done something then?? Probably not.

Thread Information