Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cats Vs Dogs

Red face Cats Vs Dogs

Another potentially long thread here....
    I'm pondering my side to the 'chicken and egg' debate and will post that when i have the time.

Meanwhile, following a discussion with a colleague of mine a while ago, I would like to raise the issue of which animals are better.

Clearly, I am siding towards the side of the cat, but they do have minus points, and would like other people's views.

Cat
    Good points:
    Clean themselves (all over as opposed to the gentials!)
    Walk/excersie themselves
    Won't eat everything in the food bowl unti it's gone (my experience is that if you put a kilo of food in a dog bowl (yeah, I know!) then by the time I get home from work, not all of it has gone)
    Are extremely easy to toilet train (no gradual creep from the lounge to the back door an outside)
    Normaly lighter than a dog (Mulder is about 6-7kg) which helps when 'leaping on lap'
    I think they're moer amsing to watch (when cleaning hard to reach places and playing with their mates)
    They don't smell as much as dogs.
    Bad points:
    They can be trained, but not to fetch the remote of ward of potential villans,
    You can take them for a walk but (a) they don't need it an (b) people frown and laugh.
    Hacking up of furblass on the carpet/laminate and constant jumping on tables and kitchen surfaces

In order to save repeating myself for dogs, the reverse is true.
    Cats are cheaper than dogs at the vets.
    Despite numerous claims, some of our cats do answer to their names, so that one's on the fence.

Cheers, and feel free to add some more points. I'll be posting a couple of pictures soon to prove some good points about cats.
    Hee hee
    Butterfly Effects
    *insert lots of information for a signature* - done!

Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
    View seaemelle's Feedback (+914)
    All-About seaemelle
    View seaemelle's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cat Vs Dog

The Border Collie (from http://www.dog-pictures.co.uk/dog-pi...order%20collie)

"He is at his best as a worker, conscious of the responsibility reposed in him; a marvel of generalship, gentle, judicious, slow to anger, quick to action; the priceless helpmeet of his master--the most useful member of all the tribe of dogs.

Few dogs possess the fertile, resourceful brain of the Collie. He can be trained to perform the duties of other breeds. He makes an excellent sporting dog, and can be taught to do the work of the Pointer and the Setter, as well as that of the Water Spaniel and the Retriever.

He is clever at hunting, having an excellent nose, is a good vermin-killer, and a most faithful watch, guard, and companion. Major Richardson, who for some years has been successful in training dogs to ambulance work on the field of battle, has carefully tested the abilities of various breeds in discovering wounded soldiers, and he gives to the Collie the decided preference."

Can't see a cat doing all that!
    I do like cats though, I'm just more of a dog person I guess.

Click Here to See My Auctions

I have a rabbit who thinks he is a cat ... does he count?

Agreed wrt to the traiing issue.
    I can get the cats to do almost anything using a laser pointer and come chicken, but herding sheep is a little out of my reach.
    My guinea pigs (now ong long gone) used to follow me around as well, not cat like really, just hungry I guess, and a little on the simple side.

Do dogs watch TV?
    My little kitten is fascinated by the goggle box. I realise that she can't comprehend what's going on but has been known to watch almost an entire episode of Top Gear.
    I guess that's why the Cat TV videos work - and my mouse cursor :P
    Butterfly Effects
    *insert lots of information for a signature* - done!

Bear in the big Blue House, Start Trek (mainly Voyager,picky cat), Wife Swap the other week (go figure!)

Missy is a telly addict ... stupid daft moggy lol.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by stokie_helen
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
    wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
    wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
    wwwwwww I LOVE THAT POOCH ... Can i have it please ?

Quote Originally Posted by cat9
    come chicken,
    I don't think I should be asking what you use this for
    Nowt here so don't bother looking

SEARCHING for ET

Quote Originally Posted by blufairy
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
    wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
    wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
    wwwwwww I LOVE THAT POOCH ... Can i have it please ?
    Isn't he lovely! I want one too........

As for watching TV, my grandad's poodle used to be fascinated by snooker - he kept going behind the TV to try and find the ball when it dropped in a pocket....

And I used to have some goldfish that used to come to the corner of the tank when you whistled them. Weird or what?

Click Here to See My Auctions

Thread Information