Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Getting a CAT from a rescue/sanctuary/RSPCA.....advice please

Quote Originally Posted by dulwich-herbs
    Could have a black and white one too... pml.. she isn't really pregnant.. she's jsut eaten a football! LOL
    pictures!! I need pictures of this cat

Quote Originally Posted by mrscheeks
    pictures!! I need pictures of this cat
    having trouble with my camera at the mo.... Raph has to do funny things to make it download to the computer... but I will take some pics of fatty and post them once I have nagged Raph intgetting them off the camera..

We've never been cat-free, always seem to 'inherit' a new one from somewhere...

Boris - his owner (distant relative of my wife) died & nobody wanted him so we took him in. Best guess as to age seemed to be about 20, some family thought older but they all agreed definitely 20. I agreed to give Boris a loving home thinking that it would only be a matter of a week or so (taking his age and that he might pine for his old owner).
    Lived about 3 years.

Tarka - originally, owner was told he was a Queen then vets told us after the op that we wouldn't have to pay as much because she was in fact a he. Belonged to wife's cousin when she lived with her b/f. When it went wrong & she moved back home, her mother refused to have a cat in the house...

Monty & Cheeks. Mid December Tarka strolls into the lounge, closely followed by Monty. It would seem that Tarka invited Monty in for a feed & to keep warm (no other explanation for Monty getting through the catflap without a key collar.
    We phoned cat rescue & described this tabby kitten - they knew straight away. Monty was well known to them. Phoned the owners. Apparently, the hubby was allergic to cats & had bought two kittens as a way of getting over the allergy! Problem was, Monty wouldn't settle. As they were moving soon, they asked if we would like the kittens (as Monty seemed so taken with us). We agreed.
    Monty died two years ago, run over by a car outside the house.

Just Cheeky & Tarka left now.

One day, we'll get a cat we can name ourselves!
    Nowt here so don't bother looking

SEARCHING for ET

Awwwwwwwww Sludge that was a lovely tail of many cats. Arent you just the nicest person a cat could know.

Vik xxx

Awwwwwwwww Sludge that was a lovely tail of many cats. Arent you just the nicest person a cat could know.

Vik xxx
    That depends...
    You are also looking at my 'science' thread aren't you?
    Nowt here so don't bother looking

SEARCHING for ET

ahhh good point

Talking

I was resisting the temptation for self-glory, but hey, why not:

Tigger - given to my mrs as an engagement present (we weren't living together then)
    Mulder + Scully - born to Tigger out of wedlock.
    Winnie and Roo - brought to our front door (word had spread by then) by a cryiing child saying that someone was throwing them over the fence. Fed, watered, combed and have been here for three years now, soft as s***.
    Guinness - given to us by a friend. The original owner had thrown her down the stairs when she was tiny. Walks funny when it's cold and damp but can still climb up me to get some meat.
    Brandy - given to us when a friend toddled off to NZ.
    Stella (formerly Manky cat) - clearly had browsed the neighbourhood for a good home (origin unknown) and 'knocked' at the door for three night in a row (by meoowing and scratching. Let her in once and she's not left. She is the fluffiest tortoiseshell ever Always greets me when I gethome from work and waits to be let in the fron door - they do have a flap!!
    Kylie - followed my mrs 1.2 mile from the shops one day and has never left....she's my cat and regularly stays with me i the morning when I'm getting ready for work.
    Mummy Cat - called so as we will not be keeping her, found by a friend huddle under a bush in the rain. Pregnant and dropped sprog some four months ago. Like cat kisses and being stroked on he belly.
    Little Wedgie - daughter (originally son!!) of Mummy Cat. Had a sibling who died in the womb...eats like a horse and appears to be possessed! Like to watch TV.
    And that's it. The CPL won't let us have any more, despite their great health and dispositions....although statistically we are due another waif and stray soon by their own accord.
    Butterfly Effects
    *insert lots of information for a signature* - done!

Battersea, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View rainbowcraft's Feedback (+2067)
    All-About rainbowcraft
    View rainbowcraft's Listings
    Forum Posts

word of caution hun ... if you live in a heavily built up area or near to a main road that has a high volume of traffic they might NOT let you have a cat! I know this from when we lived in a village outside Swindon. Our estate was off a main road but there was about 60ft of thick hedge and grass verge between our road and the main road prividing a barrier. If you lived on that part of the estate the Cats protection wouldnt let you have one of their cats.

BUT ...... if you lived at the far end of the estate that backed onto the RAF Base they said they WOULD let you have a cat. Because they deemd it safe than being near a main road. The fact that they would be living next to a bloody great RUNWAY and could get to it through the chain link fence was in their eyes irrelevant

So if your circumstances dictate that a house-cat is best they might decide you are not siuted to having one of theirs.

Big bummer, but best to be prepared for the worst case.

Hope you get the go-ahead and have lots of fun finding your new best buddy

Vik xxx
    I have to have a house cat - I live in a tower block!

Battersea, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View rainbowcraft's Feedback (+2067)
    All-About rainbowcraft
    View rainbowcraft's Listings
    Forum Posts

oh bugger course she does ... slap me now, she said she lives near Battersea Dogs Home. DOH!!!

well if there is a CPL in London then they will know its better to have a house cat, and hopefully Rainbow and a gorgeous new feline addition will be living in harmony soon

Vik xxx
    LMAO...*slaps Vik*

Quote Originally Posted by rainbowcraft
    LMAO...*slaps Vik*
    why thank you kindly

Thread Information