eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are we still watching pait dry on ebid?

Its a shame, I sell more in a weekend on eBay than I have in seven months here. Fundementally, IMO here its because they only allow one or two ads for each item, its always been the same problem for me.

Because of the rule the site has no momentum, there are only ever a handful of items ending at anyone time - whereas go to ebay and there are more items in ONE section ending than here on the whole site. And that is how people like to buy (my products at least) at the end, impulse buys and they like to think they are in competetion for the item and they will win. that said 70% of my ads dont sell - but i just dont worry about that, it all works out in the end.

On ebay at the moment I have 660 ads running, ending from 10am to 10 pm, here I have about 10, all ending about the same time. If i put up more they get pulled so why bother?

what is there to understand, the guys here dont understand the basics of all business. NUMBERS! Its a numbers game.
    If the cap doesn't fit, why choose to wear it?

Quote Originally Posted by rightcharlie
    Its a shame, I sell more in a weekend on eBay than I have in seven months here. Fundementally, IMO here its because they only allow one or two ads for each item, its always been the same problem for me.

Because of the rule the site has no momentum, there are only ever a handful of items ending at anyone time - whereas go to ebay and there are more items in ONE section ending than here on the whole site. And that is how people like to buy (my products at least) at the end, impulse buys and they like to think they are in competetion for the item and they will win. that said 70% of my ads dont sell - but i just dont worry about that, it all works out in the end.

On ebay at the moment I have 660 ads running, ending from 10am to 10 pm, here I have about 10, all ending about the same time. If i put up more they get pulled so why bother?

what is there to understand, the guys here dont understand the basics of all business. NUMBERS! Its a numbers game.
    If all the members here had 600 sales running you can be as sure as day is day that we would have to pay fees! Its a MASSIVE amount of space on a database.

Thats why eBid is free for listing and eBay isnt ... ebay screw you for money to pay for everything whether you sell or not. At least here if it dont sell you aint outta pocket

I have sold more on eBid in one week than I did for 5mths on ebay .... and the NOT selling cost me a fortune, what with non-paying bidders, auction fees (and thats just the bog standard ones ... no special features) etc. Wont go back to them ever again. Its just a mockery now on ebay ... joke auctions all over the place, people STILL selling good feedback even after the Watchdog programme exposed em for the cons they allow, pirated dvds galore. And ebay WONT give a stuff cos all the time they are raking in the money.

But as they say ..... each to their own. FOr me that means EBID.

Vik xxx

but do you sell all of the items which end on the same day, even if you don't pay for extras?

the stuff that i sell on ebay goes like hotcakes.

when i tried selling it on here i struggled to sell 1 a week.

i never thought that i would go back to ebay after coming here, but i had to swallow my pride and do it.

i didn't want 1 or 2 sales a week, i wanted 10+ sales a day and that is what i get over there.

and don't start me on the subject of trying to get buyers to come here either....................grrrrrrrrrrrr........... .....

lol nope dont sell all me stuff thats up for auction ... sometimes it takes a few relistings for it to sell, other times its gone within a few hours through BIN.

Weird isnt it ....... I didnt sell anything on ebay for literally months, but as soon as I listed here my stuff for charity went instnatly Sold absolutely sod all of my personal stuff rofl, but the charity auctions are going really well for me here.

Maybe you give off better vibes on ebay Doodoot lol

Vik xxx

i don't know what it is, but there are definately different types of buyers on there than there are on here.

If ebid advertised then people would know it's here!

Quote Originally Posted by mrscheeks
    If all the members here had 600 sales running you can be as sure as day is day that we would have to pay fees! Its a MASSIVE amount of space on a database.

Thats why eBid is free for listing and eBay isnt ... ebay screw you for money to pay for everything whether you sell or not. At least here if it dont sell you aint outta pocket

I have sold more on eBid in one week than I did for 5mths on ebay .... and the NOT selling cost me a fortune, what with non-paying bidders, auction fees (and thats just the bog standard ones ... no special features) etc. Wont go back to them ever again. Its just a mockery now on ebay ... joke auctions all over the place, people STILL selling good feedback even after the Watchdog programme exposed em for the cons they allow, pirated dvds galore. And ebay WONT give a stuff cos all the time they are raking in the money.

But as they say ..... each to their own. FOr me that means EBID.

Vik xxx
    Paying wouldn't bother me if i got the sales, I give ebay about £1200 a month as it is, this site works for some folk sure it does, but I cant personally ever expect it to be any more than a holiday fund. as long as the fees are in arrears what difference does it make? You could just pay from your income. - not saying it shouldnt be free but thats a gimmick that just inst working - lots of the 99p type junk on this site no one would PAY to list in a million years. fees would halp get rid of the junk at the very least, i mean how many types of hair scrunchis do we need online? If something isnt selling, stop trying and get something else. thats obvious.

fact is you have to speculate to accumalate - if my ebay fees were zero, i would make zero.

My fees here last month were £13, and looking at the maths, it too represented about the same % of my site turnover as on ebay - im sure thats true for many of us.

For me its a numbers game pure and simple, if i thought as my fees as real money (which it is, but they are paid for from income) i wouldn't make a bean, I'd bottle out.

And im sorry, ebay might be a mockery for you but if I had a shop (and I have had shops in the past) I would have to pay light, heat, staff, insurance, rodent control, refuse collection, business rates etc etc.

I think ebay is great - sure it busts my balls all those fees, and the paypal added tax on top but hell, Id never have another shop again.

and eBid COULD be great, it could be a hell of a lot busier and there is a pile of goodwill, but if you say its cos the servers couldnt handle the trafiic, well, i reckon thats pretty lame - but while Im only allowed one listing a day, Ill stick to spreading ten out over ebays day, that way I dont need a zillion different slow moving stock items to get the same turnover.

good luck anyway, RC

Quote Originally Posted by rightcharlie
    Paying wouldn't bother me if i got the sales, I give ebay about £1200 a month as it is, this site works for some folk sure it does, but I cant personally ever expect it to be any more than a holiday fund. as long as the fees are in arrears what difference does it make? You could just pay from your income. - not saying it shouldnt be free but thats a gimmick that just inst working - lots of the 99p type junk on this site no one would PAY to list in a million years. fees would halp get rid of the junk at the very least, i mean how many types of hair scrunchis do we need online? If something isnt selling, stop trying and get something else. thats obvious.

fact is you have to speculate to accumalate - if my ebay fees were zero, i would make zero.

My fees here last month were £13, and looking at the maths, it too represented about the same % of my site turnover as on ebay - im sure thats true for many of us.

For me its a numbers game pure and simple, if i thought as my fees as real money (which it is, but they are paid for from income) i wouldn't make a bean, I'd bottle out.

And im sorry, ebay might be a mockery for you but if I had a shop (and I have had shops in the past) I would have to pay light, heat, staff, insurance, rodent control, refuse collection, business rates etc etc.

I think ebay is great - sure it busts my balls all those fees, and the paypal added tax on top but hell, Id never have another shop again.

and eBid COULD be great, it could be a hell of a lot busier and there is a pile of goodwill, but if you say its cos the servers couldnt handle the trafiic, well, i reckon thats pretty lame - but while Im only allowed one listing a day, Ill stick to spreading ten out over ebays day, that way I dont need a zillion different slow moving stock items to get the same turnover.

good luck anyway, RC
    Charlie I wasnt saying that traffic is the reason they dont let you slap 600 auctions on here ... it was just a guess on my part as to one many hundreds of reasons WHY lol. Besides, I see people listing dowzens of auction on here all the time without any problem .. so not sure exactly what you are getting at with them pulling your auctions. I have listed over 25 items in one sitting without having a single one pulled, so perhaps yours were removed for breaking the T&C's? Again ... JUST A GUESS.

I was running at a massive loss on ebay and one I could NOT afford to continue with. When you are listing items and being billed £20 or £30 a month but see NOTHING in return you have to make a decision whether it is better to continue running at a loss in the hope that one day in the far and distant future you might break even ... or try a different route and try to recoup your losses. Personally a good business man will always try to recoup rather than continue ****ing money up a wall, and it sure worked for me. I managed to not only recoup my initial outlay for goods, but also the losses made from trying to sell the items on ebay unsuccessfully AND I made a profit. So I must be doing something right sticking with eBid.

As I said before and will say again ... each to their own and some people have more success with ebay and otehrs have more success here. But thats no reason to knock either ... especially this place as the customer support here is is 100 times more efficient than ebay could ever accomplish.

Hugs, Vik xx

Quote Originally Posted by mrscheeks
    so perhaps yours were removed for breaking the T&C's?

the T&C's of this site dont allow for multiple listings - lots of folk moan about it,

anyway no worries, if it works for you thats great, i was just responding to the OP, it is like watching paint dry but the forum is a lot more personable than the other side.

commercially though, the owners here could do with a rethink i reckon, it IS a bit stagnant sales wise - even though i have three figure feedback, I know it could be four figure with a diffenet approach.

hugs c

lol at this thread title

well
    just a snippet might be wrong BUT ever since i took my siggy off the boards i have had no sales whatsoever really

i think peeps lurk on the boards and click on the links and bid, its not just other kt regulars that buy

as for the rest
    bit dry at the mo over here afraid

must get some new gear in

Thread Information