Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hair Dye Beware Prob

Quote Originally Posted by mrscheeks
    So glad they are accepting responsibility for this and that they will be making sure your Mum has proper treatment. Make sure they include emotional trauma too!!!! Must be really frightening.

Have the stores removed the dyes from their shelves I wonder? Also, was it a particular colour that has affected your Mum and this other girl? Personally I'd be wanting ALL the Clairol dyes recalled as a matter of caution.

Hugs to you hun,

Vik xxx
    MUMS WAS BLACK AND IVE SAVED BOX AND LEFT BIT OF DYE IN BOTTLE THE HAIR DYE STATES KIND AND GENTLE MY ASSSSSSSSSYOU NO WHAT I MEAN CHEERS VIK LOL SANDRA X

it IS kind and gentle, but only if you aren't sensitive/allergic to any of the ingredients.

i reckon that she is very lucky for such a big company to be paying out to help her.

i find it strange though that she didn't get a reaction with the test you did, but DID show such a dramatic aversion after it was applied.

how weird is that?

Quote Originally Posted by doodoot
    it IS kind and gentle, but only if you aren't sensitive/allergic to any of the ingredients.

i reckon that she is very lucky for such a big company to be paying out to help her.

i find it strange though that she didn't get a reaction with the test you did, but DID show such a dramatic aversion after it was applied.

how weird is that?
    used this same product mant times and only now a month later the rash has gone onto both arms

ive just had a similar problem with my eldest daughter...

i bought some loreal kids shampoo, but we havent hadthis one before, fast drying apparently!!

anyway baths kids and washed their hair tuesday night for school, wednesday morning they get up and my eldests eye is all puffy. Being me i still sent her to school but dad brought her home as it got worse on the way.

Doctors gave her eye drops and we started using them. On thursday she couldnt see, her face was swollen and her eye was bright red and streaming. She was in agony, so got her back in the doctors. She had had a reaction to the drops they gave her so gave her different eye drops, piriton and anitbiotics.

it is improving now.

dont know whether to email loreal though cos the drops made it worse, but i dont know how it would have gone without them if you know what i mean.

the offending shampoo (which i presume it was cos i havent changed anything else) has also give to of my other kids extremely itching heads (despite hours of nit checking and finding nothing).

no tears! shampoofor kids brought floods of tears in my house

I have a mare of a time with my DD and shampoo ... she has very sensitive skin on her scalp when it comes to shampoos and I know after one wash if its a no go cos she gets itchy and flaky. Have found that Treseme is fabulous for her and cos its such a massive bottle it works out dirt cheap.

If you have a kid that gets an allergic reaction around the eye area DONT use the eye drops as they tend to inflame it even more because of the high sensitivity of them at the time. I get so cross when Doctors keep giving eye drops for eye inflamation when something like piriton taken orally is far mor eeffective and much less upsetting. Suffer from loads of weirdass allergies meself that cause eye problems as well as skin probs and have alwsy found the eye drops to be excruciating. As have friends who have been given the drops ... never ever use em for hayfever nowadays, just tooo feckin painful

Hope your DD is feeling better soon, hugs to you.

Vik xxx

I have a mare of a time with my DD and shampoo ... she has very sensitive skin on her scalp when it comes to shampoos and I know after one wash if its a no go cos she gets itchy and flaky. Have found that Treseme is fabulous for her and cos its such a massive bottle it works out dirt cheap.

If you have a kid that gets an allergic reaction around the eye area DONT use the eye drops as they tend to inflame it even more because of the high sensitivity of them at the time. I get so cross when Doctors keep giving eye drops for eye inflamation when something like piriton taken orally is far mor eeffective and much less upsetting. Suffer from loads of weirdass allergies meself that cause eye problems as well as skin probs and have alwsy found the eye drops to be excruciating. As have friends who have been given the drops ... never ever use em for hayfever nowadays, just tooo feckin painful

Hope your DD is feeling better soon, hugs to you.

Vik xxx
    thanks for that vik. Never really encountered this problem before.

my son is atopic and he has priton, but never thought anything of the eye drops as the doctors gave her them. but they just made everything 10 times bloody worse!!!

dont know whether its worth dropping loreal a line tho?

could just be one of those things shes had a reaction to?

I dunno what they put in things nowadays but I have become to allergic to so many things after having #2 baby its laffable! Became so allergic to apples literally overnight that I nearly went into anaphylactic shock and it took 7 weeks of allergic conjunctivitis to discover that I had become highly allergic to potatoes.

Had eye drops for that and omg it nearly burnt me eyeballs ... made the problem 100 times worse. I refuse to have drops now as they are going straight to the heart of the problem BUT in this case its not the best method of treatment as eyes are just too delicate to handle this kind of thing. If its an allergic reaction of any kind .. hayfever too ... with my kids I insist on either tablet antihistamines or piriton.

Piriton is soooo effective that it can slow a reaction down for me within 10 to 15 minutes tops. And I had to rely on 8 antihistamines a day for nearly 2yrs when I first got my allergies. Bear in mind that they do not reccommend more than 2 tablets a day unless it is under extreme medical advise!! Yeps, bigass allergies lol and piriton is a total lifesaver for me if I am caught short.

God ... depressing subject isnt it. Off to stare at the forbidden fruit and cry .... I love apples

Vik xxx

thanks vik

u must be on a nightmare where allergic reactions are concerned.

i dropped rice all over the floor.... back in 5

View minkyrra's Feedback (+1752)
    All-About minkyrra
    View minkyrra's Listings
    Forum Posts

Piriton is soooo effective that it can slow a reaction down for me within 10 to 15 minutes tops. And I had to rely on 8 antihistamines a day for nearly 2yrs when I first got my allergies. Bear in mind that they do not reccommend more than 2 tablets a day unless it is under extreme medical advise!! Yeps, bigass allergies lol and piriton is a total lifesaver for me if I am caught short.

God ... depressing subject isnt it. Off to stare at the forbidden fruit and cry .... I love apples

Vik xxx
    oops, i didnt know that

i go through spells where i take one every four hours for months.

then whatever it is, seems to stop, it doesnt seem to make any difference if its summer or winter either.

i get the itchy throat/deep ear feeling that absolutely drives me nuts with its intensity.

im fine again at the moment, not needing them at all.

maybe if i dusted more often it might help

actually it cant be my lack of skills in housekeeping, as my sisters houses set it off too.

aww bless ... I pop the pills whenever and thank god now I am at a stage whereby I take em whenever .. and YES I take 2 at a time lol specially if I havent had to take any (make that too lazy) for a while.

Grea thing about antihistamines is 1. no addiction , 2. can be taken with alcohol and 3. cant overdose

I hate that bloody itchy feeling ... want to ram a bogbrush down yer throat or be albe to stick something through one ear and out the other side a la cartoons to scratch properly

Vik xxx

Thread Information