Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bank help please

View minkyrra's Feedback (+1752)
    All-About minkyrra
    View minkyrra's Listings
    Forum Posts

i am at my sisters, doing computery thingys for them

im very technical minded you know

just need to remember if this bit goes in there, or that place and if that download is meant to make it do that and why this other bit is left over and why cant i get it to stop playing aga doo.

hmm.... back to the drawing board

Interesting that the buyer claims YOU Have taken it from her .......... did she think you were some underworld mobster or something? embezzling by sticking little arrows up on the cheque to show an inserted HUNDRED rofl

flippin heck first thing I'd be questioning is if the stupid cashier had entered the wrong amount .. its all computer entry nowadays ffs and thats the most obvious way for mistakes to happen.

Sue the bank for besmerching your good name hehehehehe

Vik xxx

View shelleywelley's Feedback (+391)
    All-About shelleywelley
    View shelleywelley's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrscheeks
    Interesting that the buyer claims YOU Have taken it from her .......... did she think you were some underworld mobster or something? embezzling by sticking little arrows up on the cheque to show an inserted HUNDRED rofl

flippin heck first thing I'd be questioning is if the stupid cashier had entered the wrong amount .. its all computer entry nowadays ffs and thats the most obvious way for mistakes to happen.

Sue the bank for besmerching your good name hehehehehe

Vik xxx
    pmsl I better go hide all my tippex and forged signature practice papers incase I get raided

To make it worse, she hasn't received her item either

Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View thehoneyant's Feedback (+137)
    All-About thehoneyant
    View thehoneyant's Listings
    Forum Posts

I had once similar trouble, and they sent me the endorsed cheque so I could see it. It was NOT my mistake.
    That's why cheques have 2 places to put the amount, one for figures £2.49p and one written if full. ie. the sum of:- Two pounds 49p only, or Two pounds forty-nine pence only, depending on how you write it.
    It isn't your fault if the teller need glasses.
    Spec/saver are 2 for 1

All-About shelleywelley
    Forum Posts

Slight update

Account definately has had £249 deposited. Neither I nor the buyer has heard anything from either bank.

Can the bank just snatch the money back or do they have to ask us for it? Don't suppose there is any chance I can tell them to go whistle

I feel really sorry for the poor woman, she is being really nice about it and has left me positive feedback, bless her

have you been down to the bank? perhaps speaking to someone in person will get it sorted quicker

or just keep ringing them till its sorted, pester them, pester the manager lol

View minkyrra's Feedback (+1752)
    All-About minkyrra
    View minkyrra's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shelleywelley
    Slight update

Account definately has had £249 deposited. Neither I nor the buyer has heard anything from either bank.

Can the bank just snatch the money back or do they have to ask us for it? Don't suppose there is any chance I can tell them to go whistle

I feel really sorry for the poor woman, she is being really nice about it and has left me positive feedback, bless her
    they could correct it as they have evidence that you arent entitled to the 249. but out of good manners and customer service, they should get in touch to say sorry and let you know what has happened, and what they are doing about it.

i dont know if you have contacted them direct yet, but i would suggest that you do so. it may well speed the process up.

All-About shelleywelley
    Forum Posts

Thanks Mink, bank won't speak to me as it's in oh name so can't get in touch with them until the weekend, telephone banking is worse than useless

Hiya hun. I would be tempted to tell the banks to feck off, get in touch with the buyer direct and say okies gimme your bank details and I will transfer NOW the extra £246.51 that the stupid bank put into my account when they didnt put the decimal point in the right place

Game set and match to YOU and the buyer rofl!!

Vik xxxx

Thread Information