Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Validation of ALL users - or kick bidder

Angry Validation of ALL users - or kick bidder

I am getting fed up of bidding/selling with bogus users. How do people think if it could be validated users only? I look at the number of auctions started and users each month and its getting silly. I have another one with me now and I know it is another one of these duds with "hey, register today bid on 10 items and hahahaahahah".

Perhaps we can have have an option to kick a user off.

what do other people think?

gets no better on the other side I'm afraid. Every so often I get a batch of non-payers yet some of them have got good feedback not all of them are newbies.

I feel we need something set up for non paying bidders, I have had quite a few on here recently ...I have also been getting them on the other side and most of them have good feedback

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by fivebyfive
    I feel we need something set up for non paying bidders, I have had quite a few on here recently ...I have also been getting them on the other side and most of them have good feedback
    Nice avvie 5x5 In total agreement with you too on ur thread

I think you can trust the biders which are sliver because they have paid to be it and they have a credit card.

Quote Originally Posted by cooltempest
    I think you can trust the biders which are sliver because they have paid to be it and they have a credit card.
    that's true , but they are mainly sellers ..most buyers are bronze and I don't want to block bronze bidders , some of the bronze ones have excellent feedback ...

morning swappy , how's your head

When I first joined ebid around 2 years ago, I kept getting bronze npbs all with no feedback but then suddenly I got lots of bids from newbies (I got a bit worried) but all of them paid immediatly. That is why I would never advise anyone to block bronze bidders as you never know your chances of getting a sale. If you do get any bad biddders then just relist again as it's free and only leave feedback if they have a feedback score above zero.

View shezz's Feedback (+360)
    All-About shezz
    View shezz's Listings
    Forum Posts

Red face

I have only been with the website since October, I started as a bronze as with most of us I soon upgraded to silver, the point I am getting at is, untill I made my first buy and sale I had no feedback, I am gratefull to the seller and the buyer for accepting me.
    I agree that there is a problem and they mainly come form bronze buyers but how can you tell a good apple from a bad apple everyone has to start somewhere as we did, I will not leave bronze out from my auctions, but there must be some way that validation can be made on people joining ebid.

This problem does not only apply to ebid but to all online auctions.

I think that when someone bids for an Item and win they must fill out an online form which is then sent to the seller, the seller can then accept the sale or reject it,(this can work both ways) the form should also include a landline number so if need be the seller/buyer can ring the buyer/seller before accepting the sale/purchase

Hopefully this would knockout a lot of bogus buyers if contact has to be made with the seller before purchase is made.
    Last edited by mimms0; 1st January 2005 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mimms0
    form should also include a landline number so if need be the seller/buyer can ring the buyer/seller before accepting the sale/purchase
    I wouldn't want anyone knowing my number nor I woudn't want to fill in a forum.

Forum Lurker
    Great Broughton, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View carpfisher's Feedback (+298)
    All-About carpfisher
    View carpfisher's Listings
    Forum Posts

Exactly My Sentiments,i Dont Want Any Dodgy Calls At 3 In The Morning.

Thread Information