Thread: Comics on EBID

Forum Lurker
    View illudius's Feedback (+1324)
    All-About illudius
    View illudius's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mjs_41
    Hmm,
    Whats the sorta percentages on npb's in here sold to 3 diffrent people and only 1 paid so far (only been a week but you tend to get a feeling about certain sales).
    As to categories how can they have Iron Man, Thor, Avengers, Captain America, Daredevil, Green Lantern, JLA and maybe Wonder Woman missing. These have been going strong for the last 50 years and deserve their rightful place with the comic greats.
    Btw Illudius nice pricing even I have been tempted at some of your auctions.
    Sorry to hear you've got NPB's. People can be a little slow to pay on EBID so it might be worth pumping out a few extra e-mail to chivvie them along. I've had a few NPBs but ironically less than on EBAY. I did have one guy dump on me over £100 worth of stuff but I left him 20 odd negative feedback. Since they all count it was strangely satisfying 8->

My experience so far is that sales come in bursts with gaps in between. In the last few months the gaps have been getting shorter.

Oh yes my auctions are great, BUY BUY BUY 8->. Actually I'm hoping to list a lot more soon, including more complete mini series and stuff. It's finding the time that's the bind.

If you are after comics then you might want to hit my website (below) and use the enquiries e-mail to sign up to my mailing list. I do a lot of special offers and so forth as well as preview up and coming auctions.

Illudius
    Come visit my Comic Emporium, it's lovely
    Come visit Northern Comics

Forum Newbie
    View mjs_41's Feedback (+19)
    All-About mjs_41
    View mjs_41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ouch £100 well at least it only costs time. I never really had a problem with npb's b4 most of the people who buy are normally repeat customers.
    Thats the good thing about my situation atm got all the time in the world.
    But sales on here (apart from npb's) dont seem to bad considering its free to list.
    Hmm had a look at your site, looks good, a little short on contents though. I only ever tend to buy comics in their thousands though. But if you ever come accross any golden age GL thats about all I am trying to collect atm. The rest is just to raise the cash for them.
    Anyway wish you luck with your selling.

Forum Newbie
    All-About mjs_41
    View mjs_41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well you were totally right. All have paid now, okay takes double the time as it does on e-bay but well worth it, will just have to get used to waiting longer for payment.
    Anyway just put a load of X-men on now lets see how they do.

Forum Lurker
    All-About illudius
    View illudius's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good to hear they finally coughed up. I personally think that part of the problem are the e-mails that EBID send when an auction finishes. There is lots of advertising in them and they are a bit confusing.

I've managed to sell another 12 issues last week and had another one bid on this morning. It's ramping up a bit, so hopefully it will continue to follow this trend in the future. Good luck with your X-Men.

Forum Newbie
    All-About mjs_41
    View mjs_41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hmm trying somthing a little diffrent, you may have noticed, just curious at how many views it would get (hopefully giving some kind of idea of how many ppl are around and looking).
    If I sell the comics, well will be missing out on a fair bit of profit but can rebuild.

Forum Lurker
    All-About illudius
    View illudius's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good luck with it. You may want to take the view count with a pinch of salt though as I believe it counts hits regardless of whether you have viewed before. That means a single individual opening the auction 20 times will provide 20 views.

I'm thinking of listing my CGC stuff and seeing if anyone interested.

Illudius

Forum Newbie
    All-About mjs_41
    View mjs_41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hmm,
    The counter is a bit strange like that, CGC stuff almost always sells so that would be interesting to see. Got a few myself. I'm just trying to really work out where every1 has gone, e-bays down heavily on the comics front and most of the others only have between 5-10,000 comics listed, unless they are American sites. But I suppose with the "e-comics" epidemic that was bound to happen.
    Shame really because I always found the best part of collecting was to find those extremly rare copies of things that just stopped you from completing your sets.
    But wish you luck on your CGC's.

Forum Lurker
    All-About illudius
    View illudius's Listings
    Forum Posts

Actually I've found EBAY UK has more comics. About 12 months ago they averaged 15,000 items at any one time. Now they have about 23,000 on a regular basis. They only every seem to top that level if they have a free listing day (when the tend to top 35,000) which they seem to have given up on at present.

I've had some mixed success with CGC stuff. On occasion it's great, but other times people don't seem bothered. I've got lots of Highest Graded CGC Batman issues to list so hopefully the category they've put on EBID and the recent movie release will make them shine.

Getting must joy with your major listing?

Illudius
    Last edited by illudius; 22nd June 2005 at 01:57 PM.

Forum Newbie
    All-About mjs_41
    View mjs_41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hmm,
    Odd that maybe its just me, back when I was seriously selling on ebay (01-03) had a 60% selling rate and was listing 100's per week, maybe it just seemed like there were more listing's but thought it was more around the 60-80,000 mark.
    Lol can the "major listing" have any less views. In fact quite stunned really even if people are not going to buy they normally stop and have a look.
    Oh btw noticed in another thread that you were looking for a trading card price list, any joy? I just bought a few thousand trading cards (Have no idea beyond the fact they look good as to what they are). Starting to go through them now but may take a while.

Forum Lurker
    All-About illudius
    View illudius's Listings
    Forum Posts

Never found an on-line trading card list but the US magazine NON-SPORTS UPDATE has a fairly good price list. You'll normally find it in comic shops, Borders carry it, or you can order if from the states on their website http://www.nonsportupdate.com/ They also have a good forum although they don't let you advertise unless your prepared to pay.

I've got a few old copies of the magazine so if you want to know any specific prices and can't find you own copy, just tell me what the cards are and I'll see if I can find them.

Illudius

Thread Information